PDA

View Full Version : What the hell is causing this Error Report?

/////AMG
06-01-2006, 01:25 PM
Ok this has happened a few times before and now its really getting on my nerves.

It only happened with downloaded TV shows (torrents). I save them in a folder, good enough, but I always download it on to my desktop first then put it in folders.

Anyway for some folders with these videos when I open it, it freezes for a few seconds. Everything disappears and the task bar shows up with a few of those icon on the bottom right missing.
Then I get an error report. :thumbsdow

Its got something to do with the videos doesn't it? WTF causes this?

So with whatever video this happens to I keep it on my desktop, just to avoid everything stated above.

eblend
06-01-2006, 10:45 PM
download a codec pack from www.doom9.net and it should solve your problem. It appears like its a video codec error I had that happening to me too.

Unknown303
06-03-2006, 07:11 AM
Yeah i read in Maximum PC that thats a codec error not sure what one anymore but i'm thinking ac3--something.

elimit
06-06-2006, 01:59 AM
does it still play after the error rep comes up.... if so just disable error reporting

Windows Key + Pause/Break

performance > error rep

/////AMG
06-06-2006, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by eblend
download a codec pack from www.doom9.net and it should solve your problem. It appears like its a video codec error I had that happening to me too.

I have the K-lite codec pack, which has everything... probably need an update?

Originally posted by Unknown303
Yeah i read in Maximum PC that thats a codec error not sure what one anymore but i'm thinking ac3--something.

I've got the AC3 codec.

Originally posted by elimit
does it still play after the error rep comes up.... if so just disable error reporting

Windows Key + Pause/Break

performance > error rep

I'll try that.

Oh and these episode, most of them won't work in BS Player (which I use) and obviously not WMP. It works fine in VLC player though.
And I also put these episodes on 2 other computers (not mine) and when you open the folder it doens't freeze or bring up the error code like my PC does.

dragonone
06-06-2006, 03:11 AM
go k-lite!