PDA

View Full Version : Is your Tim Hortons coffee always the same?

Moonracer
05-29-2006, 05:59 PM
Is it just me and my g/f or does anyone else notice that the coffee they always order at Timmies is different all the time? I always order a medium coffee with 1 cream and 3 sugar, yes I like coffee with my sugar...lol She orders a large double double. Sometimes my coffee tastes like it has NO sugar in it whatsoever and at other times it is super sweet. :dunno: WTF? They all have their little machines to click for the portions so how can they differ so much. I know that sometimes they may just hear me wrong or read their til wrong. Same thing with Jen. Is it just our imagination? :D

eb0i
05-29-2006, 06:09 PM
maybe the machine doesn't "click" out a teaspoon of sugar each time. Or perhaps 1 shot of cream is never the same amount.

dirty_magic
05-29-2006, 06:09 PM
sandino, im right there with you, I get a double double everytime, its never the same.... never. sometimes theres no creme, sometimes too much

Moonracer
05-29-2006, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by dirty_magic
sandino, im right there with you, I get a double double everytime, its never the same.... never. sometimes theres no creme, sometimes too much

haha you too eh. Ya actually they put in 3 cream and 1 sugar one time, it looked pretty white so it was an easy find.

RX_EVOLV
05-29-2006, 07:03 PM
always different!! i always get XL 1 cream a sugar and sometimes it taste sweeter than double double, sometimes it just taste like hot water.

theken
05-29-2006, 07:17 PM
i think it depends on how fast they push the buttons, my large double doube is never the same

Foz
05-29-2006, 07:21 PM
Pretty much taste the same. The only one that taste different is brewing it at home yourself when you buy their coffee from a can.

liquidboi69
05-29-2006, 07:31 PM
It should taste the same...I have friends that work there. They have automatic sugar and cream dispencers too..so it should be the exact same amoun of cream and sugar if you're asking for the same.

frostyda9
05-29-2006, 07:53 PM
I have noticed that without fail, the Tims on 17th Ave SE (that's right, in the ghet-to) is always less sweet than it should be. I believe a lot of it comes down to the amount of stirring that whoever makes it does. Some just give it a quick once around, others are more thorough.

Also, Sandino...quit being a :poosie: and get yourself a man sized coffee :D

Moonracer
05-29-2006, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by RX_EVOLV
always different!! i always get XL 1 cream a sugar and sometimes it taste sweeter than double double, sometimes it just taste like hot water.

Hot water...:rofl:

Originally posted by liquidboi69
It should taste the same...I have friends that work there. They have automatic sugar and cream dispencers too..so it should be the exact same amoun of cream and sugar if you're asking for the same.

Exactly, it should taste the same everytime because of their little dispencers but they still manage to flub it up some how. I try to listen for the clicks now just to see if they are getting it right. I cought it the other day actually...lol

BigDannyCool
05-29-2006, 08:19 PM
i always get french vanilla. so it's always the same.

rony_espana
05-29-2006, 08:23 PM
Mine is the same about 90% of the time, every now and then they either give me hot water or one of those smoothie things for some reason :barf:

Large regular for me :drool:

Stephen81
05-29-2006, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by BigDannyCool

Same here :D But when I used to drink Double Double's all the time I think the only time it varied is when THEY screwed up and didn't put in 2 cream and sugar in the first place. My truck doesn't pull away from that drive-thru window until I verify they've got my shit right haha.

Moonracer
05-29-2006, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by frostyda9

Also, Sandino...quit being a :poosie: and get yourself a man sized coffee :D

Bastard! :cry: ;)

thinmyster
05-29-2006, 09:03 PM
does a small double double have the same ratio of cream and sugar as an extra large etc??

3 of my friends get there coffee as follows:
quad quad
his g/f gets
cinq cinq
and another friends get
2 cream 7 sugar :eek:

Edit: coffee at u of c prolly tastes the worst. must sit there for evAr!

kaput
05-29-2006, 09:07 PM

Moonracer
05-29-2006, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by thinmyster
does a small double double have the same ratio of cream and sugar as an extra large etc??

3 of my friends get there coffee as follows:
quad quad
his g/f gets
cinq cinq
and another friends get
2 cream 7 sugar :eek:

Edit: coffee at u of c prolly tastes the worst. must sit there for evAr!

I think the shots are bigger for the larger sizes if i'm not mistaken??? Someone will know. But damn, I can't imagine drinking an extra large coffee.

redline_13000
05-29-2006, 09:28 PM
one location i go to never tastes the same, the other always does, I don't know if its the employees or machines:dunno:

black_shadow_18
05-29-2006, 09:36 PM
I used to be a manager of a tim hortons. The machines need to be calibrated regularly to get consistant results. most stores dont have the time or dont care, so dont adjust the machines, so their coffee will taste different than another store.
Also, as the level of creme or sugar gets lower in the machine, it wont put out as much product as it would when it is full (because it has less weight pushing it down) This is something the machines dont account for. If they did could you imagine how much they would cost???

But I do agree, no 2 cups of coffee ever taste the same, but i continue to go back.

h_s
05-29-2006, 09:55 PM
an xl triple triple every morning and its always perfect, even if its a little off a bit i cant taste the difference, i like how it doesnt taste like the rat piss that mcd and A&W puts out

Moonracer
05-30-2006, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by black_shadow_18
I used to be a manager of a tim hortons. The machines need to be calibrated regularly to get consistant results. most stores dont have the time or dont care, so dont adjust the machines, so their coffee will taste different than another store.
Also, as the level of creme or sugar gets lower in the machine, it wont put out as much product as it would when it is full (because it has less weight pushing it down) This is something the machines dont account for. If they did could you imagine how much they would cost???

But I do agree, no 2 cups of coffee ever taste the same, but i continue to go back.

AH HAAAA lol Finally have an answer to the great mistery. Or rather the final answers to it. From now on I'll just ask for my 1 cream and then put my own sugar in from the packets. The cream isn't so important for me. Hell sometimes when I know I'm going straight home from the one by my place, I'll order it black and fix it up at home. :)

Tech2
05-30-2006, 01:18 AM
About 3 times ago when I had an ice cap it had the caffiene of about 5 coffees. I was freakin bouncing off the walls. Funny thing was I had taken my grandmother and she had one too. At 83 she was ready to go jogging.

Been chasing the dragon's tail ever since.

Moonracer
05-30-2006, 01:21 AM
^^^haha I haven't noticed if there's any difference in the icecaps yet. Nothing I can do about those though.

jcrules99
05-30-2006, 01:24 AM
almost everytime its diff! haha, i usually get 3 milk and 2 sugar, and its barely ever what it should taste like...

nonsane
05-30-2006, 07:58 AM
I don't use cream or sugar so mine is usually the same :)

joyridder
05-30-2006, 08:11 AM
I usually get a Lg DD, sometimes it tastes like there is no sugar...
most of the time it is good. There policy is to not have coffee sit for more than 20 mins. I sometimes get the "ass" end of the pot where it tastes bitter. But to be honest you kind of get sick of the coffee after awhile. I usually rotate between Second Cup and Tims.......

heavyD
05-30-2006, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by joyridder
I usually get a Lg DD, sometimes it tastes like there is no sugar...
most of the time it is good. There policy is to not have coffee sit for more than 20 mins. I sometimes get the "ass" end of the pot where it tastes bitter.

Tim's is fairly consistent but the problem is more the staff and not the coffee. Every day I get an XLDD and sometimes it tastes like there is no sugar. This is due to the employee pressing the wrong button on the sure-shot dispencer as you end up getting the amount of sugar for a small/meduim/large DD and not an XL. Also Tim's coffee has an extremely short shelf life so IMO any pot that sits 10-15 min will taste bitter and the less coffee in the pot that sits on the element the worse it tastes. I usually ask the employee to fill mine with one of the fresh pots as they are trained to use every last drop of every pot before using a fresh one.

abyss
05-30-2006, 08:26 AM
whenever I used to have their coffee the only thing I noticed was that when I ordered it double double, sometimes it tasted like it had no sugar at all....until you get to the bottom. Every time I used to have Tim Horton's coffee it was always syrupy at the bottom. You can't very well stir it in your car, so I always ended up trying to swirl it and then always spilled it all over everywhere. sigh. Good thing I don't drink it anymore.

GrantC
05-30-2006, 08:49 AM
Just drink it black. Then there's no problem with their sugar/cream machine being uncalibrated or not cleaned. :dunno:

TurboMedic
05-30-2006, 08:53 AM
Mines almost always different....and I drink alot of coffee

FatboyTheHungry
05-30-2006, 09:54 AM
4 out of 5 Coffees are consistent. The 5th one, that is usually when I go to a different Timmies than the one I usually do...

blue Zed
05-30-2006, 10:25 AM
HAHAHA always different for me as well. and did you notice when a contest is over the price goes up .10* every time.

Moonracer
05-30-2006, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by GrantC
Just drink it black. Then there's no problem with their sugar/cream machine being uncalibrated or not cleaned. :dunno:

:barf: I don't know how anyone can drink it black.
It's looking pretty unanimous, 72% inconsistant. Still lovin Timmies though. :thumbsup:

h_s
05-30-2006, 10:45 PM
anyone notice how the consistency of the ice caps suck lately?? somtimes it runny some times its like ice cream, tastes the same, but texture sux lately, wheres the individual tender, love and care that they used to put into their product

stevelou
05-30-2006, 11:02 PM
I usually get an XL black and its fine but once and awhile I will get a XL double doulbe. Thats when you get in to different tastes..... When I used to drink 2 XL at a time both coffees could be the same or they could be completely different. The timmies up on edmonton trail way up north dumps a ton of sugar where as the one on barlow north of 16 th tends to put very little sugar in..... the one in deer run is somewhat consistent and same with the one on southland dr and fairmont. The timmies on 52nd tends to be fairly consistent too......

But those are just some of the ones I can think of off the top of my head... And yes I drink a lot of my caffiene :D

HybridTheory
05-31-2006, 01:53 AM
I just recently switched to drinking mine black but when I would get an XL triple triple it occasionally wouldn't taste as sweet as a double double. I also used to drink cafe mochas and it was really bad for the consistency. It would only taste right about 2 out of 5 times.

/////AMG
05-31-2006, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by BigDannyCool

:werd: best shit ever!:drool:

tapout
05-31-2006, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by Moonracer
Is it just me and my g/f or does anyone else notice that the coffee they always order at Timmies is different all the time? I always order a medium coffee with 1 cream and 3 sugar, yes I like coffee with my sugar...lol She orders a large double double. Sometimes my coffee tastes like it has NO sugar in it whatsoever and at other times it is super sweet. :dunno: WTF? They all have their little machines to click for the portions so how can they differ so much. I know that sometimes they may just hear me wrong or read their til wrong. Same thing with Jen. Is it just our imagination? :D lol:rofl: we both have the same problem & thats why i alway keep extra sugar & stir stick

Moonracer
05-31-2006, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by tapout
lol:rofl: we both have the same problem & thats why i alway keep extra sugar & stir stick

hehe I do that sometimes too! Gonna have to start carrying around a little coffee kit :rofl:

Moonracer
06-05-2006, 02:29 PM
Well I ordered my usual coffee on the weekend and only asked for the cream. Then grabbed the sugar packs beside the til and a stirstick. The girl that was taking my order was looking at me like I was retarded or something...:rofl: