PDA

View Full Version : i've been wondering..

lammer
07-11-2002, 02:00 PM
everyone's been claiming and saying everything is rice. from 2 feet high spoilers, stickers that add hp:rofl: and so.
but my question is, "are all-show no-gos considered rice?"
im not talking about the LED lights but, the body kits, nice rims, clean looking car, sound system all that.

eur0
07-11-2002, 02:03 PM
im still teetering between improving my speed or making my car look better, I think I want to make my car look a little nicer first.

redec
07-11-2002, 02:05 PM
no...not everything....basically anything that is exagerated far beyond any practical use (picnic table wing, massive exhaust etc) or just plain gay (blue lights, underglow etc)

Ed the SOHC
The term rice differ from ppl to ppl. I consider my car rice cuz it's a modded import. That's my definition. It doesn't have to mean something bad.

G
To each his own...people talk smack but underneath who really cares what someone else does to their car.

cocoabrova
07-11-2002, 03:54 PM
Like Ed the SOHC, I think all done imports are rice, and that's prolly what the big block guys call it too. But I'll take that one step farther and say that there are 2 types of rice... Long grain and sticky, oh wait, nevermind. :rofl: Seriously tho, there's nice rice and ghey rice. Where each person classes cars that they see is personal preference I guess. But I think it's safe to say that no one that posts to THIS forum drives ghey rice...:thumbsup:

HyperPup
07-11-2002, 03:58 PM
Anyone ever notice that the ones who mostly/always call other cars rice (even though there is no pleaseing everyone) are always GUYS?

only a few girls give a $@$ and most think its cool anyways.

"RICE" like neons, underglow, chromalusion paint jobs == $$$...

and we know what happens then.

cocoabrova
07-11-2002, 04:00 PM
It used to be like that, but I think the girls nowadays KNOW the diff between ghey/nice rice...... :bigpimp:

mwmhong
07-11-2002, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by lammer
everyone's been claiming and saying everything is rice. from 2 feet high spoilers, stickers that add hp:rofl: and so.
but my question is, "are all-show no-gos considered rice?"
im not talking about the LED lights but, the body kits, nice rims, clean looking car, sound system all that.

You've been reading my stuff? :D

For me TRUE rice is the implicit and/or explicit assertion of speed/power/performance/whatever when there is none.

Fake Type R, SIR, GTR decals are rice.
People flashing around airsoft Glock17's are rice.
Kung-fu and Tae Kwon Do are rice martial arts
Philosophy/Poli Sci are rice educational degrees.
Fake Rolex watches are rice

A car with 'rice'cessories racing up Shag and 'beating' cars that aren't even racing is TRUE rice.
A car with 'rice'-cessories just driving normally up Shag isn't TRUE rice, but people still say rice anyways.....

cocoabrova
07-11-2002, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by mwmhong
Kung-fu and Tae Kwon Do are rice martial arts

:rofl: :rofl:

BarryBeach
07-11-2002, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by cocoabrova
It used to be like that, but I think the girls nowadays KNOW the diff between ghey/nice rice...... :bigpimp:

I also agree ... i think girls know the difference.

Also my definition of "Rice" is ... "Excessive Gheyness added which makes the car look Really Ghey"
:bigpimp:

lammer
07-12-2002, 03:08 AM
thanx for all the imput!:thumbsup:

jaylo
07-12-2002, 04:45 PM
it's all about people's tastes and stuff, you can judge them like that but if they are satisfied on what they are doing no matter how obnoxious it is for other people...

three.eighteen.
07-12-2002, 07:22 PM
rice in my definition, is a TACKY looking car with "performance" products i.e. anything from APC, there are nice cars with aluminum spoilers and there are rice mobiles, there are amazing paintjobs that are loud and there are cars with crappy paintjobs and a huge farking sticker on the side, i think non-functional, half-assed efforts at improving performance is the best definition of rice

Kronyk
07-12-2002, 07:39 PM
I find rice to be more of a personality trait. That and I'm also against all show no go, like fake or empty zex bottles in automatic civics, but then again what do I know......

4wheeldrift
07-13-2002, 07:06 AM
The definition of rice has become much more personalized than it used to be. Because pretty much everything someone doesn't like on an import is called rice now.

RCBVtec
07-13-2002, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by three.eighteen.
rice in my definition, is a TACKY looking car with "performance" products i.e. anything from APC, there are nice cars with aluminum spoilers and there are rice mobiles, there are amazing paintjobs that are loud and there are cars with crappy paintjobs and a huge farking sticker on the side, i think non-functional, half-assed efforts at improving performance is the best definition of rice

I agree... it totally comes down to personal taste there are so many produtcs out there now that what one person thinks is "rice" might not necessarly be the same view as someone else... my personal opinion is that if it's clean it ain't "rice" i.e nice rims (no chrome) clean kit, etc...

three.eighteen.
07-13-2002, 12:41 PM
heh, have you guys seen some of those ricey products?
fake rollcages, fake intercoolers, fake BOV noisemakers, fake nitrous bottles, LED tailpipes...it goes on and on, theres more crap for cars (and it sells more) than there is real performance parts...kinda sick...

MiNG
07-13-2002, 06:07 PM
rice is defined differently by everyone, in that case, i'm sure everyone has rice.
but who cares, i build my car for my own pleasure not for others...

Kronyk
07-13-2002, 11:04 PM
I think rice is pretty much all personality and attitude. If your driving a base civic, that performs like a stock base civic, and you talk shit, about how fast you are and how you eat 5.0:rolleyes: Thats rice. Or for example the imfamous ricer flyby. You get beat you don't fly by the person that slowed down to a "sane" speed, you pull up to them give them props and be on your way. Anyway what the hell do I know I drive a Probe:confused:

Thats my $0.02.