PDA

View Full Version : Angels & Demons Movie

2000_SI
05-24-2006, 03:33 PM
'Da Vinci Code' success sparks 'Angels & Demons' plans
24/05/2006 1:26:17 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the opening weekend success of The Da Vinci Code, producers are set to send another of Dan Brown's novels to the silver screen.

Columbia Pictures said Tuesday that it has plans to turn Brown's first bestseller, Angels & Demons, into a movie.

Oscar-winning screenwriter Akiva Goldman, who adapted Brown's The Da Vinci Code for the current film, has signed on for the new project. Although Brown wrote Angels & Demons first, the upcoming film project is being proposed as a sequel to The Da Vinci Code movie.

In addition to receiving an Oscar for his adapted screenplay for A Beautiful Mind, Goldman's Hollywood writing credits include boxing drama Cinderella Man and the super-hero action flop Batman & Robin.

Published in 2000, Angels & Demons introduced Brown's Harvard professor character, Robert Langdon. Actor Tom Hanks portrayed the crime-solving symbologist in The Da Vinci Code film.

Hanks and Da Vinci Code director Ron Howard have not yet signed on for an Angels & Demons movie, but a Columbia spokesperson told Reuters that the two would be approached first for the project.

The Da Vinci Code received its gala premiere at the Cannes Film Festival and debuted in theatres worldwide last week. Despite being generally panned by critics, the film had the second-best opening weekend ever for a movie premiering around the globe. (The record is held by Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith.)

The Da Vinci Code took in $224 million US worldwide, despite a wave of protests and calls for boycotts against it from religious groups around the globe.

http://entertainment.sympatico.msn.cbc.ca/Home/ContentPosting.aspx?newsitemid=angels-demons-movie&feedname=CBC-ARTS-V2&show=True&number=5&showbyline=True&subtitle=&detect=&abc=abc

Boo for them wanting to make it a sequal instead of a prequal, but it was only a matter of time until this was announced. A&D was the better of the 2 books, so I guess we will have to see how things progress.

rc2002
05-24-2006, 03:49 PM
They should've made that movie only. I've read both books - and Angels and Demons would've made a much better movie. I doubt they'll have much success piggybacking off of Da Vinci code - after seeing that, I'm not going to watch another movie based on a Dan Brown book.

toyboy88
05-24-2006, 04:34 PM
SWEET! I'll see it for sure!

Kamen
05-24-2006, 04:38 PM
I just bought Angels & Demons today, looking forward to a good read. Still haven't see Da Vinci Code yet and not much urge to.

HRD2PLZ
05-24-2006, 04:44 PM
I've read both books and though Angels & Demons was a far better book... Looking forward to the movie :)

Seanith
05-24-2006, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by HRD2PLZ
I've read both books and though Angels & Demons was a far better book... Looking forward to the movie :)

Yeah I agree i thought Angels and Demons was as good or better than the Da Vinci code (which is saying a lot considering how excellent the Da Vinci code was). I have yet to see the D.C though.. maybe this week.

eb0i
05-24-2006, 10:39 PM
^I on the other hand think that the Davinci Code (book) was better than Angels and Demons just because the ending of Angels and Demons was just so far fetched (well to me anyways).

cityhunter2501
05-24-2006, 10:50 PM
damn, now I need to read the book

Wakalimasu
05-24-2006, 11:57 PM
sweet

angels and demons > da vinci code

beecue
05-24-2006, 11:59 PM
sounds good .. going to read book now :)

JAYMEZ
05-25-2006, 05:03 AM
Sounds good , Angels and Demons was defiantly the better book of the two.

Despair*
05-25-2006, 08:29 AM
I'm about 3/4 of the way through Angels and Demons now and I'm really enjoying it so far. I kinda wish I would have read Angels and Demons before the Davinci Code though.

In the above article they mention that "the upcoming film project is being proposed as a sequel to The Davinci Code movie." I don't know what they are planning on doing but Angels and Demons is suppose to be a Prequel to the Davinci Code. I hope they don't plan on changing alot of things.

5abi
05-25-2006, 10:24 AM
yah, i'm reading angels and demons rite now, its one captivating book, i can stay up till 2 reaeding it..well 2ights and i'm 2/3rds teh way in...much better then davinci code, which was an excellent book on its own.

damn this book takes a hold of u...the gf has b'n put on hold.

kaput
05-25-2006, 10:45 AM

beecue
05-25-2006, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by kaput
I just tried borrow it from the library so I tried to put a hold on it and they gave me an estimated available date of the end of november 2007. So don't bother! Its only like $13 anyway.

:eek: ... i was going to call the library .. didnt bother though ... it was $9.75 at walmart ... and everyone says its better than da vinci ... so worth it

snade831
05-26-2006, 01:12 AM
1/3 of the way through, so far so good! :thumbsup:

2000_SI
05-26-2006, 10:28 AM
Yeah I read it twice, and now my gf is reading it.... she got about 2/3 of the way through in like 3 days!:eek:

ProjectR
05-29-2006, 01:11 PM
Angels and Demons would make a better movie than Davinci Code! More action!

5abi
05-29-2006, 01:22 PM
omg who's around page 450 in angels and deamons?

its rite after the climax...woah...i've never seen a movie or read a book where i was so on edge.

kaput
05-29-2006, 02:07 PM

j0m3r
06-01-2006, 04:06 PM
I heard that A&D was a really gory/dark novel... And i wonder if they'd still use Tom Hanks as Robert Langdon