PDA

View Full Version : who sells royal purple oil?

black_shadow_18
05-29-2006, 04:22 PM
i am wondering if there are any other places than mopac that sell royal purple oils? And also Aeroquip, or EARLS hose fittings?

SilverBoost
05-29-2006, 06:35 PM
Is there something wrong with Mopac? :dunno:

black_shadow_18
05-29-2006, 07:09 PM
It depends on who you get to help you. most of the time they look at you and treat you like crap... They have all the stuff i need, but to be honest would rather support a business that treats you well..

If I have to i will buy it from them, but would rather put my business elsewhere...

bigbadboss101
05-29-2006, 07:35 PM
I have seen them at STRD, and CMS.

4DoorGTZ
05-29-2006, 08:33 PM
Call tunerworks, they had Redline fluids when I was looking around, might have Royal Purple as well.

Weapon_R
05-29-2006, 09:11 PM
I believe Canadian tire stocks high end motor oil too. I think I recall seeing some royal purple there but not 100% sure

SilverBoost
05-30-2006, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by black_shadow_18
It depends on who you get to help you. most of the time they look at you and treat you like crap... They have all the stuff i need, but to be honest would rather support a business that treats you well..

If I have to i will buy it from them, but would rather put my business elsewhere...

yeah I hear ya.... there are a few guys there that have really helped me out, an dthen a few others who smoked too much pot in their day. But you get that pretty much anywhere it seems. Sometimes you gotta take the good with the bad. But I know what you're saying.

teggypimp95
05-30-2006, 11:45 AM
How much better would u boys actully say, royal purple is over castrol syntic? is it that much better for your car? notice any differnce? worth going to a specialty store and paying a few more bucks for it?

Weapon_R
05-30-2006, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by teggypimp95
How much better would u boys actully say, royal purple is over castrol syntic? is it that much better for your car? notice any differnce? worth going to a specialty store and paying a few more bucks for it?

It's just personal preference. The greatest automobile manufacturers use Mobil1 in their vehicles because it is the best oil you can get. Other brands like redline and royal purple are also on par, but not really worth the premium you pay unless you want to go that extra mile.

teggypimp95
05-30-2006, 11:49 AM
i have been happy with castrol but never tried mobil1, u think its better?

Weapon_R
05-30-2006, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by teggypimp95
i have been happy with castrol but never tried mobil1, u think its better?

Yes, I do. For the $30 you pay (if you do your own oil changes), Mobil 1 is a fantastic bargain. Considering you need to only change it half as much as conventional oil, its also cheaper.

aram1000
05-30-2006, 12:01 PM
I belive parts source carries both royal purple and redline, my personal preference though is mobil 1 synthetic

black_shadow_18
05-30-2006, 09:43 PM
i run mobil 1 in my motor, but I have never seen mobil 1 gear oil. that is what i am after...

Zero102
05-31-2006, 05:22 AM
Mobil 1 gear oil is difficult to find. Even harder is the euro formula gear oil.

For the price difference, unless you have a very expensive motor on the line, the price difference often does not justify the switch to royal purple. That said, Amsoil is a cheaper alternative. Priced at roughly the same/slightly higher than Mobil 1 and Castrol Syntec.

Any of those 4 are excellent oils. Amsoil backs the extended drain interval as well, which makes it a somewhat-warrantied money saver.