PDA

View Full Version : Edmonton Gym for Newb?

BlackArcher101
05-28-2006, 10:48 AM
Tired of my post-secondary beer gut and need to get back into shape.:whipped: My main goal would be to lose weight and become fit again. Problem is, I've never gone to the gym before.

Are there are any good gyms near the south end of Edmonton (gateway/calgary tr) that would be a good place to start? I'd probably need some sort of help to get started (build a routine, teach me a few things).

There's the YMCA and a few others around, just thought I'd get some other opinions first.

Thanks.

v8killah
05-29-2006, 10:20 PM
Club fit is always a good choice... or whc but thats alot busier.

GTS Jeff
05-30-2006, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by BlackArcher101
post-secondary beer gut Van Vliet and Butterdome.

TrevorK
05-30-2006, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by BlackArcher101
Tired of my post-secondary beer gut and need to get back into shape.:whipped: My main goal would be to lose weight and become fit again. Problem is, I've never gone to the gym before.

Are there are any good gyms near the south end of Edmonton (gateway/calgary tr) that would be a good place to start? I'd probably need some sort of help to get started (build a routine, teach me a few things).

There's the YMCA and a few others around, just thought I'd get some other opinions first.

Thanks.

You can always try a gym like NAIT (I know, not south side) and if you talk to the people there you can easily find Personal Fitness Trainer students who have graduated willing to teach you. I'd probably trust them more than I'd trust the people at WHC/Club Fit.

That - and with WHC/Club Fit you are usually forced to sign up for a year (Or pay an initiation fee). At least going with NAIT/UofA you can pay monthly, so if you don't end up going you aren't out a buncha money.

RX_EVOLV
05-31-2006, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Van Vliet and Butterdome.

:werd: you already paid for it anyway