PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Bike Advice!

teggypimp95
05-24-2006, 11:24 AM
Well I am thinking of getting my bike lincence soon and i just wanted to hear some thoughts of the riders on here to hear what they have to say. My whole life i kinda said to myself i wouldent get a bike cuz of the danger but recently i have had a change of heart. What does every one thing? how much it cost to get ur bike licence and what does it take? What would also be a good starter bikes and any other susjestions? thanks guys!

skandalouz_08
05-24-2006, 06:11 PM
Bike license isn't that expensive i think it was about 15$ for the mc that a baby could pass and $60 for the road test, you have to provide your own bike for the road test. Look into bike classes with Too Cool or CSC although most are pretty booked up already. Have the money ready to buy the equipment, you would be surprised how much stuff costs. Other than that biking is so much fun, it makes you more aware of the streets both as a bike rider and when you are driving your car. Hope that helps you a bit. As for a first bike, look into the 500-600cc range are mostly excellent starter bikes just don't try to do crazy stuff in the first few weeks that you start riding.

94SSEi
05-24-2006, 06:14 PM
Have you ridden a lot before? Like dirtbikes and such or learning on the street.

If no, don't get anything more than a 500.

teggypimp95
05-25-2006, 11:39 AM
Havent riden alot before, only dirty bike a few times. what equipment do u susgest starting out with?

SOAB
05-25-2006, 12:26 PM
i would suggest everything but most noobs don't really care for wearing gear.

helmet
gloves
jacket
pants
boots

budget between $1500-$3000 for gear. i have over $3000 worth of gear.
BUT!!! all the gear in the world won't help you if you ride like a moron.

skandalouz_08
05-25-2006, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by 94SSEi
Have you ridden a lot before? Like dirtbikes and such or learning on the street.

If no, don't get anything more than a 500.

This is just personal opinion, I've never ridden before and I started on a 600. Was it too much for me? I don't think so, I wasn't going all out trying stupid shit. Its totally safe to start on a 600 just depends how safe of a rider you are going to be. On the other side starting on a lower cc bike is fine but you're going to want to upgrade after one season which can create a hassle.

teggypimp95
05-25-2006, 04:09 PM
Yeah i was thinking of starting at around 600. i know i would be safe and not ride stupid because im scared! hahaha but i wanna get into it so bad

skandalouz_08
05-25-2006, 07:00 PM
Before choosing a bike go into a bike store and price out equipment, and while you're there sit on the bikes and see which one you like the feel of, riding is partly about comfort. From there you can see what you like then look into the buysell and autotrader for the bike of your choice.

BebeAphrodite
05-26-2006, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by teggypimp95
Well I am thinking of getting my bike lincence soon and i just wanted to hear some thoughts of the riders on here to hear what they have to say. My whole life i kinda said to myself i wouldent get a bike cuz of the danger but recently i have had a change of heart. What does every one thing? how much it cost to get ur bike licence and what does it take? What would also be a good starter bikes and any other susjestions? thanks guys!

Riding bikes are really expensive.
Gear costs a ton, I don't even have my bike yet but have already spent a lot on my gear. When I was shopping for items, helmets ranged from about $250 - $1000+, jacket are around $250-$500, pants are around $250, shoes are about $200, gloves are around $100. And you need the bike plus insurance on top of that.
As for the actual price of the classes, the 2006 Season Price is $439.00 + GST for Too Cool. I LOVED it there, the instructors were fantastic and I ended up being most improved because I was really really bad the first couple days.
http://www.toocoolmotorcycleschool.com/

Originally posted by skandalouz_08
Bike license isn't that expensive i think it was about 15$ for the mc that a baby could pass and $60 for the road test, you have to provide your own bike for the road test.

Did the price go up? It was $35 for the road test when I took it last year.

Supa Dexta
05-26-2006, 04:10 PM
you know what the course cost 15yrs ago? 70 bux!..
I think it was, I took it near 10 ago and it was 200 then I think..

skandalouz_08
05-28-2006, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by BebeAphrodite

Did the price go up? It was $35 for the road test when I took it last year.

I went through a private place so it was a little more, I'm sure you could get it for around $45 now adays tho. I just didn't want to wait in line for the test, this place got me in the same day I called.