PDA

View Full Version : turbo'd civic in Victoria

LUDELVR
04-04-2003, 03:21 AM
Well, jeff at homemadeturbo.com has finally put up the pics of the turbo'd civic that I installed. For those of you wondering, yes, it's the kit that was on the yellow ef civic here in Calgary. I had to do some modifications but all is well...I hope!! haha enjoy!!

turbo civic (http://www.homemadeturbo.com/turbo_projects/LEO/)

AutodreamMarvin
04-04-2003, 11:45 AM
haha jb weld and zip ties are the shizz!

dumb question, but, are you filipino by any chance?

LUDELVR
04-04-2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by brbHPR
haha jb weld and zip ties are the shizz!

dumb question, but, are you filipino by any chance?

I am, and I was born with a zip tie in one hand and some jb weld in the other!!! ;) :rofl: :rofl: Why, are you? moreover...am I related to you?? hahahahah:rofl:

theken
04-04-2003, 01:08 PM
i love how it says K&N cone filter, but there is a akimoto rs one :rofl: :thumbsup:

kevie88
04-04-2003, 02:01 PM
Mine next!!

Vitesse951
04-04-2003, 03:05 PM
I bet you did all that for so cheap too. That fucking rocks. I've done everything myself too, nothing like a turbo back exhaust for about 50 bucks and a little elbow grease.

Scott
04-04-2003, 07:41 PM
Thats awsome! Those gauges are a bit sketchy though, Ive never sat in a civic, but isnt that a bit too low? I would want the A/F right in front of my face for the first couple weeks anyways. I would have put an EGT gauge in as well.

Who did the manifold and downpipe?

LUDELVR
04-04-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by theken
i love how it says K&N cone filter, but there is a akimoto rs one :rofl: :thumbsup:

yah, pretty much all cone filters are K and N, just different companies put their name on them. The only real other type is the foam ones like what weapon R uses and shit but I don't know how good those are!:dunno:

LUDELVR
04-04-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Scott
Thats awsome! Those gauges are a bit sketchy though, Ive never sat in a civic, but isnt that a bit too low? I would want the A/F right in front of my face for the first couple weeks anyways. I would have put an EGT gauge in as well.

Who did the manifold and downpipe?

yah, I'm not a huge fan of where they are located but he wanted stealth. I like how they look their cuz it's pretty fucking sweet but in terms of reading them, it's damn near impossible to read them while they're so low. It's hard enough for me to read my gauges while on the pillar!! hahaha but yah, the car is definately a sleeper, you can barely see the intercooler and the all that's really noticeable is the muffler. :thumbsup:

LUDELVR
04-04-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Vitesse951
I bet you did all that for so cheap too. That fucking rocks. I've done everything myself too, nothing like a turbo back exhaust for about 50 bucks and a little elbow grease.

haha, don't remind me of install! It took me a day to install it and he's a buddy of mine so essentially he flew me out to victoria to install it and let me stay with him!!! haha, that's about it!! so he saved some madd dollars in terms of installation, as well, the kit was pretty cheap so he's happy!!:D I'm just glad that I have another successful turbo install under my belt!!

DSM Power
04-05-2003, 10:26 AM
Nice work - bringing DSM power to the masses LOL! :D

Too bad the intake had to be mounted right in front of the manifold though... :dunno:

AutodreamMarvin
04-05-2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by LUDELVR

I am, and I was born with a zip tie in one hand and some jb weld in the other!!! ;) :rofl: :rofl: Why, are you? moreover...am I related to you?? hahahahah:rofl:

haha yes, and.... NO!!

hey, what's your buddy doing with the header?

LUDELVR
04-05-2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by brbHPR

haha yes, and.... NO!!

hey, what's your buddy doing with the header?

hahahah, r u sure? we could be of some distant relation!! That's why I don't date flip chicks!! Scared they might be my cuz! hahah:barf:

Anyway as for the header, he's looking to get rid of it but I think he wants something like 3 bills! it was seriously used for a month and a half then I put the turbo on. I may be able to get the price down, but let me know.:thumbsup: