PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Night Fire **(pics)**

Kona9
05-27-2006, 11:34 AM
Wednesday morning at about 3:20 am we were awoken by sirens and the chillingly close sound of airbrakes. I woke up to see what was happening, and once I got to my patio, I noticed the section of our complex behind our condo was on fire!

Tuesday evening we purchased a new natural gas BBQ. Ironically a unattended BBQ was what caused the fire, and unfortunately we may have to sell/return ours as they may be banned from the complex. Our patio is sizeabe and we may luck out.

My truck was parked right beside the building on fire. (right beside the first garage door in the pic. Unfortunately as the police evacuated us, they would not allow me to move the truck. Nothing ended up happening to the truck or our place, but we were a little too close for comfort. I truly feel for the couples that lost their homes, and the people that may be out for up to a year.

I didnt have to go to work the next day as the fire tape was tied to my truck and it blocked off our garage. YAY. Highly unfortunate, but human error is the cause.

Kona9
05-27-2006, 11:35 AM
my patio is on the bottom right of the screen. you can see the glass.

Kona9
05-27-2006, 11:37 AM
no worky for me!

Kona9
05-27-2006, 11:41 AM
more pics to come.

nismodrifter
05-27-2006, 12:03 PM
Kiddha,

Shit mang, I saw this on the news the other night, 2 million dollars in damage, at least your shit wasn't affected though.

snade831
05-27-2006, 12:08 PM
YIKES! thats scary.

Kona9
05-27-2006, 12:46 PM

Kona9
05-27-2006, 12:48 PM
:( aftermath on the sarcee side.

djayz
05-27-2006, 12:56 PM
danm nice homes...so unfortunate :(

slickk
05-27-2006, 12:58 PM
burn baby burn

Kona9
05-27-2006, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by slickk
burn baby burn

Not sure how to take that, for now I will be offended.
Karma is a bitch and kinda powerfull. Perhaps you can lose it all and remember yourself typing that.

If you meant something rather positive by that statement. (how I have no clue) than I take back my comment.

:banghead: kids these days:rolleyes:

cycosis
05-27-2006, 01:54 PM
bummer dude, glad ur car aint fried

hizzity
05-27-2006, 02:30 PM
I used to live there. I was staying with some family friends when I first moved to calgary and he was the one who designed the place and has the end unit faceing sarcee right next to the muslium place. I hope there place wasn't cooked.

CrvenaZvezda
05-27-2006, 02:55 PM
holy shit thtas unfortunate... glad to hear u and ur stuff is fine.

Kona9
05-27-2006, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by hizzity
I used to live there. I was staying with some family friends when I first moved to calgary and he was the one who designed the place and has the end unit faceing sarcee right next to the muslium place. I hope there place wasn't cooked.

Yes that is the architect of the complex' place. The fire started on the unit beside his. Im sure he recieved minor fire and major smoke and water damage.

Thanks for all the nice words guys. I appreciate it. My girlfriend and I are seeing what we can do if anything for the families and couples that sustained loss. We have fed and showered a few people initially, yet there is not much we can do, as between insurance, and the condo board they will be taken care of. I offered some clothes to an older gentleman who lost it all. We had a good laugh. I asked if he felt ok with looking 29 again. He chuckled.

NickGT
05-27-2006, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Kona9

Yes that is the architect of the complex' place. The fire started on the unit beside his. Im sure he recieved minor fire and major smoke and water damage.

Thanks for all the nice words guys. I appreciate it. My girlfriend and I are seeing what we can do if anything for the families and couples that sustained loss. We have fed and showered a few people initially, yet there is not much we can do, as between insurance, and the condo board they will be taken care of. I offered some clothes to an older gentleman who lost it all. We had a good laugh. I asked if he felt ok with looking 29 again. He chuckled.

You're a real stand up guy. :thumbsup:

Its sad when things like this happen. But its nice to hear about people like yourself going the extra mile to lend a helping hand.

big mooe
05-27-2006, 04:35 PM
wow thats horrible

Kona9
05-27-2006, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by NickGT

You're a real stand up guy. :thumbsup:

Its sad when things like this happen. But its nice to hear about people like yourself going the extra mile to lend a helping hand.

Thanks Nick. Really appreciate that!

Ben
05-27-2006, 05:28 PM
Holy Shit bro!~

Ah man, thats brutal.

Let me know if I can help at all.

Kona9
05-27-2006, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Ben
Holy Shit bro!~

Ah man, thats brutal.

Let me know if I can help at all.

Thanks Ben / Broseph!

adidas
05-28-2006, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Kona9

Your a good guy, it really shows that you would go out of ur way to help someone out. Glad we still got ppl like you around.

Btw, good thing that your 1.8T wasnt in danger, id hate to see that thing burnt!

VW :clap:

Nissanaddict
05-29-2006, 09:01 AM
Good to hear nobody got hurt despite losing their homes, and that insurance'll take care of it. Also, kudos for helping everyone out. As it was said, it's good to know there's still people you can count on in this world.

Kona9
05-29-2006, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by adidas

Your a good guy, it really shows that you would go out of ur way to help someone out. Glad we still got ppl like you around.

Btw, good thing that your 1.8T wasnt in danger, id hate to see that thing burnt!

VW :clap:

Once again, I highly appreciate the compliment. Truly its the only way to be. If something happened to myself and /or my girlfriend and there was someone out there that wanted to help, I would be nothing but grateful for the offer and help itself.

Luckily it was my Xterra beside the burning building. I love the truck (cough for sale cough) but the Jetta MUST stay alive. haha I love it!!

Things are starting to take shape for the people at loss. Constantly people coming and going with insurance, moving, salvage, etc. It will be nice to have the old neighbours back. Pretty cool people. Hopefully they decide to come back after the rebuild. If they dont....keep an eye out!! Its an excellent quiet location with a splendid view of the city!!

Thanks again fellow Beyonders!!