PDA

View Full Version : some issues with my f4

GorG
06-02-2006, 04:22 PM
Its been around 2 and a half months since I got my f4 and yesterday was the first day I noticed some issues, I was riding to the girlfriends and I was in second I was just cruising at around 7 thousand rpm when all of a sudden I go to accelerate and it drops down into neutral, the second time it happen I was wasn't even accelerating still I was around 7 thousand as well. Any idea's on what it could be I did go fully synthetic but that was almost two months ago I can't see it being a problem now. Let’s hear what you guys think.

Second problem, I was going to and from school, and I don’t think I’ve ever noticed my seat getting ever that hot, it was about plus 24 today but I’ve had a few weeks already of high temperatures and I don’t recall it ever getting that hot. I mean my ass was almost burning. Any idea's or is it normal? Maybe I just don't remember the seat getting extremely warm.

Supa Dexta
06-02-2006, 04:59 PM
I dunno man, I put syn in a month or so ago.. Its been fine, runnin hard, lots of speed, clutchin wheelies, the works.. but then last night, I came out of a corner fast, was climbing a bit of a hill, hit around 13k, and then whirrrr.. clutch slipped, first time since I put it in i noticed anything.. I thought it was fine, others run it with no problems, but it will be comming out of mine.. save money anyhow..

but at 7k, its odd it would fall out of gear.. I'll think about it.. ha..

do u have underseat exhaust?, cbr seats are thin so that may be normal heat..

GorG
06-02-2006, 05:05 PM
no i got a side exhaust i hate the little bastard always pulls me to the side when doing the wheelie, yeah i have no idea about the slip it hasn't done it today so i hope it was just havign a bad day.

Supa Dexta
06-02-2006, 05:13 PM
hrmm no underseat, but burning ass area eh.. any skanks on the weekend?

:rofl:

GorG
06-02-2006, 05:20 PM
hahahaha no man.

craigcd
06-13-2006, 11:31 PM
Slipping into neutral will be shifter forks i believe. Cheap parts, but if you cant do the labour it might be expensive.

Some one correct me if im wrong!

Craig

Stoppie
06-17-2006, 04:01 PM
or since it hasn't been happening alot, we could narrow it down to just not shifting solidly into second. It happens to me sometimes if i have a sloppy shift. It will be into second but then eventually slip down into neutral. It's hard to picture but I know it happens. Just follow through on your shifting and you'll be fine.