PDA

View Full Version : THE RULES...*rant*

EK 2.0
05-25-2006, 10:49 PM
It seems that users are either forgetting the rules, or have read them and are just ignoring them. It's getting to a point in the marketplace I have noticed at least that almost EVERY other post is deleted by a mod for breaking the rules. Either because of off topic posting, excessive bumping, or users who do not have any intention of purchasing saying something like "Hot ride, free bump." If you have seen 20 other posts get nuked...then WHY on earth would you post something up that has NOTHING to do with anything in that thread??

There are links to the rules all over beyond, a few of us mods/admin have them in our sigs *see below*, and they are found elsewhere. Like when we delete a post there is a link as to what they are. But to further assist you all, I am gonna not only tell you ALL to click my sig for the direct rules page...BUT post them up in this thread as to make it a lil easier for ALL of you.

And before all the bickering starts, YES I KNOW mods/admin do break the rules sometimes, and I am not defending or excusing any of our actions. But we as a moderating team are fairly laid-back when it comes to forum matters. it's the repeat offenders that get us. So consider this a warning of sorts. And thank you all for using beyond.ca.

General Forum Rules
Personal Attacks will NOT be tolerated
No racist, sexist, hateful, threatening, obscene, or otherwise rude remarks
Posting is a privilege, and not your right.
"Vigilante Moderating" will not be tolerated
Replying to offensive/flammatory posts makes you just as guilty
If you have nothing to contribute to a discussion, don't post
Do not cross-post threads. One thread is enough
The "Ask Leo" forum is mostly unmoderated. Offensive content may be found in there, read at your own risk.
Don't be annoying, respect your fellow members. Annoying everyone is enough of a reason to get yourself banned.
Discussion of piracy, and other illegal activities will not be tolerated

Marketplace Rules (strictly enforced)
Private Sales and Paid Sponsors Only! If you are a business, buy a banner. We offer VERY affordable advertising rates
"private sales" would mean selling personal items and not selling wholesale goods "privately" to 30 customers
Start For Sale threads with "FS:" and Want to Buy threads with "WTB:"
Do not sell your stolen goods on beyond.ca. If we find out, we will forward your information to the proper authorities
All new in box items, or items sold as "NEW" must have a 'proof of purchase' provided.
Ads for Cellphones or Cellular PDA's must contain exact proven lifetimer information.
Do not post if your post has nothing to do with the item
Do not post if you have no intention of buying the item at the time of your post
Do not take over another users thread. If you are selling something, start your own thread
ALL items for sale *MUST* have an asking price or the thread will be deleted
Auction type sales are not permitted, see above.
Event Tickets must not be sold for more than face value. Complimentary (COMP) tickets must be sold at or below the lowest priced tickets for the same event. Tickets must be listed and sold by itself.
Post only one thread for your item
If your see a price that's too high, don't go and bitch out the seller. The thread will die eventually because nobody would want to buy 'em.
"feeler threads" are not permitted, it is either for sale or it is not
Excessive bumping will result in a closed thread (once a week TOPS).
"bump" type posts are to be separated by at least ONE "non-bump" type post
GROUP BUYS are only permitted after authorization from an admin
KEEP IT CLEAN! If you want to bitch at a seller or buyer (or anyone), TAKE IT TO PM. That's what it's there for. Don't clutter up the threads!

and that is the end of my rant. Thank you all for taking the time to read it...

FiveFreshFish
05-26-2006, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0
It seems that users are either forgetting the rules, or have read them and are just ignoring them. It's getting to a point in the marketplace I have noticed at least that almost EVERY other post is deleted by a mod for breaking the rules. Either because of off topic posting, excessive bumping, or users who do not have any intention of purchasing saying something like "Hot ride, free bump." If you have seen 20 other posts get nuked...then WHY on earth would you post something up that has NOTHING to do with anything in that thread??

It seems like a lot have never even read the rules.

Removing a post cleans up the seller's thread but it does nothing as a deterrent when the offender's User's Rating isn't adjusted for transgressions. I see so many repeat offenders that are still at 100%.

A mod should have the option to reduce the User Rating accordingly and have it reflected in the post removal message.

Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned). You have lost 10% of your User Rating as a result of this offence.

M_K_3
05-26-2006, 09:32 PM
yeah i gotta stop doin those " hot ride " things

D'z Nutz
05-26-2006, 09:51 PM
Time to start firing at will.... :guns:

M_K_3
05-26-2006, 09:53 PM
^ what did will ever do to u :( LOL kidding, i think u guys should send pms to who ever does stupid things :)

BerserkerCatSplat
05-26-2006, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by M_K_3
i think u guys should send pms to who ever does stupid things :)

LOL, that would be a fulltime job... :rofl:

M_K_3
05-26-2006, 10:14 PM
lol ill take that job :) MAKE ME A MOD :)

EK 2.0
05-27-2006, 01:37 AM
^ what did will ever do to u :( LOL kidding, i think u guys should send pms to who ever does stupid things :)

Why should we have to send PM's??...

To warn you??..how about you take a look at your nuked post and consider that a warning??

googe
05-27-2006, 01:48 AM
bump for a hot post

/////AMG
05-27-2006, 02:49 AM
If Beyond need more mods... I'm here :)

Zephyr
05-27-2006, 02:54 AM

i think our pm boxes would constantly max out because of the sent box

and also i get annoyed by all the personal issues people seem to flame at one another publically on random threads. if you have beef with someone else on the forum, take it through pm, we don't need to see your bitching and ruining the threads.

DeeK
05-27-2006, 12:44 PM
I'd like to see all the "Spotted" threads without pictures, get deleted.

I spotted a sunfire last night, it was yellow. Somwhere in Calgary. uhhhh...

dub_c
05-27-2006, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by DeeK
I'd like to see all the "Spotted" threads without pictures, get deleted.

I spotted a sunfire last night, it was yellow. Somwhere in Calgary. uhhhh...

Im with this guy.

WWJAI
05-28-2006, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

It seems like a lot have never even read the rules.

Removing a post cleans up the seller's thread but it does nothing as a deterrent when the offender's User's Rating isn't adjusted for transgressions. I see so many repeat offenders that are still at 100%.

A mod should have the option to reduce the User Rating accordingly and have it reflected in the post removal message.

:werd: I'm at 99% and I don't even understand why. While I see so many other ppl posting useless comments that always get deleted yet their still at 100%.