PDA

View Full Version : Bought a 2006 Nissan XTERRA Off Road

awd
05-27-2006, 04:29 PM
I love this thing, review/pictures to come. Anyone know of any XTERRA owner forums on the web?

nismodrifter
05-27-2006, 06:31 PM
www.4x4parts.com

Good Nissan 4x4 forum there.

awd
05-27-2006, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
www.4x4parts.com

Good Nissan 4x4 forum there.

Great, thanks man -- also found this site: http://www.xterraownersclub.com/

awd
05-28-2006, 09:09 AM
Some pics of my new baby...

http://clayndanielle.com/albums/XTERRA/X_1.jpg
http://clayndanielle.com/albums/XTERRA/X_2.jpg
http://clayndanielle.com/albums/XTERRA/X_3.jpg

eclipse00
05-28-2006, 10:38 AM
Nice man, just bought a Frontier yesterday, just have to wait a couple days for it to get here!!!

bigboom
07-12-2006, 10:37 AM
sorry to bump an old thread but can you give a review on this thing so far? i jsut went to go look at one last night and other then the interior feeling a bit platicy i really liked it. how is ownership of this thing a couple months into it?

B17a
07-12-2006, 10:42 AM
I own one, bought it June 05, love it. This is a great vehicle!

teknical
07-12-2006, 10:47 AM
6 speed manual? such a fun suv to drive!! Never owned one, but I definately had some fun driving it, and it's definately "off-road" worthy :thumbsup:

EDIT: Knight Armor - Also a good choice on color :thumbsup: did you get the blue interior? or the black?

bigboom
07-12-2006, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by B17a
I own one, bought it June 05, love it. This is a great vehicle!

any quality/reliability issues at all? do you have the locking rear differential?

B17a
07-12-2006, 11:06 AM
Yeah I got the 6 speed and have locking diffs (although I have not yet used it!). Quality is great, no issues whatsoever. I've got just over 20k on it so far. I've taken it on highways lots and its quite quiet, also I've bagged on it good offroading and have been amazed at how well it handles, I haven't gotten stuck yet! This is a very functional truck. My only negative is that getting in and out of the rear seats is not so easy, my fat ass doesn't fit that well sliding out as the wheel well comes up high, but that's usually not my problem as I don't sit in the back of my own vehicle much!:D

rc2002
07-12-2006, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by bigboom
sorry to bump an old thread but can you give a review on this thing so far? i jsut went to go look at one last night and other then the interior feeling a bit platicy i really liked it. how is ownership of this thing a couple months into it?

Please don't trade in your IS300 for this. Thanks.

mrbojangles
07-14-2006, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by awd
I love this thing, review/pictures to come. Anyone know of any XTERRA owner forums on the web?

Come on out to the Nissan Jamboree!

Calgary Nissan 4x4 club (http://www.cn4xc.com)

HRD2PLZ
07-21-2006, 12:20 PM
I have a friend who just bought a 2006 Xterra Off-Road with a 6-speed and she loves it. Interior is a little plasticy, but its perfect for her and her dogs.

Very fun to drive, especially for an SUV :thumbsup:

bigboom
07-21-2006, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002

Please don't trade in your IS300 for this. Thanks.

you're just scared ill run over your car...

awd
10-02-2006, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by bigboom

I love it.

The interior is a little "plasticky" but very functional and easy to clean. I have driven it from Red Deer to Victoria a few times already -- drives like a car on the highway and is really quiet. My only beef is gas mileage -- but I knew of that before I bought it.

HRD2PLZ
10-05-2006, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by awd

The interior is a little "plasticky" but very functional and easy to clean. My only beef is gas mileage -- but I knew of that before I bought it.

Exactly what my friends says about her 06 Xterra Off Road. She always complains about gas mileage... seeing as its worse on gas than my V8 4Runner with full-time 4WD :nut:

But then again... you don't buy an SUV for gas mileage :burnout:

93hustler
10-11-2006, 01:39 PM
Gas is goin down though , oil prices are low.

duke
11-10-2006, 01:22 PM
I bought a 06 last december the exact color and model as that. I love it and its pretty quick for a SUV with 0-60 times of 7.6 sec .9 sec slower that RSX-S. My only beefs are how rigid the mud flaps are, I cracked them off the first time I took it off road, and the tires are decent for dirt roads and such but shite offroad. It should have came with Goodyear MTR or BFG MT tires like the Rubicon line of Jeeps as it is a OFFROAD model. With the stock tires and VDC it is a absolute weapon in the winter almost impossable to loose control of this truck unless you turn off the VDC. The factory Rockford 9 spkr stereo is great for stock and makes for easy upgrades. The two JLW3 in the back of mine sure help it out. Calmini makes lifts and after market stuff for them. Mines getting a 4" lift in a couple of months. A good forum is http://xterrafirma.com

Kona9
11-10-2006, 08:14 PM
Congrats! I purchased the same truck this year. Same color and all. 13000 kms on her.
I love it!!

6 speed is awesome, especially on the highway. I have taken it to the okanagan a couple times. Have not used the locking diff yet, although switching off the VDC is super fun in the snow!!!

I spent 40 bucks and made a prettty handy bike rack for inside the back. Sleeping in the back during camping is very possible. My girlfriend is 5'9" myself 5'10" and it works well.

This past summer there was some construction on a building across from Mt Royal, (crowchild side). The mud pit was lengthy and extremely muddy. The X ripped through it trouble free, hucking chunks and chocloate chips of mud everywhere. Completely covered!!!

Good luck with your X!!!

CappyMcSlappy
11-19-2006, 02:28 PM
I think I like the look of the Nitro a bit better. Has anyone had a chance do drive one of these as well? They seem pretty comparable, but I really like the interior for the new nitro too.