PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle Broker questions

QuasarCav
05-31-2006, 12:26 PM
Hello folks,

I have a few Q's about using a car broker.

I am looking for a 1994-1995 Miata with a hardtop, being a Niche car there are not too many for sale in the local area. The ones I've seen in Alberta are all overpriced and/or a POS. I am willing to drive to BC or SASK to find a decent example.

I have heard that a car broker might be able to do the legwork for me and find the specific model that I'm looking for. What complanies are there? What do they charge? Anyone to stay away from?

Do to my nationality I cant get into/out of the states very easily. Could they buy a US car and deliver it to my door?

e.x. There is a 1994 M edition with hardtop in the US for 6.5K, The perfect example of what I want. That would fetch over 10K up here. I would gladly pay a broker 1K to bring it up for me, is this possible?

Thanks guys.

Crymson
05-31-2006, 01:14 PM
I tried this route with Royalty Auto in Calgary, they couldn't help me, but they may be able to help you.

Mind you, the guy who referred me to them in march, didn't have his car yet last time i saw him (bout 2 weeks ago). So who knows.

After about 2 weeks of mucking around the admitted they really don't do alot of cross border stuff, and wasn't sure how to proceed. But to their credit, they did try hard, and seemed pretty pro about it.

Best bet would be to find one off of US miata club site, buy it, and go through A&A customs brokers to arrange the shipping and border shinangians.

TTZcar
06-02-2006, 09:48 PM
would you consider a JDM Miata?

QuasarCav
06-03-2006, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by TTZcar
would you consider a JDM Miata?

Not really, RHD is not for me and I'm worried about resale value.

There are a few nice one near where you live, want to buy one and drive it to Calgary?

Ideally I would like a 1994-1995 with a hardtop, such a rarity in Alberta.