PDA

View Full Version : whats wrong with my friends sentra! it wont start!

EstoMax
04-02-2003, 07:42 PM
hey, my friends 94 sentra has a problem
his engine turns over, but doesnt start, i can see exhaust comin out (sometimes only) but the engine doesnt start up..
yeah.. anyone gots a clue?

max

Speed_Dreams
04-02-2003, 08:00 PM
check for spark , if you have spark check for fuel pressure

if not...did you try boosting it...maybe the battery is dead

Weapon_R
04-02-2003, 10:23 PM
Engine doesn't start because of no spark or no fuel. Check your distributor or your fuel pump. You can sometimes rule out the fuel pump if you can hear it.

GTS Jeff
04-02-2003, 10:47 PM
does it sorta start (goes up a few hundred rpm) and then cough and die right away?

if so it could be something like the afm

hjr
04-03-2003, 01:24 AM
diagnostic time - like said above, check spark, then fuel. When you check the spark and you holding the spark plug wire almost against the block (you know to watch for spark) don't hold it near the end that will be sparking. Hold it way back, as far as you can while still mantaining some control of the end. Boy i tell you (from experience), you will only make THAT mistake once.

EstoMax
04-03-2003, 12:41 PM
ok so i went over and looked under his hood...
there was a piece of styrofoam in the intake tube blockin air :|
after that it started fine lol
he said he saw a styrofoam box blow up on the freeway yesterday from a car in front and he apparently hit a few pieces which somehow managed the crawl into the engine and block the intake tube :|

max

Xerxes
04-03-2003, 03:30 PM
that sounds like a great april fools joke......I guess I gotta wait till next year:D

hjr
04-03-2003, 04:25 PM
hahaha. Great idea!

dj_honda
04-03-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Lt. Max
ok so i went over and looked under his hood...
there was a piece of styrofoam in the intake tube blockin air :|
after that it started fine lol
he said he saw a styrofoam box blow up on the freeway yesterday from a car in front and he apparently hit a few pieces which somehow managed the crawl into the engine and block the intake tube :|

max

its funny that you asked on beyond before even looking under the hood....:dunno:

EstoMax
04-04-2003, 12:12 AM
i did look under the hood first.. just didnt look at the intake.. i looked at the spark plugs and checked if theres spark n stuff.. anyway its all over now .. nothing to see here. yeap. disperse
sorry for not bein so clear

max

Dr. Lightspeed
04-07-2003, 10:47 PM
That reminds me of an old trick of the wet cigarette but between the coil wire and distributer. Great way to screw up a buddy. Almost as good as the hown to the signal light.

88ludeacris
04-11-2003, 11:54 AM
can i ask how did a piece of styrofoam get into the intake? (its a good contraceptive if you wanna sex up to your car)

EstoMax
04-11-2003, 06:48 PM

i said it in a post above..
max