PDA

View Full Version : Compustar Remote

Jynx
06-05-2006, 04:55 PM
I have a 2 way compustar alarm/starter and it seems as tho the battery needs to be changed every 2 weeks.

What happens is i arm the alarm, then go into a mall for example and by the time i come out the battery in my remote has died and i need 2 replace it.

The battery meter on my remote always shows low even when i put a brand new battery into it.

Any one else experience this problem? Any suggestions other than 2 carry batteries around wit me?

dj_rice
06-05-2006, 05:27 PM
Never happened to me, usually I need to change mine out within 2-3 months.....maybe you should buy real brand name batteries and not cheapo asian counterfeit stuff, ENERGIZZER isnt the same as ENERGIZER, same with DURACELL isnt DURAACELL :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thats my guess...ur batteries suck

Jynx
06-06-2006, 12:32 AM
haha wish the problem was that simple...

ive tried all kinds of different batteries. None seem to do the trick.

dj_rice
06-06-2006, 05:06 PM
By chance..do you have the alarm on auto lock/unlock mode??Maybe thats the reason why ur batteries drain so fast, cause when its on that mode, its always sending a signal every 10-15 secs back to the car maybe using more battery power than when its not on that mode

Jynx
06-07-2006, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
By chance..do you have the alarm on auto lock/unlock mode??Maybe thats the reason why ur batteries drain so fast, cause when its on that mode, its always sending a signal every 10-15 secs back to the car maybe using more battery power than when its not on that mode

Well anytime im near the car the thing unlocks/locks periodically.
How do i turn off the auto lock/unlock (sorry i dont have the original owners manual)?

DC2
06-07-2006, 01:08 PM
http://compustar.org/ has manuals online.

but press and hold #1 and it will turn auto off...

dj_rice
06-07-2006, 04:59 PM
Yeah thats my only guess as to why your battery is draining so fast, cause it takes more battery power everytime to send a status check to see if your near the car to lock/unlock....and so turn Auto Lock/Unlock mode and see if that prolongs your battery life..and if it does...I'd like a cheque for $500 in my mailbox please :thumbsup: for solving your problem

Jynx
06-07-2006, 05:29 PM
i turned the auto lock/unlock off, however that still doenst explain why when i put a new battery in, the meter still shows low?

dj_rice
06-07-2006, 05:34 PM
And your POSITIVE its a brand new battery??What brand

Jynx
06-08-2006, 01:42 AM
ive tried energizer and duracell numerous times

superstore brand
7 eleven brand

thats preety much it

and all were brand new rite out of the box

codepoet101
06-09-2006, 02:58 AM
did you get your remote wet?

Jynx
06-09-2006, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by codepoet101
did you get your remote wet?

No.
Remote is in fairly good condition. Minor crack on the screen, but nothing major.

dragonone
06-18-2006, 04:05 AM
mine's like that
single light drop on the ground did that
battery meter always shows as 1 bar
still works normally tho

but switching off passive should fix thta battery problem
imo that mode is completely useless
you would have to keep your remote far away if you park in a garage (in a house)
or you wouldn't b able to arm the car when you're in it~

oh and I always keep a pack of batteries in my car, 'cause driving around with your alarm screaming sure gets a lot of attention from folks that you don't want attention from lol

Jynx
06-27-2006, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by dragonone
mine's like that
single light drop on the ground did that
battery meter always shows as 1 bar
still works normally tho

but switching off passive should fix thta battery problem
imo that mode is completely useless
you would have to keep your remote far away if you park in a garage (in a house)
or you wouldn't b able to arm the car when you're in it~

oh and I always keep a pack of batteries in my car, 'cause driving around with your alarm screaming sure gets a lot of attention from folks that you don't want attention from lol

great call on the batteries in the car..
my car wont start when the alarm goes off tho :confused:

MR2-3S-GTE
07-02-2006, 11:50 AM
Thats a little odd....i got E squared ENERGIZER for my remote and haven't changed it for like a few months. Try replacing the remote...warrenty or something...