PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for daily workouts?

SteveMo600
05-28-2006, 02:11 AM
I've just recently started hittin the gym a lot lately. Took the advice of basically every article and post out there and am eating like a horse. I am eating to the point of where I feel sick but that's what has to be done.

Anyways, I'm lookin to make a weekly schedule and sticking to 1 or 2 major body parts each day? Legs, shoulders, chest, biceps, triceps, abs...etc.

It's easy to find excercises for each muscle group, but what muscle groups can i group together? Ideally, I'd like a 4 day schedule and just repeat it and increase the weight where I see fit.

Also, I've heard that abs don't need as much time for rest after a workout. Is this true? Can they be worked at the end of a workout like every second day?

1-Cent
05-28-2006, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by SteveMo600
Also, I've heard that abs don't need as much time for rest after a workout. Is this true? Can they be worked at the end of a workout like every second day?

Yes but it would negatively impact your core lifts since they won't recover THAT fast. Faster than others yes but nothing out of this world that would make you want to train them much different.

If you're doing your core lifts than once per week is more than enough.

pinoyhero
05-28-2006, 08:49 AM
Sounds like your trying to put on some mass in which case you should look into a program like Max-Ot you can work it into a four day split. I been on it since the beginning of the year and the restults are outstanding for wright gain and strength gain wise. I've been training for about 10 years and have never had gains this fast.

http://www.freedomfly.net/Documents/MAX-OT.pdf#search='maxot%20freedomfly'

Just skip over the supplement sales crap. The routine calls for 5 days usually but I wrap a few items together to make it four...

Chest/Abs/Forearms
Legs
Delts/Traps/Tris
Back/Bis

Give this a shot for about 2 months see what you think...since the beginning of the year here are some of my gains...as a precursour I'm 5'8...

Weight 172 to180 (lean gains)
Bench (4-6reps) 200 to 255
Squats (4-6reps) I had weak legs 170 to 235
Deads (4-6reps) 145 to 225
Dumbell shoulder press (4-6) per side 65 to 85/90

I love this program, best part is you will not be pushing weight for more than 45 mins daily, sometimes less. Follow ti strictly though and work your ass off, intensity is the key but dont sacrifice too much form.

PM me if you want more detail.