PDA

View Full Version : VW Golf R32...Opinions?

XylathaneGTR
04-03-2003, 11:03 PM
For those who dont know, the Golf R32 has a V6 3.2 L NA Phaeton engine, making 251 AWD Horses, with est 236 Ftlbs...
With a 6 speed, and 3200 lbs...and 18" and Tons of nice features, a 0-100kmh est 6.4sec, and 153 MPH Limited Top Speed,I think it will destroy everything in its class.
I've heard its also comming to USA sometime mid-late 03...Possibly Canada. Anyone know a list price?
What are your oppinions on it?
i think its a :thumbsup: for Volkswagen
http://www.fast-autos.net/volkswagen/r32.jpg
http://www.fast-autos.net/volkswagen/r322.jpg
http://www.fast-autos.net/volkswagen/r3215.jpg
:drool:

EVOI
04-03-2003, 11:08 PM
R32~:drool:

fcuk_it
04-03-2003, 11:09 PM
whoa thats PIMP!

FiveFreshFish
04-03-2003, 11:11 PM
It won't hit the US until January 2004, so we won't get it until months after that, IF we get it.
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=769744

More R32 discussion:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zeroforum?id=145

Ekliptix
04-03-2003, 11:12 PM
That sounds like a good package.

I'm not crazy about the headlights, and I bet the price will be large too.
Some S4 bumper going on

Roaring G60
04-03-2003, 11:14 PM
It will not be coming to Canada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THe model coming to the US is a 4 door version. This is also the new motor for the TT 3.2

XylathaneGTR
04-03-2003, 11:16 PM
Five: 2004? Dayyyyyuumn...Maybe by then, i wont be so poor, and i'll actually be able to afford one...Im liking this thing...All it needs is like, an Inch dropped, and perfect. :)
I saw somewhere in SCC they mentioned it...Mid-Late 03...Hpmmhf

persid
04-03-2003, 11:17 PM
Yawn...maybe if it lost some 500lbs...

FiveFreshFish
04-03-2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by XylathaneGTR
Five: 2004? Dayyyyyuumn...Maybe by then, i wont be so poor, and i'll actually be able to afford one...Im liking this thing...All it needs is like, an Inch dropped, and perfect. :)

That's only like a year away! :D

RiceCake
04-03-2003, 11:45 PM

Watch out for max_boost!:guns: :guns: :guns: :D

max_boost
04-03-2003, 11:48 PM

Originally posted by RiceCake

Watch out for max_boost!:guns: :guns: :guns: :D
No shit

I told you one of them will post another one of these threads......I gave them 2 weeks, he did it in two days :D

Xylathane was smart to change the topic of the forum to comments on the car, instead of the tradtional, should I buy this?

:rofl: :guns:
Dam it, I can't flame him as bad now! bwhahha

max_boost
04-03-2003, 11:50 PM
Anyway, the R32 Golf from VW carries one impressive package....

But honestly, the car will be over priced, perhaps much more expensive than the 337 Special Edition that was out earlier?

You might as well buy the Turbo SRT Neon.....hell everyone should get one of these! It smoked a WRX with 3 passengers! WTF is up with that?!?! :rofl: That means CRXguy with his new mods can only keep up to one! haha:rofl:

hjr
04-04-2003, 12:03 AM
its about 45 or so. I think thats the estimate. About 50g's going off the UK price and converting it. Mad expensive. but cool nun the less.

Ferio_vti
04-04-2003, 12:14 AM
Its pretty nice.
But its not a Golf ;) Just R32.

hjr
04-04-2003, 12:27 AM
those new neons put all our cars too shame pretty much. its sooo sad. i was a little ticked when i found out dodge had the best "sport compact car" for the money. man, what is this world comming too.

Sean7
04-04-2003, 06:57 AM
I heard over at vortex that the R32 was coming to the US just like you see it there. The price is supposed to be around $30000US, so close to 50 grand up here.

One hell of a nice car though

Smartiepants
04-04-2003, 08:00 AM
I heard that it was would be retailing at close to 55k

But its an amazing car.

tegdream
04-04-2003, 10:01 AM
amazing car no doubt, but $55k? hardly worth it, when we think of golfs we think <$30k.....its still a golf no mater which way you look at it...and im sure most would no doubt pick an S2K or 350Z over this car.....:thumbsup: i think manufacturers are going a little too all out....especially with the new 7-series and S-class....who knows whats next....a 700hp luxury sedan? its fun to think about now but its also idiotic...IMO

hjr
04-04-2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by tegdream
amazing car no doubt, but $55k? hardly worth it, when we think of golfs we think &lt;$30k.....its still a golf no mater which way you look at it...and im sure most would no doubt pick an S2K or 350Z over this car.....:thumbsup: i think manufacturers are going a little too all out....especially with the new 7-series and S-class....who knows whats next....a 700hp luxury sedan? its fun to think about now but its also idiotic...IMO

This car is going to be expensive, but your getting what you pay for here. The AWD system is very good, the engine has LOADS of potentail (cant say that for the S2000), and it is very luxurious. Not to mention that its running a 6 speed. As for what car to pick over it, well the 350Z maybe but for sure not the S2000. (IMO)

Now i dont think i'll ever own one of these, as by the time i can afford one, id probably rather have an Audi RS4.

StrokeD z
04-04-2003, 01:25 PM
i would think it would do better times than 6.4 not that i am braging or anything but over all it is sweet

MerfBall
04-04-2003, 04:06 PM
It's has AWD and its heavy, 6.4 is a pretty good time all things considered.

tegdream
04-04-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by hjr

This car is going to be expensive, but your getting what you pay for here. The AWD system is very good, the engine has LOADS of potentail (cant say that for the S2000), and it is very luxurious. Not to mention that its running a 6 speed. As for what car to pick over it, well the 350Z maybe but for sure not the S2000. (IMO)

Now i dont think i'll ever own one of these, as by the time i can afford one, id probably rather have an Audi RS4.

i respect your opinon...but i guess the cars apeal to totally different classes of people...

VWhooligan
04-05-2003, 12:37 AM
its rated at 241, not 251hp. and its going to be 45-50k canadian. there WILL NOT BE any R32's in canada. only 5000 are being brought to america, and VW doesnt think people in canada are going to want to spend $50k for a golf, because thats really what it is.

You can get a new golf CL these days for around 20g's, why spend more than double for a similar car. Hell, i love golf's, mine was $27k new.

this is definately VW's best looking Mk4 to date in my opinion, dual exhaust, 18" wheels, full body kit, huge konig leather racing seats, AWD, 6 speed and a beefed up V6 make this the best performing stock Mk4 as well.

Personally, give me the 20th Anniversary GTI in imola yellow, throw on the APR Stage3 kit on it for an extra $6k, and you have a 300hp GTI that looks hot, goes fast, 6 speed and under 40g's.

REFLUX
04-05-2003, 10:29 AM
I've heard its also comming to USA sometime mid-late 03...Possibly Canada.

i'll believe it when i see it

Daddymax
04-05-2003, 12:42 PM
and it'll break just like every other vw....

I mean they are cool cars, but it seems like EVERY singel person know with a VW has stupid problems, like seats breaking, windows falling thought the door, seat beats do'nt work. even rear view mirror falling off. And these are all 1998 + VW's

max_boost
04-05-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by VWhooligan
Personally, give me the 20th Anniversary GTI in imola yellow, throw on the APR Stage3 kit on it for an extra $6k, and you have a 300hp GTI that looks hot, goes fast, 6 speed and under 40g's.

Interesting....an actual reliable POCKET ROCKET to take care of the ricers......spank the new Neon :D and keep up with the AMG.....very interesting indeed

R-Audi
04-05-2003, 04:02 PM

WTF? Compare an RS4 ($80,000+USD) compared with $30,000usd? gimme a break. I think I might wait for my Enzo instead of a civic.......
Not really a fair *wait* comparison. The only similiar thing is that VW owns Audi...(different AWD system, engine, speed, looks, PRICE, class. etc...)

Dope Dealer
04-05-2003, 04:13 PM
Looks nice and all, but like Simon said.... GTI 20th Anniversary :thumbsup:

hjr
04-05-2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by R-Audi

WTF? Compare an RS4 ($80,000+USD) compared with $30,000usd? gimme a break. I think I might wait for my Enzo instead of a civic.......
Not really a fair *wait* comparison. The only similiar thing is that VW owns Audi...(different AWD system, engine, speed, looks, PRICE, class. etc...)

sorry, should have specified. A new R32 vs. an older RS4. Im a fan of the bi-turbo V6, not the N/A V8 it will have soon.

VWEvo
04-06-2003, 06:36 PM
Like every VW??????:confused: :dunno:

I've owned 5 vw's in the last 7 years, and other than minor warranty issues (which pretty much any car has), I've never once had any major probs with mine.

That being said, I'm aware of the whole coilpack probs, and window regulator prob, but VW addressed these probs, be it a little a late.

Now as for the R32, super sweet car, my opinion, we'll see it in Canada. When the 337 came out, the decision to make it available to Canada came a little later. Even though it won't be quite as fast as a WRX, or a Neon Turbo, the fit and finish on this car is gonna be remarkable. If i'm not wrong, it will most likely be assembled in germany, and it's feel should be very close to a BMW.

That being said, I'm telling you right now that a 20th anniv. with an APR Stage 3 upgrade put close to 300 hp to the wheels. Like Simon said earlier, that is the cheapest way to make an unbelievable car. I'm positive that as soon as a few of you Japanese car freaks go for a ride in one, you'll be SOLD!!!!

and it'll break just like every other vw....

R-Audi
04-06-2003, 10:05 PM
Ummm, still lost on the R32 RS4 comparison. They are still not in the same class at all. One is around 40,000 more than the other
Do you know what the RS4 is? You can't even get it in North America, unless specially imported. It is a Biturbo V6 that turns out approx 450hp, and only sold in a four door station wagan.
As for the new RS4, it hasn't officially been released as of yet, but specualtion is the same engine as the previous one, or the biturbo V8 found in the RS6.
The n/a V8 you are talking about is in the S4, NOT the RS4
Apples and Oranges, Apples and Oranges.(that cost about $40,000 different):rolleyes:

BarryBeach
04-06-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by VWEvo

That being said, I'm telling you right now that a 20th anniv. with an APR Stage 3 upgrade put close to 300 hp to the wheels. Like Simon said earlier, that is the cheapest way to make an unbelievable car. I'm positive that as soon as a few of you Japanese car freaks go for a ride in one, you'll be SOLD!!!!

:werd: I just wish that VW would have brought over a little car called the Rallye ... then we would see what's up.

For all of you with issues regarding the "weight" wouldn't have an argument. Mk2 Frame with awd, Imagine a Corrado G60 supercharged AWD that weighs less.

Roaring G60
04-07-2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by BarryBeach

:werd: I just wish that VW would have brought over a little car called the Rallye ... then we would see what's up.

For all of you with issues regarding the &quot;weight&quot; wouldn't have an argument. Mk2 Frame with awd, Imagine a Corrado G60 supercharged AWD that weighs less.

Hah I'll one up yeah, in five years there will be a 16vg60 Golf Rallye!!!!!! Trust me!!!:poosie: