PDA

View Full Version : import "car" from japan as parts

canadiandude
05-24-2006, 07:13 PM
say I was able to get a good friend of mine to dissasemble a Nissan Skyline GTR R34 over in japan into X amount of parts and then ship them seperately back here to Alberta. Then I took it upon myself to build "a car" "from scratch" with these parts. How would one go about registering this car as a fully registered and liscenced car. What tests are involved, is a certain portion of the car needed to be built from scratch and what is "scratch" considered. Or is it just possible to built it all from parts. how many parts and which ones do they have to be seperately in order to consider them parts and not a car.
If you havent noticed already i dont want to wait 7 years to get one of these legally and registered as a skyline. I dont see any of this as being illegal and I dont intend to do anyting illegal. Its just a matter of technicalities I guess.
ANYWAYS. If anyone has any usefull info I would gladly like to hear about it. thanx

Supa Dexta
05-24-2006, 07:15 PM
here we go again,,,,

3G
05-24-2006, 07:16 PM
u can register it as a kit

tsi_neal
05-24-2006, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by 3G
u can register it as a kit

Technically its registered as a "home built" If you are actually serious about this i may be able to get the real information for you. but if your dreaming, then the answer is you MAY be able to get it over and registered as a driveable car but there is a gamble, more work than you can comprehend, and probably 3 times the money you think it will cost.

canadiandude
05-24-2006, 07:33 PM
how much do you think? im plan on haing some engineering/intern money when i get outta school so this isnt a right-away thing but say 1-2 years so i kinda wanna know what im diving into here

canadiandude
05-24-2006, 07:40 PM
im ballparking 90grand is that about right for a VSPEC-II

tsi_neal
05-24-2006, 08:16 PM
my guess on how much is the price of the car, plus a weeks labour for some guy to strip the car, plus shipping of each individual, part plus reassembly, plus all the missing parts, plus all the hoops youll have to jump through here. all for something that in the end you may get denyed. Oh and for all the work and money youll be able to buy a 2008 canadian skyline for less money and probably get to drive it sooner.

canadiandude
05-24-2006, 08:26 PM
haha I thought you might mention the new skyline. i hope they change the body from the prototype cuz no offence it doesnt look that great. but ya ive done a bit of reasearch to know that from my knowledge there is no company like www.motorex.net in canada. and this was the only alterantive i could think of. For example does a car minus an engine count as a part or does it have to be seperate frame, body, suspension drivetrain etc. is there anybody who has succesfully gotten a '99 skyline into canada where it is regitered, or even gotten one into canada at all? driveable? registered? oh how nice it would be to pull up to a red light in the RH drivers seat and get a funny look from the guy at your right :D

Toms-SC
05-24-2006, 08:29 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).