PDA

View Full Version : CRA testing

desipwr
06-01-2006, 11:26 AM
Just wondering if anyone has done the CRA testing for the tax auditor position. If so what does this 3.5 hr test involve??

jay42w8
06-01-2006, 03:15 PM
its really easy if english is your first language...thats all u need to know....as for the job itself...its great...a lot of opportunities for a well paying cushy job..ive been here since February...and the best thing...overtime is not allowed

jay42w8
06-01-2006, 03:17 PM
sure beats working 60-70 hours a week at a CA firm for peanuts, plus they'll pay for whatever CGA, CMA course u have remaining

desipwr
06-01-2006, 04:59 PM
they said its a 3 hour test....and it tests some accouting principles....how indepth is it....its for the position in edmonton.

Zenshi
06-06-2006, 08:55 AM
First for all government positions you must pass an english test.

Test all basic knowledge of english; grammar, spelling, sentence structure and etc...

Then once you've passed the english test, you are qualified for an interview at all governing bodies!

CRA, after that step, you be phoned for an interview and test will be done at the interview to show your accounting knowledge and if it will qualify for the job.

Once you've passed the test, they will notify you if you qualified for the job... THEN expect to wait 3 months before they offer you a job due to "space" as they will say.

desipwr
06-07-2006, 12:07 AM
the one in edmonton says there is travel and your own car required how much driving is there really needed

Zenshi
06-08-2006, 08:14 AM
You will be traveling around the city to companies for audits...
No company is going to come into the CRA asking "AUDIT ME"

However, I heard this is later on, and not at the start. Beginning as a PM-02 you will probably doing office work and classes for a good while. :P

jay42w8
06-08-2006, 06:17 PM
zenshi...r u an auditor here in calgary too???

edmonton has a much wider jurisdiction..i belief yellowknife is in their jurisdiction as well....but u actualy make money if u travel because u get reimbursed at about 47ish cents per km...

not true about pm-2...u could be placed in a number of places including the office audit section...but likely not...pm-2's do a lot of farms so u have drive out to the middle of nowhere (literally, farms that arent even on maps), or if ur in underground economy...ull be auditting a lot of construction types at their houses

Zenshi
06-08-2006, 09:38 PM
Not yet...

I just know a lot about the CRA, jay.

=)