PDA

View Full Version : workout routine (help)

pyro
05-24-2006, 08:26 PM
im trying to figure out a decent routine so far its like this:
MON-chest & Abs/arms (biceps)
TUES-back/shoulders (Deltoids/traps) triceps
WED-Legs/forearms
Thurs-chest & Abs/arms (biceps/triceps)

let me know what u think and what should be changed/ added. im trying to focus a little more on my arms and chest.

Thaco
05-24-2006, 09:02 PM
i think you should take your break on wednesday instead of friday.

kaput
05-24-2006, 09:11 PM

Tyler883
05-24-2006, 11:59 PM
you have 4 days, why not 4 routines?

chest and triceps are similar, I'd either do them on the same day, or space them apart.

do you legs on monday morning - especially if you are in a gym - you'll have good availability of equipment. plus if you wait till the end of the week, you might ruin your weekend. You ever try to go motorcycling or hiking , etc while your legs are still recovering from too many lunges?

back might deserve a day of it's own

forearms are like neck and calves, you might not need to work them directly, depending on their size and condition.

If you can work your abs so well that they feel sore like other muscle groups then I'd only do them once a week.

a leg workout a day after a bicep workout will pump your biceps again, if you are lifting lots of plates. good or bad depending on the situation,

~Leah~
05-25-2006, 02:28 PM
When will guys ever stop trying to build only the aesthetic muscle groups? Fack that's gay.

V6-BoI
05-25-2006, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by ~Leah~
When will guys ever stop trying to build only the aesthetic muscle groups? Fack that's gay.

Don't the girls like that stuff? :confused:

~Leah~
05-25-2006, 03:06 PM
Anyone who works out can see you're in the gym just to try to make yourself look beach pretty. Maybe girls who don't know what exercise is and eat all your money up might like that, but guys that only work their chest and arms and abs are the type everyone makes fun of in the gym.

pyro
05-25-2006, 04:51 PM
well thanx for the help, keep it comming :thumbsup:
and leah just curious what am i missing:
chest- upper/lower pectoral, serratus
Abs- upper/lower, intercostals
back-traps,rhomboids,lats, spinal erectors,obliques
legs-thigh (front,back) tibia, soleus,calf (inner/outer) hamstrings
arms-deltoid (side/front/back) bicep,tricep,forearms,bicep flexors

James
05-25-2006, 06:10 PM
Anyone who works out can see you're in the gym just to try to make yourself look beach pretty. Maybe girls who don't know what exercise is and eat all your money up might like that, but guys that only work their chest and arms and abs are the type everyone makes fun of in the gym.

:werd:.....guys who just work thier chest and biceps arnt realy getting anywhere..... you have to work out every muscle group the same amount, otherwise your not proportional and just look stupid....although pyro is pretty much covering everything,so im not sure if Leah was talking about him?

my normal cycle in simple terms:
Day1: Chest/Triceps/Core
Day2: Back/traps/forearms/Core
Day3: Shoulders/Biceps/Core
Day4:Legs/Core

I do get lazy sometimes and skip Core, but i TRY to do it everyday

kaput
05-25-2006, 07:52 PM

pinoyhero
05-25-2006, 08:05 PM
Here's my split...

Day 1 - Legs
Day 2 - Chest/Abs/Forearms
Day3 - Cardio
Day 4 - Back/Bis
Day 5 - Shoulders/Tris
Day6 - Cardio
Day 7 - Rest
Day 8 - Rest

Big focus on back and shoulders on those days, your arms need very little work compared to larger body parts.

Wildcat
05-25-2006, 08:30 PM

hah, whatever... you did'nt seem too mind!

ecstasy_civic
05-25-2006, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat

hah, whatever... you did'nt seem too mind!

:eek: :rofl: :drama:

I do laugh at some of the guys who come in everyday to work their bi's and tri's:rofl: :rofl:

1-Bar
05-26-2006, 03:51 PM

:rofl: :rofl:

Originally posted by kaput
^What core exercises do you recommend? My abs have always been very weak because I have such a hard time activating them. I just can't seem to find a good exercise that hits them right.

Core group extends beyond just the abs IMO. Your core is the central part of your body and core muscle are all the muscles involved to keep it stable, it includes your 4 ab groups, lower back muscles (erector spinae, quadratus lumborum) and also extends to your hip flexor, abducor, extensor muscles. Working these muscle groups will help increase your strength in bech, squat...etc by giving your better balance and stability.....

Next time your in the gym, try a one-legged squat standing flat side up on a bosu while holding 50lbs dumbelss in each arm :thumbsup: Core stability = nutz

V6-BoI
05-26-2006, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by 1-Bar

Next time your in the gym, try a one-legged squat standing flat side up on a bosu while holding 50lbs dumbelss in each arm :thumbsup: Core stability = nutz

The bosu is a bitch to do squats on. I can barely do squats normaly on a bosu. You can really feel it in your lower back when you try balancing in that thing.

I also saw this one guy, I think he's a trainer at U of C balance on an exercise ball using his knees, and then turn from side to side carrying a medicine ball.

1-Bar
05-26-2006, 05:02 PM
^werd, if your back is hurting, its a sign that you need to strengthen it more (given your technique is good, which I don't doubt)....its funny how exercises point out your strength discrepancies....

Try this: V-sits. Start by sitting on the floor with your legs fully extented and off the floor about 2-3 inches. Next lean back and find the balance point, you should be in a wide v poisition. Next do some crunches, bring your knees to your chest while leaning forward. kinda like someone squishing you from both sides. Do it for 30 secs at a moderate pace.

Some people will find there thighs hurt, others there glutes and others there abs. Whatever is sore is the muscle group that is the weakest :thumbsup:

Back on topic: to the original poster, how long have you been resistance training for? Just starting out for the first the first time in a while? Doing it for several weeks already? Also, what is your experience? Would you be able to do more advanced exercises?

Tyler883
05-26-2006, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic

:eek: :rofl: :drama:

I do laugh at some of the guys who come in everyday to work their bi's and tri's:rofl: :rofl:

those are the same fags that seem to enjoy walking around the locker room in the nude,,,,,,,,,just a wee too much

no pun intended

Wildcat
05-26-2006, 11:58 PM
^no man, those are the senior citizens!! :barf:

pyro
05-28-2006, 10:09 AM
[i]Originally posted by 1-Bar[i/]

Back on topic: to the original poster, how long have you been resistance training for? Just starting out for the first the first time in a while? Doing it for several weeks already? Also, what is your experience? Would you be able to do more advanced exercises?

iv been doing it for about 3 months. my experience level is about intermediate...what kind of advanced exercises would u recomend?

1-Bar
05-31-2006, 05:36 AM
variations of dead-lifts, squats and presses

ie. one leg dead lifts using barbell/free weights/dumbbells; squats along with bicep curls/shoulder press; close grip bench press; wide grip bench press