PDA

View Full Version : Engine swap wiring

Civicguy
05-22-2006, 11:42 PM
I have a 98 civic Si and I just dropped in a 94 LS b18b1 we r tryin to do the wiring and cant figure out some of the plugs, the biggest concern is the 7 wire plug (LS) to my 8 wire plug from the Si harness and then some of the other wires as well like the alternator on the LS is a big green round thing compared to a rectangled plug on the d series, should I just change the alternators? and injectors, the LS plugs have a tab that is in line with the injectors while the harness is off set, should I splice the new injectors on cauze the LS injectors are a higher fuel or should I just change the injectors cauze its the same?I have some more but im not to sure yet but the MAIN one is the 7wire plug to the 8 wire plug
thanks

Stu

rc2002
05-23-2006, 12:41 AM
You can't keep your civic alternator - you have to use the B18 one. You'll need to redo the connector - check on Honda-tech for that.

The injectors is up to you - you can run your stock injectors. Or you can cut the clips off the B18 harness and use those injectors. Both are the same - I would keep your OBD2 civic injectors if I were you.

Lastly I think you're talking about the distirbutor when you talk about the 7/8 wire plug? You'll have to rewire the distributor connector - check on Honda-tech for that too.

Civicguy
05-23-2006, 07:58 PM
ok...I looked at my stock harness for the alt...and with the b18 it has 4 wires and my stock one has 3 what do I have to do for that?