PDA

View Full Version : importing cars new laws

motto_adrenelin
05-23-2006, 04:18 PM
So from what i have heard from people that do out of prof inspections there are new laws to bring cars FROM JAPAN

THE CLASS
has to be approved under canadain spec's so
-windsheild has to be made in canada
-turn singals
-side windows
-back windows
-rear window
-headlights
-markers
-tail lights

anything that is glass or plastic for lights

all shops that I know of have all gotten notice saying there are now NO more cars to be past unless the glass or plastic has been approved by canada so made or apporeved by canada

and that is right from some one i know that works as a mechanic in a shop

:banghead: :banghead:

just to let everyone know thats what I have heard

QuasarCav
05-23-2006, 04:23 PM
GLASS

But that sucks, A full replacment of glass and lights is not cheap.

Why would they make a Windshield for a JDM car in Canada?

Tik-Tok
05-23-2006, 04:24 PM
Pure politics. It's Onterrible's way of saying, "HEY support the ontario economy by buying cars made in ontario, because we literally have nothing else to offer the country"

motto_adrenelin
05-23-2006, 04:26 PM
they don't want the cars over here anymore you can't buy class for like eg. skyline,silvia over in japan but not canada gets shipped from japan

motto_adrenelin
05-23-2006, 04:27 PM
i will try and get the notice from a friend to post it up

A790
05-23-2006, 06:33 PM
You should still be able to buy the front glass for silvias here as it was shared with the 240 coupe.

Phuqu
05-23-2006, 06:35 PM
Stop beating the dead horse.

The notice is nothing new. It's just a reminder of laws that have always been in place.

If it doesn't pass it doesn't pass. The laws are nothing new.

Doesn't matter if it's Japansese, American or Saskatchewan. They all have the same rules for the out of province inspection.

Here is the link.

Nothing more than a reminder.

Friendly Reminder from www.riv.ca. (http://www.riv.ca/english/NOTICE0604.pdf)

motto_adrenelin
05-23-2006, 06:52 PM
this is brand new so no its not old knews and its only in alberta right now as I know of like i said i will get the notice

BlackArcher101
05-23-2006, 06:55 PM
SAE/DOT Glass and markers has always been a requirement in Canada, no matter the vehicle. Problem is, it has never really been enforced. Now it is. Such is life when importing anything. Always ensure it is allowed.

Again, the rules haven't changed. They are cracking down on shops that passed them without the proper safety glass/lights.

C4S
05-24-2006, 12:20 AM
Just from those cars from japan or asian??

How about ofr importing some nice cars from Europe ?? :confused: