PDA

View Full Version : Street Racing

Pages : [1] 2

Oldskool
05-30-2006, 12:26 AM
I hate when people in stock SRT-4's see you coming down the road, and want to race.

I was just on my way home from Lacrosse practice, and I was beat, just enjoying my drive. Then theres a Black SRT-4 that pulls beside me, stays even with me for a bit, so i look over, then the guy just guns it. I just figure ah what the hell and go behind him, then we come to some partial traffic and i think, screw that, ill just go back to doing the speed limit, and enjoy the drive. Well, this SRT guy wont go for it, he slows down untill im next to him again, then he would gun it trying to get me to follow again. Basically, this happened a few times and i just didnt give a sh*t so i just did my own thing and cruised down the road. then later on he rolls down the window, so i figure, what the hell, lets see what this guy has to say. Basically he trys to initiate another race and when i tell him that im not a street racer, and that the place for racing is not the street, so he says "all show no go huh? then waves and says bye and guns it again.

If that guy with the SRT-4 is on this site, is that all you do? go around and look for street races?

anyways thats my rant, do all the street racing you want to guy, but when someone doesnt wanna race you, F*ck off,

and BTW my car is not all show no go, but im not gonna weave in and out of traffic and risk getting caught by the cops, some of us care about our insurance rates.

LilDrunkenSmurf
05-30-2006, 12:33 AM
ya that's pretty stupid... I don't understand why people have such things to prove... then trying to anger you into doing it by insulting you... I thought it was a public road... not an elementary playground.

Lex350
05-30-2006, 12:55 AM
SRT-4 SAY NO MORE!!:thumbsdow

gen2teggy
05-30-2006, 01:00 AM
i do that to buse'ss all the time

JordanEG6
05-30-2006, 01:03 AM
what an ass...being smart about street racing doesnt mean your car is all-show, no go...what a punk.

i woulda just told him "it's better than a neon" hahaha.

LilDrunkenSmurf
05-30-2006, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by JordanEG6
"it's better than a neon."
:rofl:

Skyline_Addict
05-30-2006, 01:15 AM
ahhh yes, the classic ricer fly by. never gets old, unfortunately.

JordanEG6
05-30-2006, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf

nice sig ;)

jcrules99
05-30-2006, 01:27 AM
speakin of sigs..

Originally posted by Skyline_Addict
ahhh yes, the classic ricer fly by. never gets old, unfortunately.

HOT DAMN! haha i love those ludes

LilDrunkenSmurf
05-30-2006, 01:43 AM
hahaha who do you think talked him into going to the car wash... and then it rained =(

Skyline_Addict
05-30-2006, 01:49 AM
it rained right after we finished taking the photos.

SilverBoost
05-30-2006, 11:02 AM
I find just beating them quickly gets them off your back....

kidding of course. :)

I hate when you happen to just want to get by someone, and they think that you want to race them. Unfortunately my car sounds a little loud whne you get in the gas a little and some people think thats an invite, but really I just want to get around you, nothing more. :D

Ek9Max
05-30-2006, 11:23 AM
Yea that sucks.

The worst case I have ever seen of this was a 98ish camaro trying to race me a few years ago.

He would fly by then cut me off and slam on his brakes. So I'd go to pass him, and he gun it again then cut me off and slam on his brakes. I was in my GF's integra with her, so it's not fast at all, and this fag wouldn't let it go.

He kept doing this until I gave him a race. So eventually I just gunned it for maybe 1.5 seconds, then he took off going 200km/h down country hills.

I wish I had a big rock to throw at his car.

snowboard
05-30-2006, 11:28 AM
fuck a truck did a ricer fly by to me in my truck yesterday on deerfoot.

i also hate the people that are just driving normal, and then when your driving faster then them they insist on speedin up to stay beside you? fuck thats annoying, cause usually your trying to get in a different lane or catch a turn :thumbsdow

T78Supra1
05-30-2006, 11:37 AM
It alway's seems to be those Neons...When i am driving in my wifes STI....Just the sight of her car is an invite....like they have something to prove. The best part about it is after you decide to race them to get them off your back....they think its a rally race and the come ripping by you after a mile or two....I'm Not sure if they no what a Quarter mile is.

There is just no giving up with them

teggypimp95
05-30-2006, 11:41 AM
I think that may be part of the reason why i hate srt4s so much, it kinda seems like the egos of all the drivers tend to be the same, "there car rules the road". I have had this situation like oldskool's happin to me alot, and when u say take it some where else, they get all pouty, puff up there chest and burn off lol

Sorath
05-30-2006, 11:50 AM
srt4's never try and race me :(

ecstasy_civic
05-30-2006, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Oldskool
I hate when people in stock SRT-4's see you coming down the road, and want to race.

I was just on my way home from Lacrosse practice, and I was beat, just enjoying my drive. Then theres a Black SRT-4 that pulls beside me, stays even with me for a bit, so i look over, then the guy just guns it. I just figure ah what the hell and go behind him, then we come to some partial traffic and i think, screw that, ill just go back to doing the speed limit, and enjoy the drive. Well, this SRT guy wont go for it, he slows down untill im next to him again, then he would gun it trying to get me to follow again. Basically, this happened a few times and i just didnt give a sh*t so i just did my own thing and cruised down the road. then later on he rolls down the window, so i figure, what the hell, lets see what this guy has to say. Basically he trys to initiate another race and when i tell him that im not a street racer, and that the place for racing is not the street, so he says "all show no go huh? then waves and says bye and guns it again.

If that guy with the SRT-4 is on this site, is that all you do? go around and look for street races?

anyways thats my rant, do all the street racing you want to guy, but when someone doesnt wanna race you, F*ck off,

and BTW my car is not all show no go, but im not gonna weave in and out of traffic and risk getting caught by the cops, some of us care about our insurance rates.

I think I know someone exactly like this lol
was he bald by chance?

Ekliptix
05-30-2006, 12:48 PM
I raced a beyond member this morning. He beat me :(. Still fun :thumbsup:

Mitsu3000gt
05-30-2006, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by rotten42
SRT-4 SAY NO MORE!!:thumbsdow

:werd: In my opinion, one of the gayest cars available.

Mark

teggypimp95
05-30-2006, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

Mark

Perfectly said. They will be like talons, slowly things will go wrong and they will beging to die untill there are only a few left.

I wounder how long before srt-4 guys come in here and start freeking lol

86max
05-30-2006, 02:47 PM
So I'm not the only one that gets "ricer fly by'd" and "bov'd" by srt-4 drivers constantly? lol

Wait till HeavyD reads this thread :rofl:

Mitsu3000gt
05-30-2006, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by teggypimp95

Perfectly said. They will be like talons, slowly things will go wrong and they will beging to die untill there are only a few left.

Haha I give it until the end of the day. Not only is it typical american build quality, but its just a front wheel drive econo car with a bigger motor. I would not touch one with a 10 foot pole. They can get pretty big HP with mods, but all you still have is a 400HP neon :thumbsdow with front wheel drive :thumbsdow that depreciates faster than Oprah on a baked ham :thumbsdow

Mark

liquidboi69
05-30-2006, 02:58 PM

Mark
Agreed...especially after seeing that closed SRT-4 thread...and how all the SRT-4 owners acted in that thread :thumbsdow

QuasarCav
05-30-2006, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by 86max
So I'm not the only one that gets "ricer fly by'd" and "bov'd" by srt-4 drivers constantly? lol

Wait till HeavyD reads this thread :rofl:

My car is not fast enough to present a challange but I get the good ol' flyby on a daily basis.

Usually a bald guy.

awd
05-30-2006, 03:03 PM
When I moved from Calgary to Red Deer I thought I would be free of the Super Neons trying to race me all the time -- not a chance, Red Deer is worse.

Nissanaddict
05-30-2006, 03:04 PM
What a freaking idiot.

Z_Fan
05-30-2006, 03:09 PM

You know, this is really about the driver - not the car. The driver of the car was a fucking moron. Simple.

He'd be a moron - if he was behaving that way - no matter what car he was driving.

Unfortunately, SRT-4's are cheap and they are moderately quick in stock trim. So you have a lot of people who don't know what a fast car actually is all about being morons in them. Gives the car a bad name beyond the fact that its a Neon.

But, I like mine - and when it runs an 11 second pass, I'll consider selling it. So, maybe this Friday? :devil:

teggypimp95
05-30-2006, 03:10 PM

Haha I give it until the end of the day. Not only is it typical american build quality, but its just a front wheel drive econo car with a bigger motor. I would not touch one with a 10 foot pole. They can get pretty big HP with mods, but all you still have is a 400HP neon :thumbsdow with front wheel drive :thumbsdow that depreciates faster than Oprah on a baked ham :thumbsdow

Mark

Yeah like i said in the srt-4 thread no matter what you do to that thing no matte how fast or what it could beat. i could not even stand sitting in it becuase all i would be thinking is "its still a neon". They guys in that thread wernt to happy. Which caused them to quickly gather up some insults about a GTI.

teggypimp95
05-30-2006, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Z_Fan

You know, this is really about the driver - not the car. The driver of the car was a fucking moron. Simple.

He'd be a moron - if he was behaving that way - no matter what car he was driving.

Unfortunately, SRT-4's are cheap and they are moderately quick in stock trim. So you have a lot of people who don't know what a fast car actually is all about being morons in them. Gives the car a bad name beyond the fact that its a Neon.

But, I like mine - and when it runs an 11 second pass, I'll consider selling it. So, maybe this Friday? :devil:

your dont count dude cuz you got a killer 300zx which is top notch in my books

86max
05-30-2006, 03:23 PM

Exactly! Same with 240sx's, the majority of owners are young with poor driving skills, so the car is given a bad reputation, then everyone that owns one gets labeled as some jdm drifting fanboy who shouldn't be on the road.

Ah well, nothing you can do but let society do its thing.

SilverBoost
05-30-2006, 03:56 PM
I'm all about Darwin evening things out.

Has nothing to do with the car. When you get a car that relatively cheap that can go fast it just gives more different types of people access.

Can you imagine if Ferraris cost 20K? Everyone would hate them. And you'd have every pylon on the planet driving one.

bspot
05-30-2006, 04:00 PM

Mark

And you drive a jetta with a bigger motor :rolleyes:

Ignorant people in this thread. Say what you want about the SRT-4, its still the fastest car for 30K and under and it will beat almost all of the people in this thread, including me. Z Fans will beat every single person in this thread and I'd be willing to put money on it.

Its not the cars fault that a few dumbasses decided to buy them.

sullygully
05-30-2006, 04:02 PM
I posted in a thread on the srt forums, about air ride on a srt. I put some pics up of my neon just so they could get an idea, since no one had posted, and because like we all say, "its still just a neon". Damn, that was a bad idea. lol. Some kid just couldn't except the fact.

I'm all show no go, and i love it. Driving slow is a lot more classy then fly bys. I enjoy a ticket free life too.

teggypimp95
05-30-2006, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by sullygully
I posted in a thread on the srt forums, about air ride on a srt. I put some pics up of my neon just so they could get an idea, since no one had posted, and because like we all say, "its still just a neon". Damn, that was a bad idea. lol. Some kid just couldn't except the fact.

I'm all show no go, and i love it. Driving slow is a lot more classy then fly bys. I enjoy a ticket free life too.

If you enjoy your car, and ur not full of ego and pretending u own the road like some of the other srt-4 guys in this city, then thats cool with me!

bspot
05-30-2006, 04:08 PM

If you enjoy your car, and ur not full of ego and pretending u own the road like some of the other srt-4 guys in this city, then thats cool with me!

Look at his avatar and read his info. He doesn't drive an SRT-4.

T78Supra1
05-30-2006, 04:39 PM
Its true its the Driver most the time not the car.....You get a 17 year old egotistical teenager driving daddies M3 and you will hate M3. The problem is that its a cheap car with a 0% finance rate for 60 months. Which means any kid working at Mcdonalds can get one.

If Nissans or Acuras or Toyotas had a 0% finance rate and a price tag of 26,000 fully then every kid would have one and we would hate them as well.

94teg
05-30-2006, 04:46 PM

You hit the nail on the head!!

Oldskool
05-30-2006, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic

I think I know someone exactly like this lol
was he bald by chance?

Nope, had hair on the head, it was a black SRT-4 with no tint, and it looked like there was no after market exhaust work

how many SRT-4's match that description?:confused:

DC2
05-30-2006, 09:58 PM
there was this guy in a SVX like that. driving fast to catch up and doing the paul walker stare... and than gunning it and slowing down so im beside him again...he had this crazy blue neon light over the dome light.... if hes on this fourm stop ricing your car and spend some money and replace your headlight you silly fool, its burnt out....

stevelou
05-30-2006, 10:15 PM
My favorite example of an SRT-4 driver that needs to let you know that his/her car is fast.... is when you are ahead of them and they gun it behind you and all you see is the driver holding on for life because o-shite he just realized that hes/shes got all that horse power but now suspension/steering to control it! So all you see is the driver jerking the steering wheel from side to side trying to keep the neon on the road.

Not to mention away from your bumper... :nut:

JCX
05-30-2006, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Oldskool

Funny I drive an SRT-4 and nearly every piece of JDM scrapyard dog shit, old beat up integra, RSX, Civic, DSM, etc., etc. tries to race me on the street. You ran into an asshole driver, quit fucking crying about it.

If I wrote about every idiot I see driver I'd need my own forum.

The SRT-4 will always be hated here because it's faster stock than most of the crippled shit boxes the members here drive. Complete with warranty. There are some irresponsible owners... just like any car.

Mitsu3000gt
05-30-2006, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by bspot

And you drive a jetta with a bigger motor :rolleyes:

Ignorant people in this thread. Say what you want about the SRT-4, its still the fastest car for 30K and under and it will beat almost all of the people in this thread, including me. Z Fans will beat every single person in this thread and I'd be willing to put money on it.

Its not the cars fault that a few dumbasses decided to buy them.

Please explain to me how the AUDI S4 is to jetta, as the SRT-4 is to Neon. I'd love to hear your arguements. Seems how they aren't even close to the same car, nor is the Jetta even AWD, this should be a good one! If you can honestly tell me that there are as many similar parts on my S4 as there are on a Jetta as there are on a neon/SRT I'll sell my car and buy an SRT-4.

They share almost NO parts, are $30k different in price, different drive train, the motor is completely different. It's not like every part on the SRT-4 is changed, its a neon with different seats, rims, and a turbo on the motor, and probably a LSD. (obviously a few other minor differences, eg wing/gauges)

I truely do want to hear you back up your claim and I will be anxiously awaiting it because if I bought a Jetta with a big motor in it unknowingly, I want to remedy the situation ASAP.

If there is a car that is close, it is the A4, and even then there are a truck load different parts on the S4. If you want to go even further, its the Passat, but the passat is more of the A6. I'm sorry but its not even close to a jetta.

In any case, I would take even a jetta over an SRT-4 because I know it's actually built well, and is a very solid car. It will also hold some value. It's also not a juiced up econo-car, it was built from the beginning properly. And if I wanted economy, I could buy a jetta, have german build quality, and get 900+ km/tank with the TDI.

Additionally, I'd like to point out that in 2-3 years the SRT-4 will MAYBE be worth 50% of what you paid for it new. Just like any american car, you know its built like a POS when.........

Mark

teggypimp95
05-30-2006, 11:05 PM
So this is funny, right now im coming home from the car wash, i park at a light, im waiting, for it to turn green, and white srt4 pulls up beside me revs his engine like crazy, and his exhaust sounded like my honda lawn mower, and just peels of and looks at me and just goes flying downt he road, just racing him self. and i right away thought of this thread lol

Mitsu3000gt
05-30-2006, 11:08 PM
So this is funny, right now im coming home from the car wash, i park at a light, im waiting, for it to turn green, and white srt4 pulls up beside me revs his engine like crazy, and his exhaust sounded like my honda lawn mower, and just peels of and looks at me and just goes flying downt he road, just racing him self. and i right away thought of this thread lol

Maybe he was in a hurry to get home because he doesn't want to be seen in a Neon that will proably fall apart before the week is over, and when he goes to sell it, it'll be worth a fraction of what he paid for it. :thumbsdow

Mark

90s_tuner
05-30-2006, 11:20 PM
Frick why are they always picking on the slow cars?!

I can't wait to rape one in one of my cars. :whipped:

bspot
05-30-2006, 11:45 PM

Please explain to me how the AUDI S4 is to jetta, as the SRT-4 is to Neon. I'd love to hear your arguements. Seems how they aren't even close to the same car, nor is the Jetta even AWD, this should be a good one! If you can honestly tell me that there are as many similar parts on my S4 as there are on a Jetta as there are on a neon/SRT I'll sell my car and buy an SRT-4.

They share almost NO parts, are $30k different in price, different drive train, the motor is completely different. It's not like every part on the SRT-4 is changed, its a neon with different seats, rims, and a turbo on the motor, and probably a LSD. (obviously a few other minor differences, eg wing/gauges)

I truely do want to hear you back up your claim and I will be anxiously awaiting it because if I bought a Jetta with a big motor in it unknowingly, I want to remedy the situation ASAP.

If there is a car that is close, it is the A4, and even then there are a truck load different parts on the S4. If you want to go even further, its the Passat, but the passat is more of the A6. I'm sorry but its not even close to a jetta.

In any case, I would take even a jetta over an SRT-4 because I know it's actually built well, and is a very solid car. It will also hold some value. It's also not a juiced up econo-car, it was built from the beginning properly. And if I wanted economy, I could buy a jetta, have german build quality, and get 900+ km/tank with the TDI.

Additionally, I'd like to point out that in 2-3 years the SRT-4 will MAYBE be worth 50% of what you paid for it new. Just like any american car, you know its built like a POS when.........

Mark

Go drive a neon, then go drive an SRT-4. Its not just a neon with a bigger engine.

Yes your car is more different than a jetta, but still your statement was rediculous.

And go blow goats with your "German build quality". Yet another german car driver who has a pole shoved up his ass and is conceded for no reason. VW was pulling up the rear of quality surveys for years in recent history, lagging far behind all american manufacturers.

Tell your German engineering to go eat a dick. Enjoy your mechanic visits.

http://www.jdpa.com/presspass/pr/images/2004037bfull.gif

*My apoligies to German car owners that aren't stuck up dick heads, I have no problems with you.

bspot
05-30-2006, 11:54 PM
This one is more fun. Long term results.

Oh no zee german auto is lowa!

http://www.jdpower.com/pdf/2005089.pdf

Vehicles
J.D. Power and Associates
2005 Vehicle Dependability StudySM (VDS)
Lexus 139
Porsche 149
Lincoln 151
Buick 163
Cadillac 175
Infiniti 178
Toyota 194
Mercury 195
Honda 201
Acura 203
BMW 225
Ford 231
Chevrolet 232
Chrysler 235
Industry Average 237
Saturn 240
Oldsmobile 242
GMC 245
Pontiac 245
Mazda 252
Hyundai 260
Subaru 260
Volvo 266
Jaguar 268
Dodge 273
Nissan 275
Mitsubishi 278
Mercedes-Benz 283
Saab 286
Jeep 289
Suzuki 292
Audi 312
Daewoo 318
Isuzu 331
Volkswagen 335
MINI 383
Land Rover 395
Kia 397

I :love: German engineering.

andres_mt
05-31-2006, 12:07 AM

Mark

:werd: X 1000

LilDrunkenSmurf
05-31-2006, 12:22 AM
SRT-4's are decent cars... BUT they are given a bad rep, just like Honda Civics... They are just owned by the wrong people... now this did turn into a slightly bashin thread... but the main points are:
SRT-4's are owned by a lot of jackasses (guys with 30k sitting around)
Older "Ricey" Imports are owned by a lot of teenage guys (like myself... :angel: )

Now... SRT-4's are econo cars... with upgrades... thats how they justify the 30k... I personally dislike domestics... but they are decent cars. JDM's are also decent cars (some are rust buckets... but i've seen quite a few nice ones)

It all depends on the person driving/owning the car.

In the end.
SRT-4's are neons...
JDM's are (sometimes) shitboxes...

It's a never ending debate...

Mitsu3000gt
05-31-2006, 12:23 AM
A) I have driven a SRT-4, and my friend has a neon. Neither impress me at all. No reputable sports car is FWD either.

Also, I'd like to point out on the first list that it's all american cars below "industry average" and BMW is above that average. Additionally, on the second list, #1 and #2 are imports, 1 jap, 1 german.

B) LOL I can't believe you guys brought out the JD Power and associates. They are run by a team of 60+ year old caddy/buick lovers. Im sure you will disagree with this, but that is only natural because this is your only factual arguement available and you must run with it. I truely believe that someone who even knew nothing about cars could sit in the cockpit and drive each car and tell you that, say, the BMW was built better than the Buick/caddy. Take the $100,000 Viper for example...it has the exact same radio in it as my friends PT Cruiser - he's the one that noticed, not me. I also reached under the dash in this viper and discovered a rats nest of wires/duct tape - for $100,000? No thanks, I dont care how fast it is. That being said, higher end cars generally have significantly more options and it is possible for them to break. I would like to see though, something that rated their powertrains because they are rock solid.

C) You can't honestly tell me that german engineering sucks.They don't need 3.8L supercharged V6's to make 250HP with an ANCIENT push rod engine (Grand Prix's). American cars rarely use technology, they just increase displacement (almost any car can be used as an example here) They always cut corners, and thats why there is more seams and plastic shit in american cars. Some are still using 4 speed automatics. American cars are the cheapest to build by far, and american cars share components of their lower end cars with their super high end cars. A $60,000 full load ford explorer costs $9000 to build - I'm going to go out on a limb and say Acura MDX's and such cost more to build and they are the same price. They are not absolute garbage, and some have come a long way, but honestly they are just a cut below imports.

Also, they dont think too much for themselves. Ford fusion = mazda 6 because they can't make a good car on their own. Ford escape = mazda tribute (same reason as before), For the Saturn VUE, they bought the honda V6 off of honda because they couldnt make their own good motor for it, and that was why lots of people bought them, because the motor was a honda. Also look at trucks - americans have been making them for ever, first year nissan makes a truck (titan) there wasnt 1 magazine I didn't see a comparison in that it didn't win, I subscribe to 5. Also, I forgot the Toyota matrix, rebadged and sold as a pontiac. When's the last time you heard of a german car brand buying an american car and badging it their own? Or even a jap car brand buying an american one and making it their own? I don't believe it's ever happened, and if it did, I'd be surprised and I assure you it doesn't happen often.

I know they KNOW how to make one, they just don't. Europe is full of examples of high technology american cars and good motors.

D) I have yet to hear any sort of arguement whatsoever against how fast american cars depreciate...hmmm I wonder why - they cost nothing to build and are made poorly out of low-tech parts.

E) This debate is becoming pointless and will likely be closed because everyone, including myself, has a strong opinion. I like argueing, and I'm not trying to be an ass, but I will argue. At this point, arguing either side is a waste of time. I will apoligize if I have offended anyone, but I am entitled to my own opinion, just like you guys are.

Mark

MidnightDreamer
05-31-2006, 01:17 AM
There's no rule saying an engineer can't turn a Neon into a rediculously fast car available to consumers at an economic price... But whatever team that engineered this vehicle should be put to death for desecrating whatever unwritten rules there were for creating a car of this nature. Building a respectable car using a Neon as a platform is just a joke... but making such a powerful vehicle where any JoeBlow employee of McDicks can buy one out of the blue just makes me sick... This is all my opinion of course... but I honestly see all owners of an SRT-4 to be a spoiled child at heart who doesn't have the patience (in earning), money, or self respect to drive a real car. Kudos to Dodge for thier greed driven venture in delivering us this joke...

CalgaryB5
05-31-2006, 02:49 AM
C) You can't honestly tell me that german engineering sucks.They don't need 3.8L supercharged V6's to make 250HP with an ANCIENT push rod engine (Grand Prix's). American cars rarely use technology, they just increase displacement (almost any car can be used as an example here) They always cut corners,

I know they KNOW how to make one, they just don't. Europe is full of examples of high technology american cars and good motors.

Ya. How do you explain the latest and greatest 2.5L 5cyl engine from VW? WOW….. with whooping 150hp. Wasn’t that BMW has a 2.5L like 10 ago with 193hp? As of today standard by consumer it must have some hp figures passes 200hp. Do you think the VW 2.5L engine design by crackhead and using cheap parts?

Ok. Japanese can make a 2.0L turbo years ago produce 280hp then why the VW can only make a 2.0T FSI only make 200hp after they ‘P.I.M.P. your ride’ on the GTI Golf?

What you pay is what you get.

CalgaryB5
05-31-2006, 02:51 AM
This one is more fun. Long term results.

Oh no zee german auto is lowa!

http://www.jdpower.com/pdf/2005089.pdf

Vehicles
J.D. Power and Associates
2005 Vehicle Dependability StudySM (VDS)
Lexus 139
Porsche 149
Lincoln 151
Buick 163
Cadillac 175
Infiniti 178
Toyota 194
Mercury 195
Honda 201
Acura 203
BMW 225
Ford 231
Chevrolet 232
Chrysler 235
Industry Average 237
Saturn 240
Oldsmobile 242
GMC 245
Pontiac 245
Mazda 252
Hyundai 260
Subaru 260
Volvo 266
Jaguar 268
Dodge 273
Nissan 275
Mitsubishi 278
Mercedes-Benz 283
Saab 286
Jeep 289
Suzuki 292
Audi 312
Daewoo 318
Isuzu 331
Volkswagen 335
MINI 383
Land Rover 395
Kia 397

I :love: German engineering.

No surprise from a past enthusiast…………………

Somebody is defending their whooping 4 ring Audi and VW. Heehe. Sorry bro. I used to be loyal to them but now I will not get any VAG cars in my life time. It was because all the nightmares in the past. Shitty oem parts and the customer service runs by morons. Reliability on their cars remains UNCHANGED all-time-low for years. I think the GERMAN BUILD QUALITY is history and it is not worth defending. You only get the quality engineering products base on the price tag for German. VAG group has openly admitted that the AUDI brand is a repackage sporty and luxury VW. So how much of a difference there? Did you read carefully the logos(4-ring & VW) on the parts?

Ya. Those reliability reports reflect how I feel about VAG without any doubts. They are da shiz.
:thumbsdow

Lexxan
05-31-2006, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by JCX

Funny I drive an SRT-4 and nearly every piece of JDM scrapyard dog shit, old beat up integra, RSX, Civic, DSM, etc., etc. tries to race me on the street. You ran into an asshole driver, quit fucking crying about it.

The SRT-4 will always be hated here because it's faster stock than most of the crippled shit boxes the members here drive. Complete with warranty. There are some irresponsible owners... just like any car.

you own a DODGE. Your posting rights on this forum are revoked. shut up.

Mitsu3000gt
05-31-2006, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by CalgaryB5

Ya. How do you explain the latest and greatest 2.5L 5cyl engine from VW? WOW….. with whooping 150hp. Wasn’t that BMW has a 2.5L like 10 ago with 193hp? As of today standard by consumer it must have some hp figures passes 200hp. Do you think the VW 2.5L engine design by crackhead and using cheap parts?

Ok. Japanese can make a 2.0L turbo years ago produce 280hp then why the VW can only make a 2.0T FSI only make 200hp after they ‘P.I.M.P. your ride’ on the GTI Golf?

What you pay is what you get.

Your only supporting my arguement by saying BMW had a 2.5L 193hp motor 10 years ago. As for the 2.5L in line 5, that's 1 motor, and I've never heard of it before - look at 95% of their other motors. I am talking about the majority of american motors when I made the claims I did. Additionally I love jap cars, and am not saying a single bad thing about them. I am not exclusively pro-german, I am only anti-american car. These days Hyundai's are built better IMO.

Let's look at another one - the Ford Cube van, a 4.6L V8 making 190HP - pathetic!

Provide me an extensive list of POS current german/jap cars with low technology, that magazines dont like, and that have been just dressed up from existing models and I'll shut up.

Everyone, even the americans, have some good motors, its just that some brands have FAR more than others - take a look at the top 10 best engines list. Two of them are american (I think both truck engines, where the germans dont even have a truck to compete with so of course it goes to the americans), the rest imports, and the top 2 from BMW.

When I was in europe I talked to several locals in the places I went and when I used a name like caddy or lincoln they laughed at me and told me they consider those cars to be shit. I guess they know nothing either, having to drive on the autobahn/autostrada all day long and all....

A while ago we test drove a Pontiac Montana, and the whole dash popped up and out - only little plastic clips holding it on, and it was at least 2 pieces - you would never see that in an import, nor should I EVER be driving and my dash pops off. Another friend of mine owns a Crysler 300M - At 140 km/h, 2 pieces of his wood trim fell onto the floor. Another one of my friends has a Chevy Lumina, one day he shut the door and his side view mirror cracked and fell off. Another day he shut his hood and his emblem flew off, and anoher day yet he was just driving and his dash board fell onto his lap.

One of my friend's dad has a Caddillac Escalade - I think it cost him $80,000+. Under the front seat is a rats nest of wires, PLASTIC b-pillar covers did not fit flushly at all and were beginning to warp, and there were hot glue traces/lines between all he roof vents on the cheap fuzzy roof material. All the buttons were huge with a cheap feel and sometimes got stuck when I pushed them. Additionally, all it is is a dressed up Yukon for $80,000+? No thankyou!

As I said before I subscribe to 5 car magazines (all the main ones like C&D, motor trend, wheels, etc.) and I can say with 100% certainty that 95%+ of the comparison tests/shootouts are won by jap/german cars and last place is 95% of the time something american. On over half of the american car reviews I read about in these magazines, I read...dated technology.....quality issues....etc. etc. - I suppose their all smoking crack too then.

Perhaps you can also tell me why Car and Driver's 10 best cars have only 3/10 american for 2006, 4/10 in 2005 and 2/10 in 2004? Shouldn't every car on there be american? Damn these guys must all be high.

American car companies are not doing so good right now at all - I wonder why? I also wonder why they always offer 0% financing, $1000's of dollars cash back, free gas, etc. etc. When's the last time you saw Honda, BMW, Mercedes, etc. play games like that? All of their companies are thriving. They don't have to play games, if you don't buy the car the next guy in line will.

Lastly, what you pay is what you get except in the case of things like Lincoln/Caddy where they are marginally better than their $30,000 stuff for $70,000 and priced along side BMW, Mercedes, etc. The americans generally (some exceptions, like the vette, ford GT) take existing cars and dress them up and add $1000's to the price tag, where in most cases the imports actually make an effort to improve upon or completey re-design.

Here is a link to forbes magazine's top 10 high resale cars, if american cars are high quality, tell me why there isn't a single one on this list? Surely if american cars are so superior, they would be desirable in the used market and hold even ONE place on this list...but they don't.

I have yet to hear someone come up with an arguement to why if american cars are built so well, they have no resale? Why are $80,000 cadillacs $20,000 after 3 years? Why are $60,000 AUDI S4's $30,000 after 6 years? You can see that difference in almost any american vs jap/german used car example. They do not hold their resale value and there are reasons for that!

If you had to unexpectedly or even expectedly sell your car, don't you care that you will only get a fraction of what you paid back compared to other brands?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11962665/

If german/jap is so shitty, I want a large number of current examples of american product that win all the comparison tests, exceed the germans/japs in most departments, have outstanding resale, and make up most of/are the top of alot of top 10 or top whatever lists. I think you won't be able to find any. About the only category the americans excell in is the muscle car category - because the japs/germans don't make one.

Mark

Mitsu3000gt
05-31-2006, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by CalgaryB5

No surprise from a past enthusiast…………………

Somebody is defending their whooping 4 ring Audi and VW. Heehe. Sorry bro. I used to be loyal to them but now I will not get any VAG cars in my life time. It was because all the nightmares in the past. Shitty oem parts and the customer service runs by morons. Reliability on their cars remains UNCHANGED all-time-low for years. I think the GERMAN BUILD QUALITY is history and it is not worth defending. You only get the quality engineering products base on the price tag for German. VAG group has openly admitted that the AUDI brand is a repackage sporty and luxury VW. So how much of a difference there? Did you read carefully the logos(4-ring & VW) on the parts?

Ya. Those reliability reports reflect how I feel about VAG without any doubts. They are da shiz.

Not once did I ever make reference to my personal car and say it was better than anyone elses. I am argueing against the quality of american products in general. Myself and my father own german cars and have yet to visit a mechanic for reasons other than routine maitenence. They have been the most reliable cars we've owned. I also have a friend with a Jetta that gets treated like garbage and is driven poorly (its a manual). That car has yet to see the mechanic also. Any car can be plagued with problems, and it sounds like you just had some bad luck with your VW.

I also think you have some serious homework to do if you think all AUDI's are re-badged VW's. There couldn't be a statement further from the truth. Every part I've taken off my car had the 4 rings and said genuine audi....never a mention of VW. I'd like to see the article you apparently read where the CEO of AUDI is saying "My product is nothing more than a rebadged VW"

Mark

SilverBoost
05-31-2006, 11:03 AM
Fuck this thread is amusing as hell..... I can't believe people are even getting bent out of shape over it.

I could give a shit what anyone drives, or how they drive it as long as they don't get in my way, cause an accident, or basically anything that involves me.

I drive a fucking Nissan Sentra for Gods Sake.... I see grandmothers driving SPEC Vs. Sure mine has 300hp, and it's a ton of fun, but I don't care who likes it, or who doesn't, or who thinks its Rice. This car also has one of the worst serviec records for my build year and I haven't had any problems with it, so that's how much that matters if you look after shit.

But really, in the end who gives a fuck what has more power, or better service records, or who drives what....

Just bring it out to the track and pound the shit out of each others cars there and be done with it.

If you don't want to race then don't. If someone is egging you on, ignore them... what are you 12? If you do want to race, then just do it and get on with your life.

:drama:

Toms-SC
05-31-2006, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by SilverBoost

But really, in the end who gives a fuck what has more power, or better service records, or who drives what....

Just bring it out to the track and pound the shit out of each others cars there and be done with it.

Amen :clap:

CalgaryB5
05-31-2006, 11:16 AM

Not once did I ever make reference to my personal car and say it was better than anyone elses. I am argueing against the quality of american products in general. Myself and my father own german cars and have yet to visit a mechanic for reasons other than routine maitenence. They have been the most reliable cars we've owned. I also have a friend with a Jetta that gets treated like garbage and is driven poorly (its a manual). That car has yet to see the mechanic also. Any car can be plagued with problems, and it sounds like you just had some bad luck with your VW.

I also think you have some serious homework to do if you think all AUDI's are re-badged VW's. There couldn't be a statement further from the truth. Every part I've taken off my car had the 4 rings and said genuine audi....never a mention of VW. I'd like to see the article you apparently read where the CEO of AUDI is saying "My product is nothing more than a rebadged VW"

Mark

I’ve done my homework and VAG didn’t offer the latest and greatest. I’ll get something better, never look back and continue to ignore the VAG crap.

Back on topic: No matter what you drive, it’s always the drivers’ fault.

Everyone happy now?

bspot
05-31-2006, 11:30 AM
Too much stuff to quote so I'll break down the points:

JD Powers is from buick lovers:

Its actually based on the number of reported problems per 100 vehicles. Its completely subjective. Its not because they love Buicks.

Engines:

I'm not going to argue too much on this one. The engines on the best engine list weren't all truck engines though. Their supercharged 2.0L was on there. The LS1,LS2 and LS7 are all highly regarded engines. The new direct injection 260hp turbo 2.0L is also pretty nifty. Their dinosaur 60 degree V6's are pretty out dated... no arguing here.

Fit and finish:

Sucks compared to most others. Thats why its cheaper. I like you am waiting for them to get their act together on this. This is part of what kills resale value in my opinion.

But porsche is high on that one list!

Yes it is, the rest are all below every American manufacturer.

Ford can't even build a car so they rip off a Mazda:

Thats like saying Opel can't build a car so they rip off a Saturn. Ford had their hand in the Mazda 6 and Mazda 3. The 3 is based off the European focus. Ford engines too I think???

Saturn had to buy a Honda V6:

Thats because Honda had to buy a GM transmission.

I'm not saying American cars are amazing, I'm just saying they won't fall apart in 3 months like people assume...

JCX
05-31-2006, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Lexxan

you own a DODGE. Your posting rights on this forum are revoked. shut up.

Wow, a douchebag in a Silverado wants to take my posting rights away. :(

I drive a Dodge because I want to, not because I have to. Don't I get bonus points because Daimler Chrysler is part German? :whocares:

Mitsu3000gt
05-31-2006, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by bspot I'm not saying American cars are amazing, I'm just saying they won't fall apart in 3 months like people assume... [/B]

Thats basically what I'm trying to get across - they obviously aren't complete shit or there wouldn't be any on the roads. I am just trying to argue that the german/jap products are a significant cut above american product, and by the sounds of it you agree.

The JD Power and associates is based on problems per 100 vehicles or whatever, but I would like to know how many problems are the manufactuer's fault and how many problems are because of retarded people using them wrong. The more gadgets the vehicle has, the more things people can be stupid with - just a thought.

I also noted that the americans do have SOME good motors, and you pointed out which ones they were - no problems there. Especially their europe spec stuff.

Sounds like we are more less on the same page,

Mark

JCX
05-31-2006, 11:59 AM

Thats basically what I'm trying to get across - they obviously aren't complete shit or there wouldn't be any on the roads. I am just trying to argue that the german/jap products are a significant cut above american product, and by the sounds of it you agree.

The JD Power and associates is based on problems per 100 vehicles or whatever, but I would like to know how many problems are the manufactuer's fault and how many problems are because of retarded people using them wrong. The more gadgets the vehicle has, the more things people can be stupid with - just a thought.

I also noted that the americans do have SOME good motors, and you pointed out which ones they were - no problems there. Especially their europe spec stuff.

Sounds like we are more less on the same page,

Mark

You can try to make excuses for JD Power reports all you want, but they are highly regarded. Funny though, my brothers Acura TL was a bunch of trouble. My Neon and SRT-4 have had nothing go wrong. Strange, maybe someone forgot to tell them what country they were from? A couple of friends with VWs have had nothing but problems.

I firmly believe that the reliability gap between domestic, Japanese and German cars is small and shrinking fast. Furthermore, many "Japansese" cars are more and more "American".

T78Supra1
05-31-2006, 12:13 PM
The Problem with SRT-4's is there class....Originally they were built to compete with Subaru STI, Mitsubishi Evo, Peugeot 206 Rally and even the Ford Fucus WRC. However in order to fully compete they would need to create an all wheel drive. Which put the car easilly in the 30,000 +. So dodge trying to achieve the young market and not having any experience in the 4 door turbo charged all weel drive department. opted out in making a rally car.

So what the SRT4 really is....is a car with no identity.
Not a rally or a drag or a difter....just a pimped out neon.

Hense you get the punks that want to race everything on wheels

GQBalla
05-31-2006, 01:09 PM
:guns: :guns: :guns: to the orange srt-4 that decided to do some ricer fly bys and cut me off while im mergin on deerfoot.

yesterday night im comin home from work merging onto deerfoot i shoulder check no one there, all the sudden im halfway out of the merge lane and a srt-4 pops outta no where cuts me off almost hit me i had to cut back into the merge lane or else there would have been a crash. 30 feet in front of me there was a car, srt-4 had to slam on his brakes in order to not hit the car.

we both turn off onto mcknight and he still goes and drives like a idiot.

it was a pretty nice car with a bov. but honestly almost clips me and rear ends another car all in 2 seconds time......

get a life

Mitsu3000gt
05-31-2006, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by JCX

You can try to make excuses for JD Power reports all you want, but they are highly regarded. Funny though, my brothers Acura TL was a bunch of trouble. My Neon and SRT-4 have had nothing go wrong. Strange, maybe someone forgot to tell them what country they were from? A couple of friends with VWs have had nothing but problems.

I firmly believe that the reliability gap between domestic, Japanese and German cars is small and shrinking fast. Furthermore, many "Japansese" cars are more and more "American".

I really am not making excuses, I understand that its problems per 100 cars.....there is no way that you can tell me, however, that every one of those problems is the car's fault and not the user, which is why I don't think much of JD power.

I also fully admitted that no matter what you buy, it can be plagued with problems - I don't care who makes it. All my arguements are for the general american product. Just because a car is made in japan or germany doesn't mean its immune to problems, I am talking build quality here - the way things fit together, the way things sound when you shut the door, the way they stand up to being driven like a race car every day, etc.

It sounds to me like your digging pretty hard to find things to "call" me on, and half of them I've already openly admitted. Perhaps you should read my posts some more.

You seem so knowledgeable, please explain to me why american car companies right now are struggling, why they advertise more than any other company, why they have bad resale, and why they offer all sorts of incentives for people to buy? You can also tell me why they hardly win any comparison tests. - Oh wait, you cant because the hard facts are there, for everyone to see, in the magazines and on TV.

You agree that there is a gap in quality between the two, so we agree on that, all the problem is I think is that I feel the gap is larger than you do. Just a difference in opinion is all. All i'm argueing is that there is a gap there, and I never said american cars are shit, I'll say it again - all im saying is that there is a significant difference in build quality, most people agree, the facts are there, and it shows. End of story.

Mark

Oldskool
05-31-2006, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
:guns: :guns: :guns: to the orange srt-4 that decided to do some ricer fly bys and cut me off while im mergin on deerfoot.

yesterday night im comin home from work merging onto deerfoot i shoulder check no one there, all the sudden im halfway out of the merge lane and a srt-4 pops outta no where cuts me off almost hit me i had to cut back into the merge lane or else there would have been a crash. 30 feet in front of me there was a car, srt-4 had to slam on his brakes in order to not hit the car.

we both turn off onto mcknight and he still goes and drives like a idiot.

it was a pretty nice car with a bov. but honestly almost clips me and rear ends another car all in 2 seconds time......

get a life
did it have like a blue decal on the side, and did the guy driving it have reddish hair?

GQBalla
05-31-2006, 01:54 PM
^^^^ maybe about the blueish decal.

he could have had redish hair too for sure he was caucasian.

the srt-4 has guage pod, bov.

thats all i say.

young guy definatly

thesmackdown
05-31-2006, 01:56 PM
If I were to race anything on the street I wouldnt waste time with garbage like these SRT4's. The stock ones are not fast, well maybe to the owner's who are used to driving 120hp cavaliers it is. They are cool when they are modded up. BUT it would have to be something so great that it would be worth the risk, aka the chance to burn a ferrari.

But what is the fun in racing an SRT? Anything built by dodge and that resembles a neon is just gangly in my opinion.

more and more japanese cars are american? hmmm odd you say that, 90% of the parts all come from taiwan or china so who cares where they are assembled the parts all come from the same 6 year old who is chained up working 20 hours a day. the cheap parts are then shipped to mexico where they are put together for 4 dollars an hour.

NOW that is the greatness of american!

sullygully
Are the golf's still built in mexico, or is that old news?

bspot

I really am not making excuses, I understand that its problems per 100 cars.....there is no way that you can tell me, however, that every one of those problems is the car's fault and not the user, which is why I don't think much of JD power.

I also fully admitted that no matter what you buy, it can be plagued with problems - I don't care who makes it. All my arguements are for the general american product. Just because a car is made in japan or germany doesn't mean its immune to problems, I am talking build quality here - the way things fit together, the way things sound when you shut the door, the way they stand up to being driven like a race car every day, etc.

It sounds to me like your digging pretty hard to find things to "call" me on, and half of them I've already openly admitted. Perhaps you should read my posts some more.

You seem so knowledgeable, please explain to me why american car companies right now are struggling, why they advertise more than any other company, why they have bad resale, and why they offer all sorts of incentives for people to buy? You can also tell me why they hardly win any comparison tests. - Oh wait, you cant because the hard facts are there, for everyone to see, in the magazines and on TV.

You agree that there is a gap in quality between the two, so we agree on that, all the problem is I think is that I feel the gap is larger than you do. Just a difference in opinion is all. All i'm argueing is that there is a gap there, and I never said american cars are shit, I'll say it again - all im saying is that there is a significant difference in build quality, most people agree, the facts are there, and it shows. End of story.

Mark

Ok, lets say the quality survey includes problems caused by drivers. Are you saying drivers of german cars are dumber than drivers of american cars so they cause more problems then? ;)

Pick one of the two. The cars have problems or the people that buy them are for some reason more stupid.

The way a door closes, the way things fit together etc isn't build quality. Its fit and finish. If the door falls off, thats build quality.

bspot
05-31-2006, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by sullygully
Are the golf's still built in mexico, or is that old news?

GTI's are germany. No clue about Golfs (or rabbits as its rumored they will be called again).

Ekliptix
05-31-2006, 02:05 PM
I got spanked by a 4 banger again this morning on the way to work.:banghead:

sullygully
05-31-2006, 02:07 PM
i own a neon and a bmw, the bmw is my beater and i drive the shit out of it, as for the neon, i spent way to much money modding and i drive it like a grandma.

I must have been droped on my head as a child, :nut:

Mitsu3000gt
05-31-2006, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by bspot The way a door closes, the way things fit together etc isn't build quality.[/B]

Thatis the most ridiculous statement I think I've ever heard. That is the definition of build quality. Your telling me I could build the biggest piece of shit bucket of bolts rattle box and if nothing fell apart thats quality? :confused:

Mark

Z_Fan
05-31-2006, 02:25 PM
I beat the absolute shit out of my SRT-4 at the track. Full RPM clutch pops into 100km/H smoke filling the passenger compartment burnouts bouncing off the rev limiter like a pyshco. Full RPM clutch popping launches. Gear changes are WOT with the rev limiter getting smacked as a find the next gear. This car is downright abused, thrashed, beaten like a red-headed step child.

It's still going strong. Nothing wrong with it at all. No unscheduled maintenance or broken components. This thing is built to be abused. Pushing 400whp on stock block. So, if you think the SRT-4 is going to fall apart because it is poorly built, well, you're just extremely uninformed. They built the SRT-4 to be abused. Plain and simple. And they did a wonderful job. Mine goes from here, to the race track, and back. Nothing but serious abuse and I can't put a chink in its armor.

Hell, I've got to try harder to break this thing. I'm hoping a full on drag slick, with a high RPM clutch-popping launch will break some components. We'll see on Friday I guess. But if I can't break this car the way I'm driving it, I'm just not sure how to make it fail. Trust me, I'm trying my hardest.

I'd be happy if I could just break an axle. Something. Anything! I thought I had the clutch beat beyond repair, and even that SOB just won't fucking die!

I've never been more abusive to any car I've ever owned. This little POS Neon is one tough SOB. I guarantee, if I thrashed my 350z like this, I'd have shaken it right apart. Nothing I've ever owned could have stood up to this type of abuse. Nothing. Period. So, say what you will, the fact is the SRT-4 is one seriously tough customer.

That being said, however, you still won't ever see me pull up beside you and rev my engine. I can leave that to the asshats who like to do that, and will eventually be caught street racing.

See you at the track. :devil:

Z_Fan
05-31-2006, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Ekliptix
I got spanked by a 4 banger again this morning on the way to work.:banghead:

Dude, I hate to break it to you, but those 1988 Chevy Sprints only have 3 cylinders.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. ;)

Mitsu3000gt
05-31-2006, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Z_Fan So, if you think the SRT-4 is going to fall apart because it is poorly built, well, you're just extremely uninformed.

How many times to I have to say it, AMERICAN CARS ARE NOT SHIT, just a cut below. I never said they'd fall apart or anything Jesus. I also said (I forget if it was this thread or not) that they are certainly capable of excellent HP numbers on all stock components. My ONLY beef with that is FWD.

Like I said, you guys are all trying so hard to find things to go at me with - do more reading you will find I disagree with very little you're saying.

Mark

Z_Fan
05-31-2006, 04:39 PM
I'm just stating my experience with the SRT-4. ;)

It is what it is - but it's apparently not going to fall apart. Despite my best efforts. :(

Mitsu3000gt
05-31-2006, 05:30 PM
I have an idea.

How about nobody posts any more, because it is getting rediculous.

Nobody is ever going to change anybodies mind, so its a waste of typing. It feels good to get you arguements out but when I think about it I'm sure nobody is changing anyone's mind. People will continue to buy what they think is best/what suits them best.

Mark

Akagi
05-31-2006, 05:49 PM
Wow, This thread got out of hand pretty quickly.

Lets talk about * street racers *
rather then a SRT-4 Rant.

Ohnestly Some people love those vehicles, so why do you have to hate on them for doing so as much as you do?

Everybody likes different things, if we all liked the same cars, there would be 1 million civics on the road, and nothing else, that would get boring.

Now the people who own srt4's give them a bad name and Yes that is reason to get mad at them for it, however don't give all srt owners a bad name. Thats like being racist against the black man.
Because a few black guys shot someone? there are plenty of decent people out there flip.

Some people love the srt-4 there is nothing you can do about that.
just like some people actually love a honda civic, or some people love a Dodge TRUCK! doesnt mean just because you don't like it you have to bash it..

Now ** BACK ON TOPIC **

I have a really loud exaust on my prelude, and it seems everytime I'm driving somewhere SOMEBODY Wants to race me or give me a ricer flybye...

Just driving home from the WHC club some yahoo in a truck gives me a ricer fly by and tries to intiate a race...

I've had civics, beamers, trucks, mini vans,
everybody tries to race me and its ridiculous.

I did break down to race somebody, that was someone in a Dodge magnum Hemi! haha they are seriously fast.
I had no chance.

anyways its ridiculous how people out there just wanto see if there car is faster then yours just because you look like a racer or have loud exaust.

I got a loud exaust because I like hearing the sound of my car when I drive, I very rarely drive with music.

not to show people how fast or unfast I am..

Its just ridiculous

Anybody else have some Street racing moments??
Aside from allt hose SRT4's out there?

94teg
05-31-2006, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by JCX

another srt owner getting defensive.... another reason is that the srt looks like a bag of shit. you can make anything fast if you know what your doing.

bspot
05-31-2006, 11:16 PM

Maybe he was in a hurry to get home because he doesn't want to be seen in a Neon that will proably fall apart before the week is over

Mark

I never said they'd fall apart or anything Jesus.

Quoted for contradiction.

Mitsu3000gt
05-31-2006, 11:31 PM

LOL That was clearly a joke, which is why i never used that comment in any of my actual threads where I argued. I was obviously just playin around - I thought that to be blatently obvious to anyone with intelligence it was a joke - apparently I was wrong. Nobody would actually think that. YET ANOTHER case where people dig way to hard to try call me on something.

Please listen to my previous post and lets all give it a rest!!

Mark

Tha VZA
05-31-2006, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Akagi
Wow, This thread got out of hand pretty quickly....

I got a loud exaust because I like hearing the sound of my car when I drive, I very rarely drive with music.

agreed...way out of hand...like 90% of the threads on beyond.ca

a lot off topic from this thread, but like everything else isn't anyway

i have a question for you, not trying to attack you here just curious, this goes out to anyone else who wishes to comment as well

a loud exhaust TO ME is not hearing the sound of your car...it's just what you say it is in the first portion of your statement, a loud exhaust

hearing your car TO ME is hearing the engine, hearing the forced induction (turbo/super if you have them), hearing VTEC (again if you have it) engage is even kinda cool

but hearing your exhaust and saying you like hearing your car...i dont buy that, unless you drive it at WOT 95% of the time, you arn't hearing the exhaust, you are hearing a kazoo on the end of a tailpipe

you know?

ciao

Kennyredline
06-01-2006, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Tha VZA

i have a question for you, not trying to attack you here just curious, this goes out to anyone else who wishes to comment as well

a loud exhaust TO ME is not hearing the sound of your car...it's just what you say it is in the first portion of your statement, a loud exhaust

hearing your car TO ME is hearing the engine, hearing the forced induction (turbo/super if you have them), hearing VTEC (again if you have it) engage is even kinda cool

but hearing your exhaust and saying you like hearing your car...i dont buy that, unless you drive it at WOT 95% of the time, you arn't hearing the exhaust, you are hearing a kazoo on the end of a tailpipe

you know?

ciao
kazoo...thats funny! its so true...very few cars actually have a "true" exhaust note...its all whizzers and air deflectors in the pipes to make it sound....well...shitty in most cases. Porsches have the most natural sounding engine noise....a nice whirring as the engine revs up...not an ear-popping machine-gun-in-a-sewer-pipe racket. Even Ferraris have a modified exhaust note...they make it sound great, of course...but is that the way the engine really sounds? I have alot of respect for import cars and what the guys(and girls...?) here can do to them, but if I want to listen to a chainsaw...I'll go to B.C.

Akagi
06-01-2006, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Tha VZA

you know?

ciao

Let me rephrase what I said. Right now I have a 1991 prelude.. its nothing fancy and i'm not spending much money on it.

So I won't hear gorgeous * engine sounds with that car*

I like to hear the car, whether it be exaust or engine or what, because I like the deep tone it makes! only reason why I put exuast on it.

Actually if you heard my exaust it reflects the engine indefinately! the exaust sound even changed significantly when I put a short ram air intake in the engine.

Now I understand hearing the ENGINE is something completely differnet like you stated, however

I wont get an engine out of that beast for the money I wanto spend in her worth hearing! so I got an exaust..

To each his own right??

Either way people hear it, thing ricer, and wanto smoke me just so they can say they raced a ricer..

Its quite stupid. Just because I have exaust doesnt mean I wanto rip up and down the streets.

-- dont bring up the DRIFTING! cause of me saying what I just said, I alreday told you I got caught up I was wrong I learned my lesson -.

But people try to race and its dumb..

Z_Fan
06-01-2006, 03:06 PM

*HAHAHAH*

Quoted for my personal amusement.

Aleks
06-01-2006, 03:11 PM
I sure hope you don't try to sell your car on here :rofl: :rofl:

I beat the absolute shit out of my SRT-4 at the track. Full RPM clutch pops into 100km/H smoke filling the passenger compartment burnouts bouncing off the rev limiter like a pyshco. Full RPM clutch popping launches. Gear changes are WOT with the rev limiter getting smacked as a find the next gear. This car is downright abused, thrashed, beaten like a red-headed step child.

It's still going strong. Nothing wrong with it at all. No unscheduled maintenance or broken components. This thing is built to be abused. Pushing 400whp on stock block. So, if you think the SRT-4 is going to fall apart because it is poorly built, well, you're just extremely uninformed. They built the SRT-4 to be abused. Plain and simple. And they did a wonderful job. Mine goes from here, to the race track, and back. Nothing but serious abuse and I can't put a chink in its armor.

Hell, I've got to try harder to break this thing. I'm hoping a full on drag slick, with a high RPM clutch-popping launch will break some components. We'll see on Friday I guess. But if I can't break this car the way I'm driving it, I'm just not sure how to make it fail. Trust me, I'm trying my hardest.

I'd be happy if I could just break an axle. Something. Anything! I thought I had the clutch beat beyond repair, and even that SOB just won't fucking die!

I've never been more abusive to any car I've ever owned. This little POS Neon is one tough SOB. I guarantee, if I thrashed my 350z like this, I'd have shaken it right apart. Nothing I've ever owned could have stood up to this type of abuse. Nothing. Period. So, say what you will, the fact is the SRT-4 is one seriously tough customer.

That being said, however, you still won't ever see me pull up beside you and rev my engine. I can leave that to the asshats who like to do that, and will eventually be caught street racing.

See you at the track. :devil:

Ekliptix
06-01-2006, 03:39 PM
Z's car sounds tough, but it also sounds like it needs jet fuel to prevent flashing lights with stage 3 installed.

Aleks
06-01-2006, 03:56 PM
Is this all they are worth?

http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=20672179&pgno=2&srt=1

:whipped: Hope that's an error.

Z_Fan
06-01-2006, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Aleks
I sure hope you don't try to sell your car on here :rofl: :rofl:

Why would I sell my car? I can't think of a reason...

Originally posted by Aleks
Is this all they are worth?

http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=20672179&pgno=2&srt=1

:whipped: Hope that's an error.

I've been phoning that number. I'm sure it is supposed to be $21500.00 or it's got problems. LOL.

If it is $12500.00 and it's got nothing wrong, I'm going to buy it.

Z_Fan
06-01-2006, 04:03 PM
Oh, hey, I finally got through!

Confirmed it is $21, not $12 and that it is listed wrong. Nothing major wrong with the car. The car has been hit, but it sounds like it was a "bump" and took a chip out near the front headlamp.

LOL

JCX
06-01-2006, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by 94teg

another srt owner getting defensive.... another reason is that the srt looks like a bag of shit. you can make anything fast if you know what your doing.

Not defensive at all, just have zero tolerance for the rice boi circle jerk hating on the SRT.

You may not like it, but it's a proven performer. Like all cars, there are some asshole drivers.

bspot
06-01-2006, 04:46 PM
I'm glad Cobalt SS's are slower than SRT-4's so we don't have to take all this jealous hate :D

SilverBoost
06-01-2006, 05:02 PM
I'm glad Cobalt SS's are slower than SRT-4's so we don't have to take all this jealous hate :D

Man, don't even get us started on those.....

:D kidding of course.... I liek the new design. I don't hate any cars as stated in an earlier thread.... ok, the AZTEC was an abortion, but everyone thinks that. :)

natejj
06-01-2006, 05:13 PM
Why cant everyone drive a nice slow, 93hp sundance? We would save so much money, we can throw flame decals and type R badges on them, and everyone can be friends! :dunno:

Sorath
06-01-2006, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by JCX

what a tool

Tha VZA
06-01-2006, 06:13 PM
cool Akagi thanks for the response

each to his own indeed...just was curious...:)

ciao