www.cineplex.com

takes 1 minute to check

beecue
05-25-2006, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
Don't know but stays for the credit.

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/709/709574p1.html

thx ... matrix was like this

reviews for x3 arent that good .. seems that ratner messed it up .. ah well ... im seeing it\

i think its only playing at midnight at chinook

Xtrema
05-25-2006, 04:59 PM
At worst it's a prolonged episode of Saturday morning cartoon. How bad can it get?

Team_Mclaren
05-26-2006, 03:19 AM
yes there was one and i just came back from it (dont know about calgary but im in van) . Awesome movie i thought, tons of actions!!!

***spoiler *** -------->

holy shit everyone died, story was kinda fucked. :nut:

big mooe
05-26-2006, 08:53 PM
yea i m going tomorrow to watch it should be good

ZEDGE
05-26-2006, 09:53 PM
Just saw it. It was awesome. Fuck the anal movie criticts with thier thumbs up their asses.

And I suggest you stay till after the credits or you will miss something big.

wtf there are no spoiler tags here... :rolleyes:

HAHA at the one scene..

"I AM THE JUGERNAUGHT BITCH!!"

In case your wondering where the reference was from.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3934651591022114445&q=juggernaut+bitch

xrayvsn
05-26-2006, 10:01 PM
:banghead: left as the credits rolled, and missed the big "surprise".

While not the best of the 3 so far, it was still fun to watch. I don't really know what the problem with it was. Hell, you even get to see Rebecca Romijn without the blue makeup.

dave101
05-26-2006, 10:14 PM
just saw it. it was fucking badass. worth every penny. but man was it ever fucked. didnt expect some of that shit. but ya, damnit. i didnt wait till after the credits. what was it?

Kamen
05-26-2006, 10:39 PM
What was after the credits?! I left!!! :eek:

I really liked the beginning, the whole 20 years ago scene was awesome. Movie was good, but the big differences kinda threw me off. Didn't expect any of that.

ZEDGE
05-26-2006, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by dave101
just saw it. it was fucking badass. worth every penny. but man was it ever fucked. didnt expect some of that shit. but ya, damnit. i didnt wait till after the credits. what was it?

Spoiler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont read if you dont want to..

You know the man in hospital that Xavier used as an example of how hard it is to judge the moral boundries of their powers? The guy who was fine in everyway, except he was completely brain dead? And he made the point of if they could transfer a man with a terminals ilness's conciousness into this shell with no brain function. well he woke up and started speaking like Xavier. He obviously transfered his own conciousness into it just before Jean killed him.

:D

Shaolin
05-26-2006, 11:28 PM
FUCK, why wasn't I TOLD OF THIS EARLIER because I left right when the credits started..

I just got home from it.. pretty good movie.. everyone kept dying and shit.

I almost had an instant boner when Mystique was on the ground..

It's too bad they couldn't make Juggernaut bigger, he would've looked cooler if he was like the size of the actual Juggernaut, but that probably would've made him pretty much all CG except the face..

all in all it was a pretty good movie I thought.. I enjoyed it.. theater was packed.

asuth077
05-26-2006, 11:51 PM
I enjoyed it very much. The effects were amazing and over all it was a great watch. I did think that the story kinda lagged behind some of the other ones, it just wasn't as smart.

Wildcat
05-27-2006, 12:02 AM
IM THE JUGGERNAUT BITCH!!!

omfg, i was like "no you did'nt!!" ahaha i shit myself

Kamen
05-27-2006, 12:05 AM
Spoiler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think this is a good movie with X-Men, not a good X-Men movie as too much stuff happeend that was kinda weird.

Who the hell were all those useless mutants? Porcupine asian? That transexual thunderclap Prince wannabe? The girl that has super speed AND can sense everything? WTF bring the original Brotherhood out; Toad, Sabretooth? Where is Gambit and Psylocke and Nightcrawler?

A scene that made me go wtf was after Magneto moved the bridge, it just suddenly went dark in the blink of an eye...

And if the needles had any source of metal couldn't Magneto just stop those instead?

Xavier is big pimpin', rolls up to the Gray residence in a Maybach :bigpimp:

Audio_Rookie
05-27-2006, 12:08 AM
thought it was so so :dunno:

Nothing 2 special. I dont think I saw ANY blood other than the time wolverine got those things enlodged in his stomach and shoulder, and that was very minor.

Some pretty cool scened, but I still say number 1 and 2 were better. Maybe I was just 2 tired to get into it :nut: .

statick
05-27-2006, 12:26 AM
Definitley a good film. Vinnie Jones played Juggernaut very well.

It ends very openly, but as far as I know, they will not make a fourth film, though they will start making movies for each seperate character...Someone care to fill us all in on this?

Audio_Rookie
05-27-2006, 12:29 AM
How can they not make a fourth after magneto moves that king on the chess table with his powers at the end (after he was injected with a "cure" that stripped him of his powers).

that opening screams another X-men film.

Eric G.

Pihsiak
05-27-2006, 12:49 AM
X Men 3 = 24 Season 5

Guessing ppl already saw the movie so......

lol Shadowcat looked 12 years old.
Rouge lost her powers so she could "do it"

Angel was under used.

Storm had a cape!!!!!

Isn't juggernant suppose to be xavier's brother?
ppl gave me weird looks cuz i literally laughed for 3+ mins straight

is spyke that guy throwing shit at wolverine in the forest?

and wolverine = terminator

and i missed the last 30 seconds also

cujo_cjc
05-27-2006, 12:50 AM
Just got back from watching the movie. I liked it. There were some surprising things that happened. And I am so glad I read the article on IGN that said to wait after the credits :clap:

Xtrema
05-27-2006, 12:53 AM
People probably want a 4th but I don't think it'll happen.

****** spoile..... well if you read this far, it's spoiled for your anyway ******

1) Ensemble cast will cost too much. That's why Jean and Scott are killed off and Xavier is possibily replaceable in a new body.

2) All the cool female characters are starting to age too much. Another one won't be anothr 2-3 years so they'll look even worse.

If a 4th can be made, they should get Gambit in. But with the Wolverine and Magneto movies in early stages, 4th X-men probably won't happen unless it gross over $100M this weekend.

As for this film, it's good as a comic book. Not bad as a movie. And definitely won't work if Bryan Singer didn't establish the characters so well in the 1st 2.

Vagabond142
05-27-2006, 01:38 AM
Characters that I saw in the movie... let's play this game :D

----SPOILER LINE----

Apart from the majors (Storm, Wolverine, Dark Phoenix, etc etc etc):

Spike (guy tossing spikes in forest)
Quill (asian porcupine)
Siryn
Legion (credited as "Multiple Man")
Omega Red (in the forest chase)
Gauntlet (forest chase as well)
Calisto
Jubilee (she's at the funeral)
Arclight (Tranny Prince wannabe :P)
Psylocke (she was the one that could move super fast and sense mutants)

Zephyr
05-27-2006, 02:49 AM
pretty good movie, though they did kill of a few major characters.. i didnt know about the credit thing or i would of stayed... that explains why those comic book nerds next to me didn't budge after the credits...

Vagabond142
05-27-2006, 02:49 AM
Oh, and the Snakes on a Plane trailer had the entire theater clapping :D

Zephyr
05-27-2006, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by Vagabond142
Oh, and the Snakes on a Plane trailer had the entire theater clapping :D

i seriously don't get that movie...

and the F&F 3 movie half the theatered booed at it LOL:rofl:

\JCAR/
05-27-2006, 03:08 AM
yeah i went tonight saw the 11:15 show all the others were sold out excepte for this one and the midnight show great story it did follow the comics but one of the charaters died and was'nt supposed to but in the end of the movie they left room for another film wich would be great too see...

all the characters were great excepte for this one dude who looked like price for god sake....and were the hell is gambit i have been waiting forever to see this guy he was supposed to be in the movies way before iceman and night crawler....

but i'd have to give it a 4/5

Kamen
05-27-2006, 09:33 AM
:rofl: Yea that Snakes on a Plane trailer was just wtf, I seriously can't believe it.
It's like some eccentric joke.

Another thing that changed was Wolverine's healing speed...I don't think he was supposed to heal instantly...especially in the end how he was getting stripped away layer by layer but regenerating it so fast, what was up with that? Shouldn't he have been blown away like the other guys?

Also, need some help from you keeners out there, is it true that Magneto can't break Wolverine's adamantium so he can only like stop him and stuff but not strip the adamantium off his bones or kill him? My friend said the adamantium is like indestructible so that's why Magneto never kills Wolverine even though he had like 5 chances. But I seem to remember an image of Magneto just pwining the hell out of Wolverine by extracting his skeleton.

-edit-
nevermind, Wikipedia saves the day :D

Kamen
05-27-2006, 09:47 AM
Characters that I saw in the movie... let's play this game :D

----SPOILER LINE----

Apart from the majors (Storm, Wolverine, Dark Phoenix, etc etc etc):

Spike (guy tossing spikes in forest)
Quill (asian porcupine)
Psylocke (she was the one that could move super fast and sense mutants)

Actually, according to IMDB:
Kid Omega = porcupine asian
and Callisto was the one with super speed and the ability to sense mutants.

I can't believe Jubilee, Psylocke, and Omega Red were in this movie but nobody could even notice since they had to chance to do nothing....damn even the porcupine useless guy did more.
This movie was so off the comics it gets bad if you think about it too much lol

\JCAR/
05-27-2006, 11:17 AM
yeah no kidding kind of a downer but they left room for another so i cant wait the next one will probally have apocolypse init and angel will become arch angle

oh and the prince character i found what move he /she was doing the whole time "purple rain"

Idratherbsidewayz
05-27-2006, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Audio_Rookie
How can they not make a fourth after magneto moves that king on the chess table with his powers at the end (after he was injected with a "cure" that stripped him of his powers).

WTF!?!?!

How the hell did I not notice that he moved it. I thoguht it was a depressing scene where he sits there and realizes hes powerless...

I can't belive no one mentioned this, but, Archangel... Was he not the GAYEST thing to ever hit these movies? The way he got up in the building and flexed all gay, then gayran and did a gay swandive out the window. I couldn't stop laughing.

Also, WTF is with blowfish dude getting one of the biggest magneto brotherhood parts? Hands down it shouldve been sabretooth.

Whoever is complaining about the Juggernaut not being huge, I don't really know what you're talking about. Vinnie Jones was JACKED. Each one of his abs was about 8x10 inches....

All in all, I liked the movie. There were some pretty sexy scenes. Like the Jean Grey/Wolverine scene at the beginning.

teknical
05-27-2006, 11:23 AM
so can someone explain what happens after the credits? does xavier just transfer his mind into that one guys body?

dave101
05-27-2006, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by ZEDGE

You know the man in hospital that Xavier used as an example of how hard it is to judge the moral boundries of their powers? The guy who was fine in everyway, except he was completely brain dead? And he made the point of if they could transfer a man with a terminals ilness's conciousness into this shell with no brain function. well he woke up and started speaking like Xavier. He obviously transfered his own conciousness into it just before Jean killed him.

:D

403Gemini
05-27-2006, 11:51 AM
angel has always been a gayish character... least till he turns into archangel :devil:

Vagabond142
05-27-2006, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Idratherbsidewayz

Whoever is complaining about the Juggernaut not being huge, I don't really know what you're talking about. Vinnie Jones was JACKED. Each one of his abs was about 8x10 inches....

You do know he was wearing a prosthetic suit over his entire upper body, right? :D

Also... I love Beast's line: "At least you don't shed on the furniture" :rofl:

A character feud that I want to see in the next movie is the White Queen vs the Black Queen (in the comics, once white queen goes good, there are some DAMNED good battles in there). Also, for the next movie, USE THE SENTINELS MORE!!!!!! :guns: :guns:

Vagabond142
05-27-2006, 01:57 PM
I made a boo-boo.... Psylocke is NOT the superfast mutant that can sense others...I went through my *ahem* downloaded *ahem* X-Men comics and found that it is Calisto that is the superfast mutant-senser.... but... that fucks with continuity as Calisto is a neutral and leader of the Morlocks after losing a leadership battle with Storm and then being left as the caretaker of the Morlocks.... o_O my heeeeaaadddddddd >_<

Kamen
05-27-2006, 02:09 PM
Yup this movie deviates from the comics a lot.
Also I think Leech was part of the Morlocks as well?

Anyone catch the Stan Lee cameo as the gardener? hehe

Vagabond142
05-27-2006, 02:26 PM
^^^^ Who COULDN'T? hehe he had the full frame to himself for like 10 seconds :P

Pihsiak
05-27-2006, 07:45 PM
Was anyone impressed by the un-aging software they used on Picard and Magneto in the begining when they went to go visit Jean Grey?

Ian MacKeine wants to use the same technology and star in the Magneto movie....

:thumbsup: to Vinnie Jones

and btw Cycolps is a whiny bitch. He never had a big part in X-men 1 and 2, and he didn't have a big part in X-men 3

Kamen
05-27-2006, 10:49 PM
Ian McKellen?

Yea I was really impressed by the beginning it totally psyched me up for the rest of the movie.

statick
05-27-2006, 11:32 PM
Actually, I was quite dissapointed by that technology they used in the beggining.

I think it would have been a better movie is Bryan Singer directed it. Then it wouldn't be so fast paced and there would be mroe emphasis on plot. However, I think Ratner's style appeals to teh general public a little more.

Xtrema
05-28-2006, 12:17 AM
Yeah, that technology sounds good on premise but didn't really deliver. Looks too fake. It almost like both of them are on botox.

I think Bryan and he's writer would spend more time on developing the plot and won't bring some many characters in. But in the end, 3 is still pretty good popcorn movie. Especially if you don't care about the comics.

beecue
05-28-2006, 12:31 AM
that bald healing kid and the kitty girl look like twins haha ... how can magneto still have some of his power left .. he got stabbed with 4 of those things .. also how can magneto have his own movie .. whos going the play the good guy ? ... i hope there is a 4th movie .. with gambit and jubilee

Foz
05-28-2006, 12:46 AM
Best part of the movie was..

"Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut Bitch!"

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/4716/juggernaut3mu.jpg

:rofl:

Kamen
05-28-2006, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by beecue
.. also how can magneto have his own movie .. whos going the play the good guy ? ... i hope there is a 4th movie .. with gambit and jubilee

The movie Magneto will be about his past where he takes revenge on the Nazis that killed his family during the holocaust. Sounds good to me.
Magneto is arguably one of the most morally complex supervillain characters which will give this movie a good feel.

beecue
05-28-2006, 01:01 AM
^^ sounds good .. i would rather see a 4th more .. since magneto is able to get his power back with 4 shots ... i guess rogue will be able to heal too and anyone else who took the shot ... the professor is still alive .. and maybe cyclops is too .. they never showed him dying

natejj
05-28-2006, 02:16 AM
The movie was terrible. Lines were super predictable, and the movie was predictable.

It was entertaining, but plot holes big enough for me to drive my sundance through.

l/l/rX
05-28-2006, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by Kamen
Spoiler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think this is a good movie with X-Men, not a good X-Men movie as too much stuff happeend that was kinda weird.

Who the hell were all those useless mutants? Porcupine asian? That transexual thunderclap Prince wannabe? The girl that has super speed AND can sense everything? WTF bring the original Brotherhood out; Toad, Sabretooth? Where is Gambit and Psylocke and Nightcrawler?

A scene that made me go wtf was after Magneto moved the bridge, it just suddenly went dark in the blink of an eye...

And if the needles had any source of metal couldn't Magneto just stop those instead?

Xavier is big pimpin', rolls up to the Gray residence in a Maybach :bigpimp:

i agree with this.

saw it tonite i thought it was not bad.

but yes...who are all those useless mutants? where are the original people!?!

and like at the end when wolverine stabbed jean...why couldnt he just stab her with a needle soo that she would just turn into a normal human instead of killing her?

sooo is this the last x-men movie er what?

haha and that snakes on planes trailer. its just like eh...riiiiiiight.
soo dumb. i can already see 2 thumbs down.

\JCAR/
05-28-2006, 12:27 PM
cant wait to see if they actually do a 4th movie but i have been doing some research and it seems that they will be doing a wolveren movie wich will be awsome cause the wolveren/sabertooth fight sceen in the first movie was awsome plus we all want to know about his fast in full not little parts....

oh and as for the question about magneto not being able to kill wolerverien he cant kill him but so heres the scoop on that though

The most catastrophic event in Logan's life since the addition of his adamantium came in X-Men #25, when the metal was removed forcibly by Magneto. After recovering, Wolverine discovered that his claws were actually made of bone and only had been coated with adamantium. Through further research, it was shown that Wolverine's mutant genes allowed the adamantium-bonding process to be successful. It also was shown that the adamantium actually retarded Wolverine's mutation. Without it, he had begun to mutate to a more feral state...

(See Pic Below)
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/deven2001/untitled.jpg

403Gemini
05-28-2006, 12:33 PM
There was almost NO quality screen time of the characters. very little character development, especially juggernaut who is surprisingly, a very complex character. (And yes hes charles half brother)

Cyclops died to fast. whiny bitch? Yup, but guess what, hes one of the fuckin leaders of xmen and him and wolverines banters is what makes him such a fun character.

Jcar, id say the NEXT most catastrophic event in logans life is when the hulk ripped him in half and threw his lower body and upper body in seperate directions lol

http://www.themepsp.com/albums/userpics/Hulk%20vs%20Wolverine.jpg

it was pretty crazy cause he started regenerating without his legs :eek:

http://tinypic.com/iw1bae.jpg

Kamen
05-28-2006, 12:40 PM
holy shit :eek:
Anyone got the comics I can read?!

beecue
05-28-2006, 12:56 PM
http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/ap/20060528/114884592000.html

107 mil :eek: ... there better be a 4th one :D

Vagabond142
05-28-2006, 01:11 PM
Kamen:

I have the entire "Age of Apocalypse" series as well as Ultimate X-Men 1-60 on my computer :D

Age of Apocalypse deals with the alternate reality where Xavier is killed by his future son, sets a parallel universe in motion where Magneto leads the X-Men (o_O) and is married to Rogue (O_O!!). It also features Apocalypse (duh) and some of the best comic book battle scenes ever drawn

Ultimate X-Men is the reinvention of the X-Men for the "modern audience" and it is DAMNED good. The art is incredible, great pace, and lots of battles.

If you want em, just gimme a PM :) Also, the three X-Men movies are based off of Ultimate X-Men, X-Treme X-Men (much better than it sounds), and a little bit of creative input from Stan Lee.

Hollywood
05-28-2006, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Pihsiak
Was anyone impressed by the un-aging software they used on Picard and Magneto in the begining when they went to go visit Jean Grey?

Ian MacKeine wants to use the same technology and star in the Magneto movie....

:thumbsup: to Vinnie Jones

and btw Cycolps is a whiny bitch. He never had a big part in X-men 1 and 2, and he didn't have a big part in X-men 3

Ya I really noticed how young they made magneto look in that scene. I loved the movie its the best one out of all them, lots of action. I was surprised that magneto ditched mystique when she lost her powers does not seem like his character since the rescue each other 1 miiilon times in the other movies. It was also cool when Iceman got into full ice mode.

There was 1 bad mutant that I was curious to who it was, he caughed this cinder smoke on 2 of the soilders in the big battle and the soilders desintergrated into a firery ash/smoke. That was cool.

saiyajin
05-28-2006, 01:34 PM
here's what was after the credits for those that missed it!! :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bogAgn0rslU&feature=Views&page=2&t=t&f=b

liquidboi69
05-28-2006, 01:41 PM
They announced that it was gonna be the last X-men. When they planned sequals for Xmen 1, they only planned for it to be a 3 movie thing. They didn't want it to be a huge series they said.

\JCAR/
05-28-2006, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by liquidboi69
They announced that it was gonna be the last X-men. When they planned sequals for Xmen 1, they only planned for it to be a 3 movie thing. They didn't want it to be a huge series they said.

well they should make more and longe a 3 hr xmen 4 movie i would deffently go see

Vagabond142
05-28-2006, 03:26 PM
Well, they're making a Magneto movie, a Wolverine movie, and there are hints at making a Rogue movie (like when she's older and more experience) which will have GAMBIT (finally!). But so far, it's just hints at the Rogue movie. And if it's gonna be rogue, they have to do the big-hair mid-80's style :D :D

l/l/rX
05-28-2006, 03:36 PM
Kamen:

I have the entire &quot;Age of Apocalypse&quot; series as well as Ultimate X-Men 1-60 on my computer :D

Age of Apocalypse deals with the alternate reality where Xavier is killed by his future son, sets a parallel universe in motion where Magneto leads the X-Men (o_O) and is married to Rogue (O_O!!). It also features Apocalypse (duh) and some of the best comic book battle scenes ever drawn

Ultimate X-Men is the reinvention of the X-Men for the &quot;modern audience&quot; and it is DAMNED good. The art is incredible, great pace, and lots of battles.

If you want em, just gimme a PM :) Also, the three X-Men movies are based off of Ultimate X-Men, X-Treme X-Men (much better than it sounds), and a little bit of creative input from Stan Lee.

um um...would you mind sending those to me also? =D! plz.

D'z Nutz
05-28-2006, 05:08 PM

Legion (credited as &quot;Multiple Man&quot;)

Jamie Maddox IS the multiple man.

If the comatose guy in the hospital was Moira MacTaggert's son (with Prof X), that would've been Legion.

Age of Apocalypse deals with the alternate reality where Xavier is killed by his future son, sets a parallel universe in motion where Magneto leads the X-Men...

Actually in the regular story of X-men, Magneto was the leader of the X-men for a time, so that idea wasn't completely odd. This was way back in the early Uncanny X-men ~#100 period though.

Vagabond142
05-28-2006, 06:28 PM
Nutz: Xaviers son with Moira was Proteus, not Legion... o_O

403Gemini
05-28-2006, 06:59 PM
vagabond, ftp those comics ;)

Hollywood
05-28-2006, 08:03 PM

PWN3D!!! Comic nerd style yo!

Vagabond142
05-28-2006, 08:37 PM
Well, I am a walking encyclopedia of useless facts :D

Like, for example, the X-Men animated series in the 90's wasn't the first X-Men animated project? There was an original pilot made in 1988 called "Pryde of the X-Men" featuring an AUSTRALIAN Wolverine o_O and various other weirdings.

Also, the X-Men movie earlier this decade was NOT the first X-Men movie made. There was one made way back in the early 90's based off the animated series, but it never went beyond wrapping before being canned. So out there, there is a vault with several spools of film containing the first X-Men movie. If it was canned before reaching editing, however, it musta been horrible.

:bigpimp:

Also, I should clarify that both Proteus and Legion are Xavier's sons, but Legion was with Gabrielle Haller, not Moira McTaggart. So:

Moira + Charles -> Proteus
Gabrielle + Charles -> Legion

D'z Nutz
05-28-2006, 08:45 PM

Ah shit, you're right! I remember now. It's been well over 10 years since I've bought a comic book. Damn, I'm getting old! Haha!

Seanith
05-28-2006, 09:38 PM
So was Stan Lee that old dude on Jean's street that had his hose water going vertical?

b_t
05-28-2006, 10:25 PM
I thought this movie was entirely awesome. Killed that whiner Cyclops, and the Beast got appointed UN delegate, and all kinds of cool stuff, but it also had a few problems - what the hell happened to nightcrawler? there was zero mention of him. Colossus had no lines, and he is a big badass, I thought that him and Juggernaut would have slugged it out.. uhmm there were other things. My biggest beef is it has the stupid "comic syndrome" where it doesn't have a definitive ending. How the hell did magneto get some of his power back? What happens next... blah blah blah...

\JCAR/
05-29-2006, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by b_t
I thought this movie was entirely awesome. Killed that whiner Cyclops, and the Beast got appointed UN delegate, and all kinds of cool stuff, but it also had a few problems - what the hell happened to nightcrawler? there was zero mention of him. Colossus had no lines, and he is a big badass, I thought that him and Juggernaut would have slugged it out.. uhmm there were other things. My biggest beef is it has the stupid &quot;comic syndrome&quot; where it doesn't have a definitive ending. How the hell did magneto get some of his power back? What happens next... blah blah blah...

magneto is the all mighty..actually i beleve even back in the early tv show he lose's his powers the same way but the "cure" was'nt perfect it just water'd down his ability's over time he gains them back cause there is a episode were he was trying to move a huge gerder beam and lunge it toward a sentinel and he had a hell of a time.....actually now that you mention it rouge lost her powers as well in the tv show...but her ability's were soo unstable after the injection of the "cure" she had no mutant powers at all but they came back but she was able to controll them and fly????

correct me if i'm wrong

euro.roma
05-29-2006, 07:24 AM
ok not gonna read all these cuz i wanna c wut happens after credits and yea dont wanna read it...... any i did read on comment here that says weres nightcrawler..... u have to play the game that just came out on XBOx were u can be like iceman, wolverine, nightcrawler, and someone else. Anyone the game is based between the second movie and this one. So if u play as nightcrawler u will c y his not in the last movie.

sry if its already been posted, if u wanna know y play 8 hours of x-men lol and find out.

cheers.

HoisinSauce
05-29-2006, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by euro.roma
ok not gonna read all these cuz i wanna c wut happens after credits and yea dont wanna read it...... any i did read on comment here that says weres nightcrawler..... u have to play the game that just came out on XBOx were u can be like iceman, wolverine, nightcrawler, and someone else. Anyone the game is based between the second movie and this one. So if u play as nightcrawler u will c y his not in the last movie.

sry if its already been posted, if u wanna know y play 8 hours of x-men lol and find out.

cheers.

....:english:

sputnik
05-29-2006, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by l/l/rX

but yes...who are all those useless mutants? where are the original people!?!

In the original comic series (I have X-Men #1) it is the following cast...

- Professor X
- Marvel Girl (Gene Grey)
- Cyclops
- Angel
- Iceman

ProjectR
05-29-2006, 09:03 AM
dissapointing! that's all I have to say!

bebejc
05-29-2006, 02:22 PM
:rofl: Yea that Snakes on a Plane trailer was just wtf, I seriously can't believe it.
It's like some eccentric joke.

Another thing that changed was Wolverine's healing speed...I don't think he was supposed to heal instantly...especially in the end how he was getting stripped away layer by layer but regenerating it so fast, what was up with that? Shouldn't he have been blown away like the other guys?

Also, need some help from you keeners out there, is it true that Magneto can't break Wolverine's adamantium so he can only like stop him and stuff but not strip the adamantium off his bones or kill him? My friend said the adamantium is like indestructible so that's why Magneto never kills Wolverine even though he had like 5 chances. But I seem to remember an image of Magneto just pwining the hell out of Wolverine by extracting his skeleton.

-edit-
nevermind, Wikipedia saves the day :D

Yeah Magneto DOES own him and then Xavier gets PISSED OFF

gen2teggy
05-29-2006, 02:26 PM
the movie sucked,
everyone gets there power back
and 2 x-men die

n thats it

Wildcat
05-29-2006, 03:36 PM
man, they need to do a movie with onslaught, that would stomp some serious ass.

HoisinSauce
05-29-2006, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Foz
Best part of the movie was..

&quot;Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut Bitch!&quot;

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/4716/juggernaut3mu.jpg

:rofl:

i was waiting for him to say that when magneto released him :rofl:

403Gemini
05-29-2006, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat
man, they need to do a movie with onslaught, that would stomp some serious ass.

FULLY agree

Originally posted by \JCAR/

magneto is the all mighty..actually i beleve even back in the early tv show he lose's his powers the same way but the &quot;cure&quot; was'nt perfect it just water'd down his ability's over time he gains them back cause there is a episode were he was trying to move a huge gerder beam and lunge it toward a sentinel and he had a hell of a time.....actually now that you mention it rouge lost her powers as well in the tv show...but her ability's were soo unstable after the injection of the &quot;cure&quot; she had no mutant powers at all but they came back but she was able to controll them and fly????

correct me if i'm wrong

nope, rogue absorbed ms marvel (not jean grey) powers so long that it became permanent (her flight)

i forget who she aborbs to gain her super strength

stevieo
05-29-2006, 06:25 PM
did rogue not get her super strength from ms.marvel as well?

thats what i remebered.

l/l/rX
05-29-2006, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

In the original comic series (I have X-Men #1) it is the following cast...

- Professor X
- Marvel Girl (Gene Grey)
- Cyclops
- Angel
- Iceman

k well another question that has not been answered.

why couldnt wolverine just stab gene grey with those needles and just turn her into a normal person instead of killing her?

Vagabond142
05-29-2006, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by stevieo
did rogue not get her super strength from ms.marvel as well?

thats what i remebered.

[Geek machine on] *beep beep boooop*

OOOOOOOOOOkkkaaayyy the history of Rogue's powers!

Rogue was under the influence of her adoptive mother and grandmother (Mystique and someone else I can't remember) and was actually a fairly bad little girl for some time. At one point, she fought Ms Marvel and slapped both hands on either side of Ms Marvel's face, and held them there. She absorbed memories, powers and such until she pretty much owned everything that was ever Ms Marvel's.

At this point, with Ms Marvel's memories, she saw the evil of her ways and became good, with super strength, flight and a seventh sense ESP thing which was rarely if ever used in the comics. She had these powers for a VERY long time, but when she and Gambit were both near death on an astral plane, she gave up all her powers in a last ditch attempt to save their lives, which worked. Essentially, Rogue and Gambit were depowered.

However, due to his resilience and a little help from Professor X, Gambit regained his powers. Now, what happens next for Rogue depends on the storyline you follow. In X-Treme X-Men she remains depowered and lives in a human/mutant "hybrid" community. In Uncanny X-Men, she regains her powers but has lost all previously absorbed powers. In Ultimate X-Men, that entire storyline never happened and she has never encountered Ms Marvel. So you see how it can be easily confused what happens where. But the general consensus that all the X-series come to is that Rogue regains her powers but has lost all previously absorbed powers and memories.

[/geek machine off]

lush
05-29-2006, 09:48 PM
They should have casted Brock Lestner (WWE) for Juggernaut. Vinnie Jones has the better voice tho.

Stan Lee seems to do cameos in all the marvel movies.

Did a good job with "The Beast".

403Gemini
05-29-2006, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by l/l/rX

k well another question that has not been answered.

why couldnt wolverine just stab gene grey with those needles and just turn her into a normal person instead of killing her?

obviously you didnt see the waves of energy ripping wolverines skin off. she was destroying matter and ripping apart the very laws of physics of everything around her. you think a hand full of needles could have sustained that?

ProjectR
05-29-2006, 10:12 PM
^^ haha nicely put...funny how she just stood there as she ripped shit up but ended up getting stabbed...how simple!

mutant vs. getting stabbed = game over!

403Gemini
05-29-2006, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by ProjectR
^^ haha nicely put...funny how she just stood there as she ripped shit up but ended up getting stabbed...how simple!

mutant vs. getting stabbed = game over!

its cause wolverine is marvels poster boy. nothing bad can happen to him that he cant get out of!

magneto rips out his skeleton, he gets ... BONE CLAWS!

hulk rips him apart, he crawls back to his body. yea cause 4 miles isnt that far in a blizzard.

honestly i wolverine as a character, but i hate how everything xmen or marvel universe wolverine ALWAYS survives.

Kamen
05-30-2006, 12:13 AM
Vagabond clean out your pm and send me the comics! :thumbsup: :D

Vagabond142
05-30-2006, 06:05 AM
Kamen, actually everyone who wants the comics, I'll probably be at the meet tomorrow. I am starting to feel a little under the weather, so it'll probably only be from like 7:30-8. I hate being stuffed up, causes sinus headaches :thumbsdow

Kamen
05-30-2006, 07:44 AM
But I'm not in Calgary :cry:
I'll wait till you get better ;)

b_t
05-30-2006, 05:15 PM
Kamen, actually everyone who wants the comics, I'll probably be at the meet tomorrow. I am starting to feel a little under the weather, so it'll probably only be from like 7:30-8. I hate being stuffed up, causes sinus headaches :thumbsdow

I am totally goin to try and come. how many copies are you burning?? :D bring a laptop and I'll bring CDs

Vagabond142
05-30-2006, 06:31 PM
I'll burn... hmmm... seems there's enough interest for 7 CD's or so. They'll be both RAR (Ultimate X-Men) and zipped (Age of Apocalypse). Keep in mind, tho, that AoA has something like 8 different series represented, and has to be read in a specific order. :)

b_t
05-30-2006, 07:07 PM
my next question is, do these two series have definite endings with an overarching story is it that wack comic thing where all this unrelated shit happens for 600 issues?

Vagabond142
05-30-2006, 07:15 PM
b_t: AoA is a full arc. It's its own definitive series, with a start (X-Men Alpha) and an end (X-Men Omega). Ultimate X-Men is a continuing serial, it's up to #76 now I think, I can't find them on bittorrent, but there will probably be a 61-80 pack out there someday soon

Kamen
05-30-2006, 08:29 PM
Anyone want to mail me a copy? :)

Seanith
05-30-2006, 08:50 PM
Anyone want to mail me a copy? :)

I'm sure its going to be huge man lol

b_t
05-30-2006, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Seanith

I'm sure its going to be huge man lol

1.4gb I'm told :D

well I'm comin to the beyond meet tomorrow :D

Seanith
05-30-2006, 09:10 PM
haha like i thought... my bad though, i thought kamen said "email it" for a second :rofl:

Vagabond142
05-30-2006, 10:17 PM
I wish I had a server to dump this all on and people could FTP it down :P I'm also getting the ENTIRE Uncanny X-Men run (about 6 GB's worth of comics)

b_t
05-30-2006, 10:23 PM
I wish I had a server to dump this all on and people could FTP it down :P I'm also getting the ENTIRE Uncanny X-Men run (about 6 GB's worth of comics)

bittorrent FTW

Vagabond142
05-30-2006, 10:37 PM
How you think I'm getting everything? :angel:

Pihsiak
05-30-2006, 10:58 PM
... comics?

I want some... to bad I work

schurchill39
05-31-2006, 07:21 PM
Well for not being a very big X-Men fan and just knowing the sheer basics, I thought the movie was excellent. I was saying "Dont you know who I am, I'm the juggernaut bitch" on the way to the movie and my friend had no clue what i was talking about. I thought that and "At lead you dont shed on furniture" were the funniest parts of the movie. I thought it was really well done so that it appealled to the general public as well as some of the fans. The ending and after credit scene definitly leave you in a state of "WTF?".

The only big screw up that I noticed was in the bridge scene, like some one has already mentioned, it was light then suddenly its dark. Did they decided to have a BBQ before blowing the fuck out of Alkatraz or what?

Screw the bad reviews I thought it was awesome.