PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever been to Redwater Rustic Grill

Nizmo_GTR
05-23-2006, 05:58 PM
Has anyone ever been to Redwater Rustic Grill. It's my 4 year anniversary with my gf and I want to take her there. I don't know of anyone that has been there. Is the food good? What do you recommend?

Thanks

quiksilver
05-23-2006, 06:02 PM
it is brand new i did'nt think it was even open. that is where Lucianos used to be correct.

R-Audi
05-23-2006, 09:05 PM
My parents have been twice so far and absolutely loved it.. Dont know any more details... but they went back twice in three weeks!

HRD2PLZ
05-24-2006, 08:09 AM
I went a few weeks ago and it was really good. Definitely somewhere I would go again :thumbsup:

DeeK
05-24-2006, 08:13 AM
sounds good where is this place?

R-Audi
05-24-2006, 08:58 AM
McCleod where Luciano's used to be.. (Between Heritage and Southland.. <edit>WEST<edit> side of McCleod..

QuasarCav
05-24-2006, 09:01 AM
I am going tonight for a co-workers birthday shit-show.

I'll do a review in the morning.

Nissanaddict
05-24-2006, 09:52 AM
West side of McLeod actually. Let us know how it is.

Nizmo_GTR
05-24-2006, 09:34 PM
Which dishes did you guys order?

civic_stylez
05-24-2006, 10:52 PM
when my girlfriend and i went there we loved it! we had the chili mango sockeye salmon and the flamed chicken and it was great. we had a bottle of wine with it so our bill ran us about 100$ but it was well worth it, the restaurant has a great interior and the service was great..being a new restaurant we had the managers stop by every so often to make sure we were enjoying ourselves. well be going back for sure and i recommend it to everyone but make a reservation! i noticed that the majority of people were dressed upscale as well but nothing to over the top.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Supa Dexta
05-26-2006, 04:23 PM
Pricey place, but the staff is great.. Everyone I hear from so far has been liking it... It's right after the spa place going south, before you get to ranchmans.. They were saying on cjay one day the owner got locked in the wine room, in the center of the room.. ha.. those who have been there will know what I mean.. it would be like being inside a cage in front of everyone eating..

snade831
05-26-2006, 11:50 PM
what kind of a menu is it?

dani4784
05-31-2006, 11:14 AM
I actually work at Red Water, and I eat there after every shift which is about three times a week. During training we had to try absolutely everything on the menu and not a single thing was gross. My family and I also go for dinner there once a week and my dad also brings all his clients there

Everything there is made from scratch, thats why its sooo good. I recommend the tomato and corn soup (amazing) the pizzas and pastas are crazy good there too...actually everything is so good...there a something for everyone on the menu

cujo_cjc
06-01-2006, 08:42 AM
Interesting.
Ill have to take my gf there and try it out :)

snowboard
06-01-2006, 08:47 AM
hmm i like food
maybe ill force my sugar momma to take me there.

QuasarCav
06-01-2006, 10:19 AM
I went there last night, busy day at work today.

Hold on for my less than stellar review.

Gondi Stylez
06-06-2006, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by dani4784
*SNIP*Everything there is made from scratch, thats why its sooo good. *SNIP*

i dunno why but i found that hilarious... anyone else with me??!?!:rofl: :nut: :rofl:

HyperZell
06-22-2006, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Gondi Stylez

i dunno why but i found that hilarious... anyone else with me??!?!:rofl: :nut: :rofl:

Sounds like you're just a crazy bastard.

tapout
06-22-2006, 11:19 PM
my brother said they have great food & service

spyce
06-27-2006, 10:47 AM
So is this a decent place to go to for someones bday?
Thinking of going this friday:dunno:

aaronck
06-27-2006, 02:39 PM
I went a couple off weeks ago for my Birthday, very good service and food, but a little pricey. Expect to pay around 25 per tasty entree.

Azn_Rice_Man
07-03-2006, 02:15 PM
Anyone experience paying $5/person for a brought-in birthday cake at this place?

Recently went there for my birthday and those bastards WANTED to charge me $5/person for the cake we brought in... The supervisor argued that it was a new regulation in Calgary from the health board and that if we were to bring in a cake to ANY other place in Calgary, we'd still be charged that fee, which ended up being more than the cake itself! (Cake was $35 and the fee was $40... :dunno: )

In a more general perspective, the food wasn't the best... I expected more from $50/person. I ordered the pork chop and it was cooked unevenly, half well-done, the other just medium. Halibut was also ordered and one side looked great, while the other was burnt to hell.

Anyone else have experiences like this???

spyce
07-03-2006, 07:59 PM
went there this past friday
the food was good. everyone enjoyed their meal there
i really liked my gf's dish. it was the fettuccini alfredo
the only bad part was it was about a 3 hour dinner :(

Azn_Rice_Man
07-03-2006, 08:11 PM
Yea, they dun exactly have the most timely service...

Hash_man
07-11-2006, 12:50 AM
I went there last thursday. Was a damn good meal, but like other said, kinda expensive.

However in perspective, compared to something like earl's or whatever you are getting much much better food for really not that much more.

Service was not the best, and the place is kinda noisy, but I would definately go back, food was delicious.