PDA

View Full Version : Brake light problem

celicadreams
06-05-2006, 01:11 PM
When I step on the brake the brake lights don't go on, and bulbs light up when I turn on running lights, and checked all the fuses, everything ok, where else should I check? THanks

Thaco
06-05-2006, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by celicadreams
When I step on the brake the brake lights don't go on, and bulbs light up when I turn on running lights, and checked all the fuses, everything ok, where else should I check? THanks

could be the sensor by the brake pedal, or the second element of the bulbs is burnt out, could also be a fuse.

liquidboi69
06-05-2006, 01:16 PM
I have the same problem...except my problem is; one rear running light doesn't turn on...but it lights up when the brake are applied.

My dad said it's something to do with the bulb/i need a new bulb? He also said the brake light bulb was different from the running light...I'm not sure tho...i think he's wrong lol.

Thaco
06-05-2006, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by liquidboi69
I have the same problem...except my problem is; one rear running light doesn't turn on...but it lights up when the brake are applied.

My dad said it's something to do with the bulb/i need a new bulb? He also said the brake light bulb was different from the running light...I'm not sure tho...i think he's wrong lol.

yours is definantly the bulb, it could be 2 seperate bulbs, or just one dual element bulb and one of the elements went out but not both, it's very common.

liquidboi69
06-05-2006, 01:24 PM
Ya my dad said something about the bulb having two elements, and one burnt out. Mabey it's the same problem for celicadreams as well. (Sorry for jacking the thread)

Dooms_Bane
06-05-2006, 01:34 PM
breaking lights have 2 fliments
one that turns on when you turn on your lights
and the other turns on when your break

a normal bulb looks like this

_
| |

the break light bulb looks likkkeee
______
| ___ |
| | | |
| | | |

i think it's a little easier to understand.. i guess
you can always look at it the metal wiring would have been snapped or there will be discoloring on the bulb area

celicadreams
06-05-2006, 02:59 PM
but all four bulbs don't light up when i step on the brake

liquidboi69
06-05-2006, 03:01 PM
That would be a problem with your fuse or connection then (even tho you said you checked it.) Mabey connect a voltmeter to your plugins, and see what happens to see if it really is a problem with your connection