PDA

View Full Version : Good place for DOT helmets???

darknight
04-04-2003, 05:35 PM
Need one if I'm going to be doing anything on the track this year, and don't want to keep borrowing my buddies. I'm looking for a full face helmet for the best price of coarse dose anyone know of the best place to go to? Thanks

Orrin

4wheeldrift
04-04-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by darknight
Need one if I'm going to be doing anything on the track this year, and don't want to keep borrowing my buddies. I'm looking for a full face helmet for the best price of coarse dose anyone know of the best place to go to? Thanks

Orrin I'd make sure the helmet is not just DOT but also Snell approved. The cost shouldn't be any different, and if you decide to do solo 2 or some other sanctioned motorsport you won't be stuck with a helmet you can't use everywhere.

For just a regular motorcycle helmet, I'd recommend trying Blackfoot Motorsports. I got a full face Snell M95 rated HJC from them 2 years ago for about $150or so, they should be even cheaper by now.

5gluder
04-04-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift

For just a regular motorcycle helmet, I'd recommend trying Blackfoot Motorsports. I got a full face Snell M95 rated HJC from them 2 years ago for about $150or so, they should be even cheaper by now.

I was down there last month, they want $220 for a full face that was snell approved :dunno:

4wheeldrift
04-04-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by 5gluder

I was down there last month, they want $220 for a full face that was snell approved :dunno: Ok, maybe i got lucky :dunno: