PDA

View Full Version : Peter Maher inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame.

heavyD
05-25-2006, 08:33 AM
Congrats to Peter who has been the voice of the Flames since day one in Calgary & was awarded the Foster Hewitt memorial award yesterday.:clap: :clap: :clap:

I don't think I am being biased when I says he is by far the best in the business. He can actually make a Flames vs Ducks or Wild game sound exciting. Another credit is his unbiased calling compared to the homers in Buffalo, Tampa, etc. as he calls goals the same no matter what teams scores (04 playoff run key overtime goals aside). I hope other Flames fans fully appreciate how good he is. I don't think I'm the only person that has muted the TV volume and had the Fan 960 going through the speakers and it will be a very sad day in hockey when Peter hangs them up.:(

rony_espana
05-25-2006, 08:40 AM
^:werd:

Yeah its great how he calls all the goals the same, he is by far the best in the business, I have "tried" to listen to others but they just make the game even worse, especially on the radio.

Go Maher Go

jdmakkord
05-25-2006, 08:53 AM
:werd: Ever tried to listen to an oilers game? lol I haven't heard a radio personality that can actually make any game sound exciting like Maher does.

heavyD
05-25-2006, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by jdmakkord
:werd: Ever tried to listen to an oilers game? lol I haven't heard a radio personality that can actually make any game sound exciting like Maher does.

I used to think Phillips was a horrible announcer but after listening to some of the other NHL radio announcers on the internet, he's not that bad it's just everyone pales in comparison to Peter Maher.

sputnik
05-25-2006, 09:58 AM
Peter Maher is awesome. Hopefully Curt Keilback gets the same nod. He is an amazing radio announcer he has been calling the games for the Winnipeg Jets/Phoenix Coyotes for the past 26 years.

http://www.phoenixcoyotes.com/team/staff_details.php?ID=31

nosegrindR
05-25-2006, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by heavyD
Congrats to Peter who has been the voice of the Flames since day one in Calgary & was awarded the Foster Hewitt memorial award yesterday.:clap: :clap: :clap:

I don't think I am being biased when I says he is by far the best in the business. He can actually make a Flames vs Ducks or Wild game sound exciting. Another credit is his unbiased calling compared to the homers in Buffalo, Tampa, etc. as he calls goals the same no matter what teams scores (04 playoff run key overtime goals aside). I hope other Flames fans fully appreciate how good he is. I don't think I'm the only person that has muted the TV volume and had the Fan 960 going through the speakers and it will be a very sad day in hockey when Peter hangs them up.:(

:werd:
:clap: :clap: :clap:

viffer
05-25-2006, 10:13 AM
I was in QC for a few months and had only Fan960.com to follow the Flames, it was almost as good as watching it on TV.

Congrats to Peter :thumbsup:

Nissanaddict
05-25-2006, 10:54 AM
Congrats to Maher! :thumbsup: I switch the sound to fan 960 as long as it syncs rather close...so much more exciting than ANY of the TV guys. :clap: EVERYONE who reads this and is a Maher fan, make a post. We should email a link to the fan once we get a few pages.

Weapon_R
05-25-2006, 11:00 AM
Although it sounds stupid, I was indifferent between watching a game and listening to it on the radio. It was exciting either way, and I wouldn't mind if I was stuck in my car during a game.

Ajay
05-25-2006, 11:06 AM
Good for Peter Maher. I remember one time some friends and I were driving to Lethbridge and we were listening to the game on the radio. We were playing Phoenix and it was in the beginning of the season but the way he calls the game is sooooo intense!

All of us were watching the radio like it was a TV!

Congrats Peter Maher :clap:

l8braker
05-25-2006, 11:13 AM
AWESOME!!!!! :goflames:

2002civic
05-25-2006, 11:27 AM
he is a GREAt announcer:thumbsup: :goflames:

joyridder
05-25-2006, 11:50 AM
:thumbsup: he deserves it that is for sure..

HybridTheory
05-26-2006, 12:25 AM
:clap: That's awesome...he's so much better to listen to than the HNIC announcers. We are very lucky to have him.