PDA

View Full Version : How do you get to your CAI filter?

the_fornicator
05-31-2006, 11:03 AM
haha stupid question of the day....

I have a CAI on my civic and want to clean the filter, but I'm sorta at a loss as to how to access the filter end.

tried doing some searches on google, but I just get flooded with adds to buy a cai.

do you have to remove a wheel first? I can see it, but don't know which panels to remove.

any help would be just spanky

Thanks!

hondafetish
05-31-2006, 11:09 AM
Would help to know what year car you have.. if it is a 2000 or earlier, it should be behind the front passenger wheel, and it would be easiest to remove that wheel and pull back on the inner fender liner.

Or you could remove the whole bumper :D

Hope this helps, good luck.

QuasarCav
05-31-2006, 11:10 AM
Remove the front bumper... At least that is how it is on my DA.

you could probably remove the passenger side splash sheild and get it from there but I would rather take the bumper off, It's quite easy.

air_mikey
05-31-2006, 11:30 AM
removing the front bumper should be the easiest way to get to your filter :thumbsup:

the_fornicator
05-31-2006, 01:34 PM
sorry, I have a 2000 civic coupe.

removing the front bumper?

woo... is that hard?

hoamic11
05-31-2006, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by the_fornicator
sorry, I have a 2000 civic coupe.

removing the front bumper?

woo... is that hard?

nah, very easy, you have two bolts underneath (10mm), one on each side in the wheel well (8mm or phillps), and then i think it's 7 push pin type on the top.

the_fornicator
05-31-2006, 03:01 PM
ah... bolts in the wheel wells.... so you'd also have to jack your car up then, huh?

I'll check the haynes manual. should be in there how to take it off... I hope. heh.

QuasarCav
05-31-2006, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by the_fornicator
ah... bolts in the wheel wells.... so you'd also have to jack your car up then, huh?

I'll check the haynes manual. should be in there how to take it off... I hope. heh.

Nope, Just turn the wheel away from the bolts.

I can remove the front bumper on the Integra in 5 min by myself, once you have learned the way it becomes much easier.

B20EF
05-31-2006, 03:59 PM
you shouldn't even have to take off the bumper, just feel the ring clamp around the filter to see where the screw is. I take mine off all the time just reaching underneath the bumper

hondafetish
05-31-2006, 04:03 PM
Not sure about your car, but in the 2000 Civic there's a splash guard below the filter. I find it easy and quick to pull back the fender liner (btw I have a 2000 Civic as well).

4doorj
05-31-2006, 04:10 PM
yeah take off the bumper!
once u start doing it alot... it will only take u 5 min max to take it off