PDA

View Full Version : BMW 850ci

TTZcar
06-02-2006, 09:57 PM
Anybody driving a 850 ci out there? would like to see any pics if you have one done up. I'm selling my fairlady and looking for a hot 850.

three.eighteen.
06-02-2006, 10:08 PM
i would rather go for the 840, the engine is easier to work with (with boost you can be faster than the 12 cyl), and you get the option of finding a stick

jaysas_63
06-02-2006, 10:18 PM
chances are hes looking to import from japan, and teh 840 won't be legal for a couple years

legacyturbo
06-02-2006, 10:31 PM
super nice cars but super $$ to work on even the 840's...i'd save up and find a 850csi 6spd there were a few for sale when i was in cali in april such a nice car :drool:

C4S
06-02-2006, 10:33 PM
U find a nice mint, full service low km one here .. for say $30K ..

And u know the history .. and not too much to worry .. but normal serive ..

or get a crappy one from Japan .. for $15K ... then either u spend another $10K to make it run safe on the road .. or u will sell it in 2 month after you have some fun of it ..

:D

TTZcar
06-02-2006, 10:46 PM
I'll definately be getting an 850 vs the 840. I will also be getting it from Japan. I have never had any problems with any of my vehicle imports from there. I've been dealing with the same supplier for a couple of years now and they have never once steared me wrong.

jaysas_63
06-03-2006, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by TTZcar
I'll definately be getting an 850 vs the 840. I will also be getting it from Japan. I have never had any problems with any of my vehicle imports from there. I've been dealing with the same supplier for a couple of years now and they have never once steared me wrong.

who is the supplier?

SC2
06-03-2006, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by legacyturbo
super nice cars but super $$ to work on even the 840's...i'd save up and find a 850csi 6spd there were a few for sale when i was in cali in april such a nice car :drool:

That will be super hard, and that will be over 60-70K for that kind of car. Even with high km/miles, you can still pay over 50 because of the rarity.

Howl
06-03-2006, 01:25 PM
These are ridiculously expensive to maintain

trikypenguin
06-03-2006, 01:34 PM
theres one of those at country hills golf course :bigpimp: saw it like everyday when i wokred there

TTZcar
06-03-2006, 02:07 PM
From my research here in Canada, a Fully loaded 850 with 80K or less on the odometer retails for between 30-40k dependeing on where in the country and the time of year your buying. The same car wholesales in Japan for no more than 15K but you can expect to put another 3-7k into shipping, duty, pst , minor mods to meet Canadian stadards,etc...The cars from Japan are usually decked out nicely with some cool electronics, wheels and body kits if your into that shit. The point is you can get em plain or tricky, whatever floats your boat. The other nice thing is there are more to choose from on the market at any given time. Lets's say you are prepared to put 22K into getting a nice 850 on the road here, your saving between 10-18k which easily warrants a trip to Japan to source the car and have some fun.... and find your own supplier.

If I wasn't so computer illiterate I would post some pics and prices of some nice 850s/fairladys/MR2s I've been loking at...can anyone tell me how to do it?

jaysas_63
06-03-2006, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by TTZcar
\

If I wasn't so computer illiterate I would post some pics and prices of some nice 850s/fairladys/MR2s I've been loking at...can anyone tell me how to do it?

either save the pic to your computer, and then use the attach file option at the bottom of the post window.....

or click on the properties of the picture (right click) get the url from the properties, and then click on IMG, or BIMG and paste the URL in that box

you still diddn't tell me your supplier?

Graham_A_M
06-03-2006, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Howl
These are ridiculously expensive to maintain

that an understatement. They are absolute disasters to maintain. Have fun with the car, if its past 150,000 kilometers, I hope you enjoy the look the look of blue smoke in the rear view mirror. Since (thanks their phenominal cylinder lining) it'll do that no matter what you do. Is a disaster to maintain. And a low power shit box, 200 KW? give me a fricking break man!I'd HIGHLY recommend the Mercedes 600SEL of the same age, since it goes for the same price ($9k) but it puts out 100hp more at the same price. The cool thing? it dosent cose nearly at much to maintain.