PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Guild Wars

Kamen
06-05-2006, 01:08 AM
Hi guys, looking to buy a copy of Guild Wars Factions
Let me know what you guys got!

I'm in Ontario right now so I'll need it shipped. CD key must be good to go and the better the condition of the box/manuals/and discs the better.

cityhunter2501
06-05-2006, 08:41 AM
darn Ontario
I would sell my Collectors Edition but would be a hassle mailing it to you unless willing to pay 30$+S/H
oh, this account has a lvl15 ele, lvl10 necro, 8 warrior.

Aragorn_ii
06-05-2006, 10:05 AM
I'd be intrested in the CE, let me know if it's still for sale....I'm in Calgary

lush
06-05-2006, 01:14 PM
I have one CD key still good, how much you want for it?

Kamen
06-07-2006, 09:55 AM
Actually I would like to buy Guild Wars Factions instead, if anyone has it let me know :)

Aragorn_ii
06-07-2006, 10:03 AM
I'd suggest getting both....if you can...

some skills and stuff you get from prophecies aren't avaiable in Factions.....plus items can't be crossed if you have only either one of the games....

if you need help in Factions/Prophecies PM and I'll send you my in-game name

Kamen
06-07-2006, 10:49 AM
I am playing Prophecies right now on my friend's account and I thought the Factions campaign is different? I know they can be crossed but does it really make that much of a difference?

Aragorn_ii
06-07-2006, 11:40 AM
factions and Prophecies are different, NCsoft did this to continue the story of GW

both sides has different armours, pets, weapons, some skills are named different but are essentaily the same, the addtion of GW:factions allows you to add more to your current Prophecies character....

the thing is that if someone say brings a character from Cantha and gives you a green item from Cantha you can't use and same goes the other way, you need to have both games to use it....

Prophecies: has PVP/ GVG, really the start of the game
Factions: has PVP/GVG/Alliance Vs Alliance, also alliance missions

the only thing that bugs me right now is how fast you level up in Factions vs Prophecies, factions lets you level up in that monstery,
while in Prophecies you level up thru several missions....

I like GW better than WOW too....better that I don't have to pay $$$ to play and that if I were to stop playing, I can jump back on the bandwagon and play from where I left off...

also b/c of the recent addition to the game there are different titles to each game...

currently I have the 'Tyrian explorer' title b/c I've explored over 60% of Tyria

also....last year they had different events for X-mas, Halloween...

each event also gives prizes, halloween gave pumpkin helmets and X-mas gave elf hats, and antlers as head gear, candy cane weapons also.... for more info go to www.guildwiki.org
I hope that they maybe different for each game....

I've read that in Asia they gave away tons of special items (Ie: coke deals and stuff check out Guildwiki for more)

I've already got a mini pet, Jungle Troll, for my 1 year birthday on my W/R...pets don't really do anything (they make noises like the real thing, can scare the crap out of you if you're not paying attention to what's going on too) but people are selling them from 10K and up....

b/c I got the CE for factions I got a Mini Dragon as a pet......from the last pre-order special weapons were also added

I've currently got about 4 pre-order weapons, lots of people ask me all the time about them

1. Best Buy/Future Shop - Canthan Targe (haha Canthan Targe, so lined up for a sequel)
2. Electronics boutique - Ithas Bow
3. Factions Pre-order - Spiritbinder
4. Factions Pre-order - Dragon Fangs

Apparently NCSoft is in the works for a Third GW, based in Africa or something to that effect