PDA

View Full Version : Ever wonder what happens when you don't make turn #1 at RCMP?

RedBull
06-02-2006, 10:27 AM
May 28th, 29th was my first race weekend in my 1984 Mazda Challenge Car at race city. Nothing like my first race being in the pouring rain in a newly built / non-tested car with no ABS.

Anyways to the point, bombing down the front straight at approximately 190km/h, locked the brakes, scrubbed a bit of speed to maybe 160km/h and went straight (no turn in what so ever) off the front straight and into the deep stuff. The attached photo illustrates my Mazdas' amazing ability to mow the grass as the intake piping and brake ducting were all crammed full of this shit. Luckily no other damage occured minus my pride. Can't wait to June 10th, 11th for the GT Champsionship race weekend.

-RedBull

speedracer
06-02-2006, 10:57 AM
Good thing there was an air filter :)

Hope to Join you on the 10&11'th :D I mean for the weekend.. haha not through the bush's at Corner 1 :D

RedBull
06-02-2006, 11:24 AM
Hey Speedracer

I'm the #35 Challenge Car that blew its tranny at the licensing school. Are you going to be racing / competing for the June 10/11th or spectating? You know you want to take the turbo out onto the grid with everyone else :D !

-RedBull

teggypimp95
06-02-2006, 11:29 AM
haha wow thats awesome! good pic.

speedracer
06-02-2006, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by RedBull
The attached photo illustrates my Mazdas' amazing ability to mow the grass as the intake piping and brake ducting were all crammed full of this shit.

-RedBull
:angel: One less car to obstruct my rear view mirror ;) :D on the track. ;)

Waiting on 2 Race Suits and shoes to come in :( That was pretty much the only reason we could not make it to Event 1. Some small braking issues as well but that should be fixed by now.

I was just at the track last night with anglefactory.ca Looks like more than one person helped cut the grass in that area as I marshalled. I never noticed till now that it's pretty close to the Kart Track. Dunno why I just noticed now hahaha

Don't feel too bad... A few years ago in the ACR I went a bit too deep on corner one. Now that was a scary ride and it would have hurt too if the Kart Track was there... hahahah

RedBull
06-02-2006, 05:59 PM
Haha in you rearview mirror eh? I'll have you know i finished 3rd in class in the last race (two of the top Challenge Cars spun..;) ) As for that nice cut through the grass by the flag station, that was probably me. I went so far out past turn one that when I finally regained control, I did a 90 degree left turn went straight and connected to turn number 2 in a straight line so that I was lined up for turn 3. I've learned that skipping turn 2 in this fashion is NOT a short cut :D .

-RedBull

Zero102
06-03-2006, 08:45 PM
I went off that corner once. I hit ~185 on the front straight, pushed my line far outside to try and hold some of the speed. Braked hard for the left-hander, apparently a little too hard, felt the front lock up, and by the time I eased up on the brakes I had slid out onto the marbles. Gained some traction, made a hard left across the track before over-correcting, and shooting off the inside of #2 (right at the transition between #1 and #2, so it's outside of #1/inside of #2). Hit the grass backwards at ~80-90km/h. No damage at all, but it did pack by exhaust and wheels full of grass :)