PDA

View Full Version : LF: Good Cellular Store in Calgary

lewdvig
05-27-2006, 09:44 AM
Does anyone know if there is a store in Calgary with a selection of unlocked, unbranded phones?

It seems like every city has at least one - but I have never seen one in Calgary.

Also, has anyone dealt with Pure Mobile? They seem to be online online only, are they for real?

shortyshorty
05-27-2006, 10:48 AM
Product from puremobile is great, and their prices are pretty good since the phones are mostly landed in Canada already...

Theres not much for phones in calgary, but they have a decent cell phone stand in market mall with a mediocre selection of unlocked stuff. Theres also a little fido shop upstairs in Dragon city chinatown that usually has some specials on unlocked stuff...and theyre good for cheap accessories too btw

lewdvig
05-27-2006, 12:42 PM
Thanks!

I called and emailed Pure and they never replied. Do they have a store? Maybe they are mon-fri only.

dragonone
05-28-2006, 12:49 AM
stand in marketmall and dragon city/new asia places are WAY overpriced
you can get canadian stores online for a lot less than those prices
if warranty's your question i can tell you that most stores offer their own one yr warranty (which they would have no idea how to fix since they bring it from overseas anyways), and many have had problems w/ those policies
hence, it wouldn't be that big of a risk to buy from a reputable online retailer, because you'd be getting the same kind of warranty

check out howard forums for more in depth reviews of stores, services, and buying phones from overseas