PDA

View Full Version : storage problem

azn_crazed
05-30-2006, 09:44 PM
i just want to know what other beyonders do to solve the problem regarding limited space of digital cards while travelling.....

i have a 7.1MP camera and a 1GB CF card, its great when i use it in town or wherever i have an access to a computer, since i could always transfer the pictures to the computer then burn to cd.

the problem is when i go travelling, having limited access to computers, i would like to know what others do to resolve this.

i would like to know a solution that does not involve going through the pictures and deleting really bad ones. i find out some uses for even the crappiest pictures.....hahaha....

muse017
05-30-2006, 09:53 PM
You can buy a portable storage device. I have used mine for about an year and l absolutely love it.

40gig portable storage device for 239.99
http://www.vistek.ca/details/details.aspx?WebCode=225459&CategoryID=StorageDevices

pepschnops
05-30-2006, 09:58 PM
I have a 6 MP camera and i just turn down the quality of my photos and get about 500 pics on a good resolution. Works for me as the photos i take are for leisurely purposes and i still get a great shot out of the camera even on these settings

lint
05-30-2006, 10:22 PM
I'd say there are 2 options.

1. get more cf cards. Cards have been dropping in price. 2 gb ultra II for $99 at costo. One benefit to having more cards is that you don't have to wipe them and reuse them, less chance of losing shots in case something happens during transfer/backup.

2. get a portable storage device. I've got a 20 gb flashtrax, with screen. For travelling, it's essential. I've also got 4gb worth of cf cards, so I rarely need to dump the cards during the day. I just dump them at night at my leisure, and make sure that the images are there before deciding to reuse the card.

Turning down the quality is not an option in my opinion. What's the point of having the mps if you're not going to use them?