PDA

View Full Version : LF: New Affordable Condos

canadian_hustla
05-23-2006, 03:00 PM
Ok so here's the deal, me and my g/f are in the market looking for a new or relatively new maitenance free condo

We are looking to spend approx $260,000 incl tax for a 2 bdrm condo.

As far as the NW is concerned we have looked in Royal oak, silvercity...

anyone know of any new condo developments (don't necessarily have to be built yet) coming up in the city?

We are looking to stay in the north, possibly shallow south..

thanks in advance

nonsane
05-23-2006, 03:06 PM
Like i said before Calgary Herald Condo section(i believe comes out every friday(maybe it's saturday?) has a list of every condo sales office around. You'll probably have to wait a bit before getting one, but once you get your deposit down, you can ride it up(hell, put a deposit on two and sell one when they are almost built :D)

TC2002
05-23-2006, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by canadian_hustla
Ok so here's the deal, me and my g/f are in the market looking for a new or relatively new maitenance free condo

We are looking to spend approx $260,000 incl tax for a 2 bdrm condo.

As far as the NW is concerned we have looked in Royal oak, silvercity...

anyone know of any new condo developments (don't necessarily have to be built yet) coming up in the city?

We are looking to stay in the north, possibly shallow south..

thanks in advance

I checked out Gateway Southcentre a while back. http://www.gatewaysouthcentre.com/ It's right across from South Centre mall, so it's not too far South. Check it out. The reason why I didn't buy one is because I'm looking for townhouse style more than apartment style condos. However, they were the only ones down South that I found that included A/C in with the package price.

HRD2PLZ
05-23-2006, 03:23 PM
Gateway is now selling into their last phases... It seems like a good building, all concrete constuction. I think the system they are using for their HVAC is different... but thats just my opinion.

86max
05-23-2006, 03:30 PM
The 6th phase they released earlier this month won't be completed till 2008 though.

Boosted_TL
05-23-2006, 04:49 PM
For $260, would you not prefer a house?

2.2vtec
05-23-2006, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Boosted_TL
For $260, would you not prefer a house?

You would probably get a nicer condo then a house with 260...

01RedDX
05-23-2006, 05:22 PM

Tik-Tok
05-23-2006, 05:34 PM
Remember those annoying get in your head radio adverts?

"I like lonlonlonlondondondon, I like london...."

They're going to start selling phase 2 soon. Last year when I phoned the 2 bedrooms were going for 230ish (1050 sq.ft I think), but then again, that was last year.

Awesome location though, right next to Heritage C-train, across the street from London Drugs, Co-op, everything within walking distance.

I think it's ilikelondon.com or something.

Edit to add, yeah it's ilikelondon.com, but make sure you turn the sound off before you go the the site.

69cougar
05-23-2006, 06:11 PM
Lighthouse Landing in Coventry Hills. By Cardel. From the 170's (Accorrding to signage)

Ekliptix
05-23-2006, 10:32 PM
My Bro and I are looking for a condo/house so I'll stick my name in here.

HRD2PLZ
05-24-2006, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
Remember those annoying get in your head radio adverts?

"I like lonlonlonlondondondon, I like london...."

They're going to start selling phase 2 soon. Last year when I phoned the 2 bedrooms were going for 230ish (1050 sq.ft I think), but then again, that was last year.

Awesome location though, right next to Heritage C-train, across the street from London Drugs, Co-op, everything within walking distance.

I think it's ilikelondon.com or something.

Edit to add, yeah it's ilikelondon.com, but make sure you turn the sound off before you go the the site.

Last time I was in, I think their second phase was going to be released in the late summer. I would expect 2 bedrooms to start from the $260's at a minimum. When they had a few remaining units left, a 1 bedroom plus den on the 3rd floor was $180K. The other 1 bedroom plus den (11th floor) was $213K. They also had a Westminster 2 bedroom plan for $330K.

canadian_hustla
05-24-2006, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by HRD2PLZ

Last time I was in, I think their second phase was going to be released in the late summer. I would expect 2 bedrooms to start from the $260's at a minimum. When they had a few remaining units left, a 1 bedroom plus den on the 3rd floor was $180K. The other 1 bedroom plus den (11th floor) was $213K. They also had a Westminster 2 bedroom plan for $330K.

yeah I went to the website, it looks like almost everything with exception to the 330k plans are sold out

Tik-Tok
05-24-2006, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by canadian_hustla

yeah I went to the website, it looks like almost everything with exception to the 330k pl

ans are sold out

They have a Phase 2 coming, they haven't even put them on the market yet.

HRD2PLZ
05-24-2006, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

They have a Phase 2 coming, they haven't even put them on the market yet.

He was referring to Phase 1. Their website must not be current, because the entire Phase 1 has been sold out. Phase 2 hasn't been released.

civicguy2002
05-24-2006, 09:42 PM
Yeah I bought into Gateway Southcentre when they first started selling phase 3. At this point I am up over a hundred grand. Not that, that will get me much now.....

canadian_hustla
06-04-2006, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by 69cougar
Lighthouse Landing in Coventry Hills. By Cardel. From the 170's (Accorrding to signage)

sort of false advertising, but yeah.. the one bedrooms start at like 200k lol

Given that we secure our mortgage, it looks like we will be moving into lighthouse landing.

total cost after tax will be approximately $275k (incl upgrades, tax on upgrades, and extra parking stall)

it is safe to say that I am not going to have any money for a very long time given that me and my gf will be trying to hold a $1500 dollar mortgage + $302 in condo fees

calgary350z
06-05-2006, 01:32 PM
just bought a 1224 sqft townhouse with a double garage in New Brighton for under 280 000 with full upgrades. They will be going to no waiting list soon as well. They have the nicest floorplans for useable space that we could find in the city for the price. It is in the south though.

canadian_hustla
06-05-2006, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by calgary350z
just bought a 1224 sqft townhouse with a double garage in New Brighton for under 280 000 with full upgrades. They will be going to no waiting list soon as well. They have the nicest floorplans for useable space that we could find in the city for the price. It is in the south though.

wow how far south is that?
our condo will be 275k with upgrades

calgary350z
06-05-2006, 11:31 PM
that is right of the Deerfoot and it beside both Macenzie Town and Copperfield. I will be working in the North myself but it was such a great deal we could not pass it up. Go to www.hawthorne-homes.com and Mosiac of New Brighton to check it out. We got the Pallino model. Also Sabal is building really nice townhomes in Copperfield that are only in the second phase that look like they will be even nicer for the price. Go to their website and register as they are going to be releasing more soon www.sabalchalet.com

silvercivicsir
06-07-2006, 08:00 AM
that's crazy, 280k for a condo.. I'm so glad i bought my house which is 1930 sq for 298k, back in December. Totally thought I was getting Hosed on the price, since the builder wasn't willing to budge on the price at all..

It's going to be done in 2 more months.