http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y289/george_palmer101/IMG_2272.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y289/george_palmer101/IMG_2274.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y289/george_palmer101/IMG_2275.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y289/george_palmer101/IMG_2276.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y289/george_palmer101/IMG_2277.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y289/george_palmer101/IMG_2278.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y289/george_palmer101/IMG_2279.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y289/george_palmer101/IMG_2281.jpg

Last night I was at my buddies place in Edgemont, and I'm on his driveway, while were fixing his vehicle * Pontiac Fiero!*

Anyways up comes a Lancer Evolution!! It pulled into the house next to him and I'm saying outloud, omg.. is that an evo! my friend is like huh?? So an older british guy gets out of the vehicle with his wife and I say to him is that an evo, sure enough he said it was!!.

I asked the guy how he got it here, he told me everything I already knew, however he explained in defined detail about the loop hole that canadians had with these vehicles the first month or so they were in production, A dealership in Quebec or someplace like that brought in about 7 vehicles during this time, and he purchased the vehicle from them.

There are only 2 lancer evo's in calgary!! Such a RARE spot!! Amazing car if you ever see it in person.

I got Tons of pics!! However He has to email me them still so I'll have them up later tonight or tomrrow!!

M_K_3
06-03-2006, 03:31 PM
sweet i cant wait for the pics

antonaldon
06-03-2006, 03:39 PM
wat color was the evo? and what color is the other one? i saw a silver one a while back in downtown.:eek:

swiftcrx
06-03-2006, 03:41 PM
what year evo was it
also cant wait to see pics

GQBalla
06-03-2006, 03:46 PM
theres a silver evo where the owner lives in scenic acres i think.

evos are sweet

OrderedCHAOS
06-03-2006, 04:15 PM
You have tons of pics but you have wait until his email to you??? huh? So basically he has tons of pics then? LOL.

First time I heard of a street encounter where the encountee is the one supplying the pics. :rofl:

There is a Silver EVO 8 that I have seen in the NW a few times last year.

Lo)2enz0
06-03-2006, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
theres a silver evo where the owner lives in scenic acres i think.

evos are sweet

ya, thats the guy he is talking about. i was so suprised his son didn't tell me about it after i would yap on about cars with him before school started. he has had that car for like 2 years to.

fyi- there is a huge thread about it

That.Guy.S30
06-03-2006, 04:59 PM
is he selling the evo?

bspot
06-03-2006, 05:18 PM
:werd: I saw the silver evo XIII last week... pretty neat to see. Awesome plate too... "EVO PWNR"

Akagi
06-03-2006, 05:21 PM
My Friend who took the pictures with his camera has all the pictures!! Not the ownder of the Evo lmao.

Yes its a Silver Lancer Evolution 8.
I believe its the first year U.S made them, Hense * the small loop hole when there were but a handfull brought into canada!*

The vehicle was quite gorgeous, there Amazing vehicles when yousee them in person, Everything is pure genius!.

The stock bodykit looks amazing, * 4 inch exaust tip it looks like??
Brakes are Huge, Rotars are painted and gorgeous

and the intercooler * drool *.

I will post pics in my First post at the top of this thread.

I was conimplating if I should wait until I got pics to post this but I just could not resist!!

Hope I get picks from my buddy soon, hes being * i'm to busy to email them today... *

i'll get them don't worry.

Oldskool
06-03-2006, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0

ya, thats the guy he is talking about. i was so suprised his son didn't tell me about it after i would yap on about cars with him before school started. he has had that car for like 2 years to.

fyi- there is a huge thread about it
i dont wanna say any names or give out anything on this site, so ill jsut say this, The kid your talking about, does he drive a VW, a golf or something i think, black, older?

OrderedCHAOS
06-03-2006, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Akagi
My Friend who took the pictures with his camera has all the pictures!! Not the ownder of the Evo lmao.

Ah ok, that's makes more sense.

Nice pics.

dj_rice
06-03-2006, 08:30 PM
You should first put in ur title 56K warning...and use BIMG tags next time

dave101
06-03-2006, 08:33 PM
very nice. I just cant believe how you guys are reacting to this! ha i see maybe 3 or 4 a week?? some guy owns 2 yellow ones actually. if you guys want pics i can probably snag some when i get my camera....

CrvenaZvezda
06-03-2006, 08:44 PM
Im pretty sure the other one is white and it has the high rise spoiler he lives up in springbank, but yeah Ive seen this one before I think this one was also in World of Wheel!!!

Nice Spot Man!!!

swiftcrx
06-03-2006, 08:44 PM
dammm that is so sexy

pics of the Fiero????

00CivicSi
06-03-2006, 08:50 PM
There's actually 12 that popped through in Canada. 12 where shipped to canada before the regulation changed. I followed this one on crowchild trail. I missed my turn off following it in awe!! :drool: :drool:

AllGoNoShow
06-03-2006, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by dave101
very nice. I just cant believe how you guys are reacting to this! ha i see maybe 3 or 4 a week?? some guy owns 2 yellow ones actually. if you guys want pics i can probably snag some when i get my camera....

We don't have them here, well we do, not many, so how about you stfu and let them get all jizzy over themselves about it? Thanks for coming out!

M_K_3
06-03-2006, 09:05 PM
i seen this one i cant remember where though

Akagi
06-03-2006, 10:28 PM
Yes there very rare here, thus why we like them so much!.
First I thought you were ful of urself and you didn't know what you were talking about.. then I noticed you lived in the states.

anyways Thanks for the compliments guys! I heard about the guy who lives in springbank I havnt seen it I don't believe.

I could get pictures of the fiero if you really wantd.. He picked it up and has pretty much rebuilt the entire car. Suspension, breaks, interior, paint. Now hes rebuilding the engine so its really going to be a nice ride.!

he might even swap for a v8!! its been a project he has been working on for quite a while now!.

Ayways Maybe I can post pics of the other vehicle if I ever see it, anybody up for a springbank evo spotting expedition!!
I'm down hahah jk jk, however maybe one of these days I'll get a glimpse of er!

heavyD
06-03-2006, 10:33 PM
I can't believe we can't get them in Canada.:cry:

KuruptEX
06-03-2006, 10:43 PM
y cant we?

EK 2.0
06-03-2006, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by KuruptEX
y cant we?

the front bumper/FMIC assy does not pass crash testing. And costs a certain amount to repair. That "x" dollar value goes over what it "should" cost to repair a low speed frontal impact.

C4S
06-03-2006, 10:48 PM
Actually .. I saw few of them .. could be the same one .. but saw 2 in same day, in diff locations ?

Those EVO I have seen, they didn't have personal plate .. however, could be one of them just got newe personal plate?

But they are all Silver .. so .. as I said .. it could be just one or 2 of them .. however, saw them so many times .. I don't think just 1 or 2 around.

May be I should try to take a look of the plate .. :D

voodoo
06-03-2006, 10:48 PM
i have pics of a white evo on my camera, on macleod and anderson..

with alberta plates. i then saw him at the solo 2 the following wednesday.

KuruptEX
06-03-2006, 10:51 PM
the front bumper/FMIC assy does not pass crash testing. And costs a certain amount to repair. That "x" dollar value goes over what it "should" cost to repair a low speed frontal impact.

cant u just replace the front bumper and then import into canada?

benyl
06-03-2006, 10:53 PM

cant u just replace the front bumper and then import into canada?

No

KuruptEX
06-03-2006, 10:55 PM
and y is that?

i thought the 15 year rule only applied to rhd

(sorry i dont know nothing about importing thats y im asking
so many questions lol)

EK 2.0
06-03-2006, 10:57 PM
www.riv.ca

benyl
06-03-2006, 10:58 PM
and y is that?

This is why:

Originally posted by EK 2.0

I am sure all the ricers will import them in 2018.

It is the same reason we didn't get the first SRT4s, the same reason we didn't get the VW R32, the Toyota MRS, Lotus Elise (until this year), and a bunch of other vehicles.

Canadian bumper laws are much more strict. You can put another bumper on and import it, but you would have to import 2. One for you to drive, the other for the crash test.

KuruptEX
06-03-2006, 11:05 PM
sigh y is canada so strict

wait y isnt there any newer supra's and rx-7's? (and if they are
so rare and expensive)

EK 2.0
06-03-2006, 11:08 PM
sigh y is canada so strict

wait y isnt there any newer supra's and rx-7's? (and if they are
so rare and expensive)

because they don't make them anymore.

KuruptEX
06-03-2006, 11:11 PM
same with 240sx's but u see them everywhere and somewhat
cheap compared to rx-7 and supra's

dave101
06-03-2006, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by AllGoNoShow

We don't have them here, well we do, not many, so how about you stfu and let them get all jizzy over themselves about it? Thanks for coming out!

First I thought you were ful of urself and you didn't know what you were talking about.. then I noticed you lived in the states.

haha jesus christ! its just....different. i'm not full of myself because i offered to take pictures of them for you guys. For christs sake!

:rolleyes:

benyl
06-03-2006, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by dave101

haha jesus christ! its just....different. i'm not full of myself because i offered to take pictures of them for you guys. For christs sake!

:rolleyes:

Don't worry about it. There are some real assholes on Beyond. Some should get the ban stick shaken at them...

benyl
06-03-2006, 11:20 PM
same with 240sx's but u see them everywhere and somewhat
cheap compared to rx-7 and supra's

What are you talking about?

All three of the cars you have mentioned were sold here.

KuruptEX
06-03-2006, 11:25 PM
nvm ill juss stop talking im confussing myself now lol

guessboi
06-03-2006, 11:39 PM
I love evos. :D

Eride
06-04-2006, 10:26 AM
The owner gave me a spin last summer, it was awesome to say the least. He is a rally driver and purchased this Evo as his daily driver, he is a super nice dude. Said he has never recieved so much attention in a car as this one. He told me he had people chasing him on their bikes, running alongside his car, stopping him asking about it, a friend of his purchased the white Evo a couple moths back, it was listed in the auto trader, sold by a some kid in Yorkton Sk.

Akagi
06-04-2006, 02:58 PM
Yah the guy seemed Super cool! I was suprized it was an older fellow who owned the car, nice wife to! definately good guys.
I never bothered asking for a ride, I knew he was busy visiting so I didn't bother.

wow this thread went nuts pretty fast.
- for all you out there asking 50 million import questions-
Ohnestly don't worry about how to import illegal cars, or ways around the system ( ie buying two vehicles for crash tests )
unless you trully have the money to do so, you'll just lose sleep over smething so ill important.

There are many amazing cars up here which we can work hard and strive to afford, shoot for those not some illegal cars..

SC2
06-04-2006, 08:45 PM
^ This thread is for this awesome sighting and wicked pictures.

That is a truely special car, and your average joe wouldnt know.

They would know a Ferrari or lambo for example, but this, this is a true "average joe sleeper"

4WARNED
06-05-2006, 09:11 AM
Ok, time for me to steal some of Jorge's thunder...

I've got the other EVO in town (the white one w/ the bigger spoiler spotted in south Calgary and at the track).....Jorge is a rally buddy of mine and since he wouldn't sell me his, i had to find one for myself...

BOTH of them will be at DTP this Saturday in the CSCC booth....

dave101
06-05-2006, 09:15 AM
ahh badass. an evo owner on beyond. Do you have an pics in the member section?

edit: probly not i guess. Theres no mitsubishi section:rolleyes:

Sacred
06-05-2006, 09:16 AM
Did anyone manage to get the Evo IX into canada before the laws changed?

benyl
06-05-2006, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Sacred
Did anyone manage to get the Evo IX into canada before the laws changed? :banghead: :banghead:

4WARNED
06-05-2006, 09:45 AM
dave101 - no pics yet......haven't even really had the time to wax the car yet....just been enjoying it (and it leads a fairly pampered life now)......i'll probably snap a bunch when the two EVO's are finally put together on Saturday.....it is funny to see other enthusiast's stare at the car, then do a double take when they realize what it is.....and they laugh when they see my two-year old's car seat in the back...."daddy's EVO" she calls it......

Sacred - no IX's into canada that i know of.....there might be one or two brought in for show purposes only but as Jorge had explained to the spotter, there was a really short window for getting EVO VIII's in legally......(three years ago)....the laws changed in 2003 and the IX was built after that so NO......

jorge
06-05-2006, 12:48 PM

Last night I was at my buddies place in Edgemont, and I'm on his driveway, while were fixing his vehicle * Pontiac Fiero!*

Anyways up comes a Lancer Evolution!! It pulled into the house next to him and I'm saying outloud, omg.. is that an evo! my friend is like huh?? So an older british guy gets out of the vehicle with his wife and I say to him is that an evo, sure enough he said it was!!.

I asked the guy how he got it here, he told me everything I already knew, however he explained in defined detail about the loop hole that canadians had with these vehicles the first month or so they were in production, A dealership in Quebec or someplace like that brought in about 7 vehicles during this time, and he purchased the vehicle from them.

There are only 2 lancer evo's in calgary!! Such a RARE spot!! Amazing car if you ever see it in person.

I got Tons of pics!! However He has to email me them still so I'll have them up later tonight or tomrrow!!

Hi Guys,

To answer all the questions: Yes, the Silver EVO VIII is one of only two in AB, Chris has the other one. I live in Scenic Acres and my son does drive the black Golf GTI 16v.

heeeeyyyy, what is this about being an old guy :guns:
..... ok so I am sure I am older than most of you but at last weekend's Rocky Mountain Rally I still kicked lots of young butt with my boat anchor (the Production 3 celica with no torque)

And a Brithis accent!!?? :eek: I think it would be extremely funny if a British guy had an Argentinian flag on its car's trunk lid (see photo)
I am Argentinian, so guess who I am betting to win the World Cup :thumbsup:

Akagi, soory I could not stay and chat more about the EVO, I am a true car enthusiast, particularly Jap and Euro cars but I was already late for a BBq.

See you guys at this weekend show

Akagi
06-05-2006, 02:03 PM
First of I must say I love your name!
My name is George also!.

You have a gorgeous vehicle! and I am exited to know it will be at DTP!

no hard feelings about the old thing eh?? I meant to emply your older then us 20 something year old youngins still!.

And I felt horrible when I read what you mensioned about the accent! I was merely mistakened for what it was!.

Anyways thanks for the reply! take care!

jorge
06-05-2006, 03:43 PM

no hard feelings about the old thing eh?? I meant to emply your older then us 20 something year old youngins still!.

And I felt horrible when I read what you mensioned about the accent! I was merely mistakened for what it was!.

Anyways thanks for the reply! take care!

Hey no worries, I was just having fun. :D

Jorge

Oldskool
06-05-2006, 03:52 PM
You ever let your son drive it?

jorge
06-05-2006, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Oldskool
You ever let your son drive it?

yes, he drove it a few times, I figure if I can trust him driving my rally car I can also trust him with the EVO

Oldskool
06-05-2006, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by jorge

yes, he drove it a few times, I figure if I can trust him driving my rally car I can also trust him with the EVO

Did he come back with all the ladies? haha

Akagi
06-06-2006, 10:40 AM

Haha!!!

*prettyboy*
06-11-2006, 06:07 PM
:werd: saw it.

*prettyboy*
06-11-2006, 06:09 PM

lol did he?

n1zm0
06-11-2006, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by jorge

..... ok so I am sure I am older than most of you but at last weekend's Rocky Mountain Rally I still kicked lots of young butt with my boat anchor (the Production 3 celica with no torque)

this is the fluroescent yellow one that was on TV the other day? it's always at the AB rally's?

4WARNED
06-11-2006, 08:37 PM
Yep, that is Jorge's rally car (yellow celica).....it was also at the DTP show in the sports car club rally booth with the other rally cars.......

SC2
06-12-2006, 05:40 PM
See that one all the time at the shows, including world of wheels etc.

wrxer1
08-09-2006, 12:26 PM
Back when I worked at RCTS, Jorge was nice enough to take me for a ride in the Evo. Took a 10 minute spin and we compared all the differences between his car and my wrx.
Great guy!

dino_martini
08-09-2006, 03:04 PM
HOLY SHIT. Thats a sexy car ill admit. But I would take the new STi over that...

dino_martini
08-09-2006, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by dino_martini
HOLY SHIT. Thats a sexy car ill admit. But I would take the new STi over that...

Damn, this one got all smashed up...aprox. how many are left?

Lancer Evo 8 Wreck (http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=19865784&pgno=1&srt=1)

ashee
08-09-2006, 07:44 PM
Wow nice car, good pics.:thumbsup: