PDA

View Full Version : busted RX7?

Akagi
05-31-2006, 04:52 PM
we'll I'm driving down Shaganapi today, and out of Nowhere this RX7 pulls up behind me! its a Silver FD * what a Gorgous car *

Anyways to my suprize he pulls up besides me and just Guns it!
I have to say it sounded amazing, the BOV was Really loud and just takes off Atleast 160 + down shagannapi..

I assume he just wanted to smoke me casue I have a loud exaust lmao.

Anyways later on about 1 hour later I'm driving down country hills blvd, and at the intersection turn off onto 14th street right infront of the medium between lanes I see the identical car just parked there and nobody was in the car:dunno: It didn't have signals on or anything, so I assume it was parked there for quite a while.

My guess is this guy just bought the car and drove it around like a maniac in 25 + degree weather today and fried the engine.

Either overheated or blew the apexi seals...

It's so sad to see such a beautifull car in distress, its also retarded to see a driver that deadly with such an amazing machine.

I hope he learned his lesson...

There gorgous cars, they just have to be babied.

Anyways is this guy on these boards??

I've never seen that car before in the N.W so I imagine it was recently purchased.

Sharpie
05-31-2006, 05:26 PM
Ok let me get this straight, a rx-7 passes you, an hour later you see it again abandoned and you assume its a blown engine?

Primer_Drift
05-31-2006, 05:31 PM
He wasn't drifting around you was he? You could of had a battle!

Originally posted by Sharpie
Ok let me get this straight, a rx-7 passes you, an hour later you see it again abandoned and you assume its a blown engine?

:rofl:
Have you ever owned an Rx7? It's a logical assumption

Akagi
05-31-2006, 05:36 PM
Yes I'm assuming he overheated the engine and the wiring melted.

Or he had a ping in the gas tank * due to cheap gas * and he blew the apex seals, then they got sucked into the turbines and pretty much blew the entire engine.

It's the most common things that happen to those vehicles.

I can tell you right now when I heard that thing it is far from stock!

It had a free flow exaust, massive BOV and sounded like a few other goodies.

So if he didn't tune the engine correctly, * ie adding enough fuel into the injectors * or upgrading the ECU

with the boost in psi higher then stock levels he could of easilly
blew his engine...

I know even if you take out the cat in an rx7 that is enough to peak the psi so you must copensate with giving her more fuel in the fuel lines otherwise the engine isn't balanced and it blows..

I'm talking a 1 or 2 psi difference, Rotaries are very finicky engines.

EstoMax
05-31-2006, 05:41 PM
a ping in the gas tank eh? :eek: :rofl:

wonder what Really happened to the guy.. maybe it was stolen car and the guy just took it for a joy ride.

mik3
05-31-2006, 05:43 PM
I think the guy could of just stole the car and went for a quick joy ride :burnout:

dub_686
05-31-2006, 05:49 PM
that would suck to see.... poor RX7 :dunno:

Akagi
05-31-2006, 05:52 PM
It was a 1995 I believe.
Metalic silver, Gorgous color.

The driver was young, early 20's maybe? if even that.

long curly ish hair, he was wearing a hat and you could see his fro come from beneath the hat and has Sunglasses.

Is he on these boards?

I saw him when he first ricer flyby'd me.

The secondtime nobody was in the car??
it was quite strange to say the least.

However the * most dangerous place to park a vehicle *
it could easilly be smoked... or stolen.

dave101
05-31-2006, 05:56 PM
sorry, off topic. i've always wondered the FD stands for and what it means. anyone help me out?

Akagi
05-31-2006, 06:01 PM
FD is not an acronym. It is the production model of the 3rd gen RX-7. ALL RX-7's start with with FB, FC, or FD(with the exception of the 79-81 RX-7 which was SA22C). FB=81-85 1st gen, FC=2nd gen, FD=3rd gen.

So does anybody know the ownder of this rx7:dunno:

Primer_Drift
05-31-2006, 06:02 PM
Well the previous generation Rx7, the FC, stood for Fas Cah. So the FD must stand for Fas Da-cah. :angel:

edit: damn you akagi with your facts, you beat me to it.

Akagi
05-31-2006, 06:06 PM
Haha I WIN!!! Its a Race Its a RACE!.

IF the FD would ever stand for an acronym
it would be F(#(#**(#(# Done!

meaning when you purchase an rx7 your wallet will be FD!

:rofl:

AsianCaucasian
05-31-2006, 06:11 PM
Don't you know?
FD = Full Drift.
FF = Honda
FR = Nissan

DC2
05-31-2006, 06:26 PM
what about toyota?!

Akagi
05-31-2006, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by AsianCaucasian
Don't you know?
FD = Full Drift.
FF = Honda
FR = Nissan

:burnout: :rofl:

Sorath
05-31-2006, 06:40 PM
hahaha aaron i love ur acronyms

Akagi
05-31-2006, 07:09 PM
Did James STI Sell his vehicle completely stock to the buyer??
Or did he keep the body modified??!

Because it could of been the guy that bought his car.

Sorath
05-31-2006, 07:14 PM
naw it was modified... i think i know who ur talking about. i knew it was gonna happen, exhaust and intake without fuel management.. smart on a rotary :rofl: :rofl:

tsi_neal
05-31-2006, 07:34 PM
Firstly a ricer flyby indicates that there was a race that the ricer lost... in this case the driver was enjoying his vehicle, albiet at an inappropriate time.

secondly sorath are you thinking it was me or someone else? Ill assure you that it wasnt me.

Akagi
05-31-2006, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Sorath
naw it was modified... i think i know who ur talking about. i knew it was gonna happen, exhaust and intake without fuel management.. smart on a rotary :rofl: :rofl:

Who do you think it was??

I can Guarentee he had more then exaust and intake, It sounded pretty tricked up.

But yes haha no fuel management and increased boosts means Sucka better have a FAT wallet.

I love rotaries!

gorilla*goggles
05-31-2006, 09:04 PM
haha i saw the same one i think like an hour ago going down
crowchild and it was amazing..one of the nicest rx7s ive seen
but the one u described that was jsut sitting on 14th my mom
said she saw and she was with me when we saw the one on
crowfoot and she said they werent the same..so that means
there was two really nice metallic silver rx7s out today or
my mom was retarded and thought they were different lol
tried getting a pic but was to slow

Chris Ng
05-31-2006, 09:06 PM
or perhaps the car had a crappy motor that had been rebuilt by some local coke head?

tsi_neal
05-31-2006, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Chris Ng
or perhaps the car had a crappy motor that had been rebuilt by some local coke head?

LOW BLOW!!!

Im not saying that i disagree as long as were talking about the same guy, im sitting on some of his "work" at the moment that im gonna give him the opportunity to make right, but i have doubts...

Team_Mclaren
05-31-2006, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Chris Ng

hahaha just the reply i was looking for

Akagi
06-01-2006, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by gorilla*goggles
haha i saw the same one i think like an hour ago going down
crowchild and it was amazing..one of the nicest rx7s ive seen
but the one u described that was jsut sitting on 14th my mom
said she saw and she was with me when we saw the one on
crowfoot and she said they werent the same..so that means
there was two really nice metallic silver rx7s out today or
my mom was retarded and thought they were different lol
tried getting a pic but was to slow

It could be the same vehicle?? what did the guy look like who was driving it.

And what time did you see it down crowchild??
When I turned left on john laurie, He went straight so I assume he went onto crowchild to wherever he was going.

I bet it's the same guy, after you saw it the engine was hooped or could be different.

The vehicle is quite a machine though, the engine sounded fantastic

And the exaust wasn't bad either.

FYI! It had aftermarket muffler! Dual tiped.

Hakkola
06-01-2006, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Akagi
It was a 1995 I believe.
Metalic silver, Gorgous color.

The driver was young, early 20's maybe? if even that.

long curly ish hair, he was wearing a hat and you could see his fro come from beneath the hat and has Sunglasses.

Is he on these boards?

I saw him when he first ricer flyby'd me.

The secondtime nobody was in the car??
it was quite strange to say the least.

However the * most dangerous place to park a vehicle *
it could easilly be smoked... or stolen.

That car has seen better days, about 3 weeks ago I was beside him at glenmore landing, he was idling, waiting to turn right and fire was coming out of the exhaust.

Lex350
06-01-2006, 03:46 PM
IT would be a sad day to be a clean FD blown up:cry:

Team_Mclaren
06-01-2006, 05:19 PM
anyone knows this guy? i want an FD;)

Akagi
06-01-2006, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

That car has seen better days, about 3 weeks ago I was beside him at glenmore landing, he was idling, waiting to turn right and fire was coming out of the exhaust.

Fire??? Stock engine can't overheat That much..
I would assume this is some guy who has modified his RX7 To Incrediable degree's, drives it like a tool and then every few weeks fixes it up?? he must be loaded.

Still nobody has heard of this fellow.

** 10 bucks to whomever discovers who he is, what happened, and whats been done to his car ***

MudCrawler
06-01-2006, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

:rofl: :rofl:
:burnout:

AsianCaucasian

Fire??? Stock engine can't overheat That much..
I would assume this is some guy who has modified his RX7 To Incrediable degree's, drives it like a tool and then every few weeks fixes it up?? he must be loaded.

Still nobody has heard of this fellow.

** 10 bucks to whomever discovers who he is, what happened, and whats been done to his car ***

... nothing to do with overheating buddy. Have you actually owned an rx7? I can throw 2 foot flames out my exhaust at will. It runs so rich that it makes my eyes tear up.

Howl
I'm pretty sure i saw this car on the back of a flatbed truck on crowchild about 9pm last night

CryoCarnage
06-01-2006, 07:15 PM

... nothing to do with overheating buddy. Have you actually owned an rx7? I can throw 2 foot flames out my exhaust at will. It runs so rich that it makes my eyes tear up.
u forgot to add that your gas needle starts to drop as well :nut:
oh andi ran stupid rich one time it shot liek a foot flam out ofmy exhaust. what makes it funyn is ythat i sitll have cats lol.

Akagi
06-01-2006, 09:25 PM
How do you run Really rich??

And I didn't know that, thats awsome!

Any word on who this guy is and what happened to his car???

Hakkola
06-01-2006, 11:37 PM

At will? You mean without revving your engine? :rofl: Haha, I'm just playin, this guy was IDLING though and flames were coming out of his exhaust, he wasn't revving at all.

CryoCarnage
06-02-2006, 01:24 PM
How do you run Really rich??

many options
1)Boost leak
2)Non functioning Wastegate
3)Tune it like that
4)Use huge ass injectors w/o tuning
list goes on and on. i got a boost leak right now -_- fixing it tomorrow :D

Lo)2enz0
06-02-2006, 01:49 PM
Don't you know?
FD = Full Drift.
FF = Honda
FR = Nissan

QUOTED FOR TRUTH

Akagi
06-02-2006, 05:52 PM
Still nobody knows who this fello is eh?? what a mistery.

Did everybody miss the part where I said

*** I'll give 10 bucks to whomever finds out who this guy is, and what happened to his vehicle **!!

Akagi
06-02-2006, 07:05 PM
The guy blew out one of his rotars. Apparently it chipped and the shavins from it took out the apex seals, turbo's and one of the rotars:eek:

It's sad to see such gorgeous cars in distress, although shes being properly tuned back up so she'll be on the road in a month of so!

My condolenses to the driver :angel:

OrderedCHAOS
06-02-2006, 08:52 PM
We'll I just got off the phone with RX7 specialties, I had a few questions for the guy there.

And I decided to throw in a high ball and ask him if he had any silver rx7's come into the shop lately.

The car I saw was owned by a fellow named corey.
Apparently He blew one of his rotars!! His engine needs a full rebuild!.

His first story to rx7 specialties was he wasn't baggin it, however the guys figured he must have been to completely blow the engine * heheh * and when I told the guy I saw him ripping down shagannapi he started laughin!.

They were sayin corey is a great kid! Just had some troubles with his rx7

So after that being solved, Its sad to see another rx7 in distress

however he's going to rebuild it and fix er up right, soon enough so yay!

If I was the owner of the car, I would not be impressed that the shop gave so much information about the car and giving out a owner's name? What's next his address?

Why are so curious about this car?? So curious that you are offering money for any info?

I don't know, maybe I am the only one that found this thread and Akagi's posts to be really strange.

Stephen81
06-02-2006, 10:33 PM
^ it's just George being himself...you'd have to go much further back into the beyond search engine for a few more choice examples.

make this "corey" guy an offer on the RX-7 george:thumbsup:

Akagi
06-03-2006, 10:30 AM
No I'm not giving him an offer for the rx7 I'm holding out till jdm's are here. The more money I save on the vehicle, the more money I have for overhaul, replace parts etc.

I can see how this thread may come across as alittle bit creepy... the 10 dollars might have been overkill And I also realize I should no thave posted that persons information on here * ie name and that he was bagging it and his story * I'll go back and edit my post

However, I just wanted to know what happened to the car! and if I was correctl that he did blow the engine.

If there are examples of that happening I like to find out why, how it could have been preventable, what steps you take forward to move away from such a catastrophy.

I wanto know those vehicles inside and out upon purchase.

Stephen common man, don't get into all that George theatriphy's and antics! let by gones be by gones.

ApexDrift
06-03-2006, 01:50 PM

off topic

hmmm try adjusting your TPS it might help... if not then depending on your mods you could be maxing out the secondary injectors on top of that i could be totally wrong but didnt you do a conversion? did you do a S5 na to a S5 turbo, or a S4 to S5? could be some miss wireing...

i feel sorry for the people who follow behind you in traffic.... lol i know i felt sorry for the people that had to follow behind me, my friend told me he had to switch lanes cause he couldnt take it any more, and every time i drove the thing i smelt like exhaust after...

Akagi
06-03-2006, 05:25 PM
Intresting how they can run ritch enough to send flames out the back??

I know my buddy joe brought in some sparkplugs from Taiwan that hook up to your car and you can shoot flames out of the exaust at will!! only problem is it can melt th rear bumper.

EK 2.0
06-03-2006, 06:24 PM

I know my buddy joe brought in some sparkplugs from Taiwan that hook up to your car and you can shoot flames out of the exaust at will!! only problem is it can melt th rear bumper.

meh, my N/A Honda shoots flames...

Milk2%
06-03-2006, 06:37 PM
I really don't understand this topic...you saw a rx-7 on the side of the road...so it must be a seal :S. They do blow seals...but not as often as ppl say....if i were you i would check that out before you go and import one over here. For all you know it could be something else, there may be rotors in the engine...but there are about 100+++ things that make that motor move.... I've seen many rotor engines that have been turbod etc, and i have seen some impressive flames...it all because rotors tend to run pig rich.

:dunno:

rage2
06-03-2006, 06:48 PM
You don't have to run rich all the time to shoot flames out the exhaust. On cars where there's insufficient cooling a neat tuning trick is to dump fuel into the motor when you're off the throttle. Because these cars run very hot, egt's are generally fairly high. When you stomp on the throttle again, the unburnt fuel dumped in for cooling still in the exhaust system ignites and you get a flame out the exhaust.

Cooling systems on race cars generally tend to be just enough to keep the engine from meltdown to help with aero efficiencies, but would overheat coming to a stop into the pits. Fuel dumping under off throttle and braking helps cool the motor enough to survive a pit stop without meltdown. This is why when you watch say 24 hrs of Le Mans, under braking and every downshift at night you'll see a flame out of each throttle blip when matching revs.

The SLR does this as does the "65" AMG V12 twin turbo motors. If you follow around one, you'll see a huge cloud of black smoke when they floor it after braking. If they're driving hard enough, that black smoke becomes a nice burst of flame.

The RX7 probably does this trick too.

Akagi
06-03-2006, 10:32 PM
The thread imlies I assume he blew a seal because earlier that day when I saw him I saw him Bagging his vehicle Hard!.

Either way I figured out what happend, you shoudl read the entire thread before you decide post anything lol.

I competely understand that there are more issues deriving wtih rotary engines, that is just one of the most common.

I also understand with teh proper tuning and modifications the engine can be brilliant and actually run for quite a while.

I know that that those vehicles have allot more potential then people say.

rx7_turbo2
06-04-2006, 02:11 PM

I also understand with teh proper tuning and modifications the engine can be brilliant and actually run for quite a while.

If a motor is built well, and proper tuning is made, the engine is very strong and will run for a long time.

Problem is around here as Chris mentioned there is one shop who has a wicked long standing habbit of building shit motors and has no idea how to tune a car. There are a few of us who have managed to avoid the perils of RX-7 Specialties, but only a handfull. I used to feel sorry for those who made the decision to use them. If your dumb enough to use that shop, then you deserve to get fucked.

Akagi
06-04-2006, 02:50 PM
What is wrong with rx7 specialties?? Which shop would you say is a decent shop to use??

ApexDrift
06-04-2006, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

wicked long standing habbit of building shit motors and has no idea how to tune a car

thats whats wrong with them... i have heard of some success from them, but many failures!~ i would only go to them to buy parts... but with so much support on line going to them is rare!

rx7_turbo2
06-04-2006, 03:30 PM
What is wrong with rx7 specialties?? Which shop would you say is a decent shop to use??

That's a long drawn out conversation. And precisely the problem, there is no one else. There's a small group of us that stuck together helped eachother out and learned how to do it on our own, that's about peoples only option.

I've been through this literally a million times. If people choose to listen cool, if not I don't give a shit, problem is I've now met WAY to many people who on public forums praise Adam as a world class engine builder, more often than not these people in person will express complete dissatisfaction with his work or how they were treated. I'm sick of the "two faced" path the rotary community in this city has taken. And thus I will say again, at this point if you choose to use them then you deserve to get fucked. Go to the shop in person, open your eye's and look around, watch him build a motor, I'm confident once you see the place and see him build a motor you won't ever take your car there.

tsi_neal
06-04-2006, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

That's a long drawn out conversation. And precisely the problem, there is no one else. There's a small group of us that stuck together helped eachother out and learned how to do it on our own, that's about peoples only option.

I've been through this literally a million times. If people choose to listen cool, if not I don't give a shit, problem is I've now met WAY to many people who on public forums praise Adam as a world class engine builder, more often than not these people in person will express complete dissatisfaction with his work or how they were treated. I'm sick of the "two faced" path the rotary community in this city has taken. And thus I will say again, at this point if you choose to use them then you deserve to get fucked. Go to the shop in person, open your eye's and look around, watch him build a motor, I'm confident once you see the place and see him build a motor you won't ever take your car there.

After buying a car that was worked on primarily by RX7 Specialties ill vouch that the shop and the work that comes out of there is piss poor. A motor with all the "good" parts built by adam cant last one day of lapping... ive been cleaning up the mess that they made of the car and its not the major things, its 100's of little things that make it a total joke... well ok the "fresh" motor that adam built looked more like a high mileage junk motor when i pulled it apart. That was a pretty major joke if you ask me. And i have to vouch that the few local guys that have been helping me out with this thing have been AWESOME. And it seems to me that they are the only local resource for knowledge. I wont cut down adams shop as a supply of parts (yet) but id have to hate myself before i ever let him touch the car again...

Is also like to note that its a big burn to a buyer when he assumes that a "specalty" shop would produce quality work and as such is willing to pay a premium for a car that turned out to be alot more of a lemon than it should be.

AsianCaucasian
06-04-2006, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by ApexDrift

off topic

hmmm try adjusting your TPS it might help... if not then depending on your mods you could be maxing out the secondary injectors on top of that i could be totally wrong but didnt you do a conversion? did you do a S5 na to a S5 turbo, or a S4 to S5? could be some miss wireing...

i feel sorry for the people who follow behind you in traffic.... lol i know i felt sorry for the people that had to follow behind me, my friend told me he had to switch lanes cause he couldnt take it any more, and every time i drove the thing i smelt like exhaust after...

I haven't done the swap yet, it's still an S4 NA. My wiring looks like a huge mess, there's so much crap unplugged that I just have no idea where to start. I only started noticing flames when I removed the cats... which is normal.

Akagi
06-04-2006, 05:27 PM

I haven't done the swap yet, it's still an S4 NA. My wiring looks like a huge mess, there's so much crap unplugged that I just have no idea where to start. I only started noticing flames when I removed the cats... which is normal.

When you remove the cat your turbo's are going to peak higher and you'll run allot richer..

You shou'd get an FC box to give your car more fuel now that you removed the cat and your boost is peaking, otherwise it might not last long...

Team_Mclaren
06-04-2006, 05:40 PM

When you remove the cat your turbo's are going to peak higher and you'll run allot richer..

You shou'd get an FC box to give your car more fuel now that you removed the cat and your boost is peaking, otherwise it might not last long...

if you actually read his reply... its an S4 NA

AsianCaucasian
06-04-2006, 05:43 PM

uh... why would my car need more fuel if it's already running rich? It definitely needs to be leaned out.

rx7_turbo2
06-04-2006, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by tsi_neal

After buying a car that was worked on primarily by RX7 Specialties ill vouch that the shop and the work that comes out of there is piss poor. A motor with all the "good" parts built by adam cant last one day of lapping... ive been cleaning up the mess that they made of the car and its not the major things, its 100's of little things that make it a total joke... well ok the "fresh" motor that adam built looked more like a high mileage junk motor when i pulled it apart. That was a pretty major joke if you ask me. And i have to vouch that the few local guys that have been helping me out with this thing have been AWESOME. And it seems to me that they are the only local resource for knowledge. I wont cut down adams shop as a supply of parts (yet) but id have to hate myself before i ever let him touch the car again...

Is also like to note that its a big burn to a buyer when he assumes that a "specalty" shop would produce quality work and as such is willing to pay a premium for a car that turned out to be alot more of a lemon than it should be.

Well said:D

The senario that your in is precisely the situation that so many of us are sick if seeing, and the reason that in the past we've been so vocal about avoiding RX-7 Specialties. Hey listen I used to use them too for both work and parts. And I'll admitt for a time it was hard to be a rotary lover in this city and not use them. I had been told by every Mazda dealer in town that they would not sell internal engine parts to me, and that I had to go to Adam, through considerable conversation (and Adam burning his own bridges) that's no longer the case and we as a community can now purchase parts at reasonable prices from a dealership here in town. I had to keep it hush hush, but the guy's over at Northhill helped me out a ton in those day's, and now Sunridge is a great source as well. There were times when my car saw downtime while I searched for that odd ball part I needed but couldnt find, knowing Adam probably had it. We've come a LONG way in a couple years here in town. I don't know everything there is to know about the rotary, never will, but the theory in our small group is that maybe I know how to do something someone else doesnt, and that they know how to do something I don't, and we can work it out together. In that line of thinking I know your car and I've heard what the internals looked like, if you need a hand of any kind just let me know, I'd be more than happy to help fix the problems, I'd like to see that thing ont he road again:D

Adam always makes it out to sound like I've got some big beef with him. I don't care about him, he'll be his own demise at some point. I just want to see good running, reliable rotarys. I want to see happy owners who keep there cars for awhile and enjoy them like I do with my friends, these are great cars given a bad reputation by a local shop that doesnt know what their doing.

madmazda
06-04-2006, 06:46 PM
cmon buddy you know as well as I do that when you do a ricer fly by in that thing and then get your ass handed to you by a little 323 that then you start to cry like a little girl afterwards when you know you've been had... just kidding, hope all is well with your car as most mazda dealerships (north hill) they did a bang up job on getting my exaust manifold on and running so I hope you will have good luck with the rotary, call me you bugger lets ride...

Firstly a ricer flyby indicates that there was a race that the ricer lost... in this case the driver was enjoying his vehicle, albiet at an inappropriate time.

secondly sorath are you thinking it was me or someone else? Ill assure you that it wasnt me.

OrderedCHAOS
06-05-2006, 05:52 PM

Ouch!!! Didn't you buy Jaymez's old FD??? ( http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?&threadid=104061 ) He did want a premium for the car regardless of the usual array of posters proclaiming it was a great deal. Sucks to hear about the issues with it.

I guess I can cross this car from my list.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=133397

smitter113fd
06-16-2006, 01:15 PM
Hey Guys.........
This is Cory
The owner of the the fd in question
http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=550435

JAYMEZ
06-16-2006, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by OrderedCHAOS

Ouch!!! Didn't you buy Jaymez's old FD??? ( http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?&threadid=104061 ) He did want a premium for the car regardless of the usual array of posters proclaiming it was a great deal. Sucks to hear about the issues with it.

I guess I can cross this car from my list.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=133397

Actually its more of a piss off to the guy who had to pay full price for everything to be done... But apart from the engine aside ... you would never a find a body that mint , so dont even try and say it wasnt a great deal for him... the car was offered with a one year warranty on the engine , hopefully Adam can be true to his word.. though I think its been past a year since i sold it ??

The car needed tuneing for sure , and probably a aftermarket rad , but everything was told to neal before he bought it ... as for the condition of the engine , that was left onto adam to make a perfect one for me .. i paid out of the ass for it and expected it to be what it should have been..

heavyD
06-16-2006, 01:49 PM
And the moral of the story is:

Rotaries - Great design as a gear or lobe pump or screw compressor. Adding air & fuel not such a good idea.

I don't want to start a flame war but this thread should be stickied to show why not to buy a rotary powered car. FD's are beautiful cars (one of the all time Japanese greats) to the eye and handle fantastic but are rolling headaches. I can fully understand how some have taken to them as hobbie cars as they are different but they just aren't for the average person that doesn't have deep pockets and LOTS of patience.

rx7_turbo2
06-16-2006, 07:39 PM
Same old nonsense "Heavy" I agree that this thread should be made a sticky, but only because the rotary int he hands of Adam and RX-7 Specialties is a disaster waiting to happen. A properly built and tuned one can run for a long time, making good power along the way. We don't get to see that enough over on our shores however beacause of shops like Adams

ProjectR
07-06-2006, 11:10 AM
was this the FD with the carbon fiber hood and HID's? if it is then it's a dope car...i've also seen this in the NW area

\JCAR/
07-07-2006, 03:06 PM
we'll I'm driving down Shaganapi today, and out of Nowhere this RX7 pulls up behind me! its a Silver FD * what a Gorgous car *

I have to say it sounded amazing, the BOV was Really loud and just takes off Atleast 160 + down shagannapi..

Anyways later on about 1 hour later I'm driving down country hills blvd, and at the intersection turn off onto 14th street right infront of the medium between lanes I see the identical car just parked there and nobody was in the car:dunno: It didn't have signals on or anything, so I assume it was parked there for quite a while.

My guess is this guy just bought the car and drove it around like a maniac in 25 + degree weather today and fried the engine.

It's so sad to see such a beautifull car in distress, its also retarded to see a driver that deadly with such an amazing machine.

I've never seen that car before in the N.W so I imagine it was recently purchased.

this post is pretty irrealivant stop making up b/s stories and go speed/drift w/e you like to call it through a school zone

\JCAR/
07-07-2006, 03:06 PM

this post is pretty irrealivant stop making up b/s stories and go speed/drift w/e you like to call it through a school zone

Stoppie
07-08-2006, 04:39 PM
about them flames coming out of the car... couldn't it very well be he just put flame tips on there. There is such thing... they are illegal... but so are alot of things some put on their car.

^^^^^^^^^^i dont get what that post was about :S