PDA

View Full Version : Vector Marketing

AllGoNoShow
06-05-2006, 07:12 PM
Anyone ever worked for them?

Got a fairly good job offer from them money wise but not too sure, there is no hourly working so pay variates alot.

Seems to all be sales of Cutco products, which I wouldn't think would be too bad but doesn't seem to lead to many opportunities with the same company in the future.

What do you guys have to say about the company?

YCB
06-05-2006, 07:14 PM
I think you go door-to-door selling knives and stuff, and I have always asssumed it was some sort of pyramid scheme haha.. I knew some guy that did it for a while, but later moved on to something else..

AllGoNoShow
06-05-2006, 07:15 PM
Its not Door-to-Door, its appointment only.

Please read the very first sentance again before you post.

hash
06-05-2006, 07:19 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68249&highlight=vector+marketing

LudeRoca
06-05-2006, 07:20 PM
dude its basically door to door. You start off with your family friends. You do the demo and if they like it they buy it. If not you ask them for 10 people they think might be interested. Then you make appointments with them and so on. You make money off the GP of the knives you sell or 10 bucks for every demo you do.

AllGoNoShow
06-05-2006, 07:21 PM
wtf i searched Vector and it didnt show up, thanks.

jcrules99
06-05-2006, 07:21 PM
haha i tried that shit before man.. its not as good as it sounds

UNLESS

you devote all your time and energy to it

GTS Jeff
06-05-2006, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by AllGoNoShow
Its not Door-to-Door, its appointment only.

Please read the very first sentance again before you post.

Don't go into the technicalities of whether it's actually door-to-door or not. The bottom line is that it's chump work that only deadbeats who can't find a better job do. The only people to succeed in these industries are some of the lamest people I've met, ie. they manage to delude themselves into thinking that people don't find them ridiculously annoying.

I especially hate how companies like Vector prey on poor-ass students by setting up booths on campus with claims like, "you will make an average of $999/hour! Earn valuable business experience!" when it fact it is nothing more than chump work that no one wants to do. I hate Vector takes advantage of students' general poorness and desperation...

Please spare yourself the humiliation of working such a degrading job.

likwid
06-05-2006, 07:25 PM
had friends do it.. its a waste of time, go get a real job instead

eblend
06-05-2006, 08:03 PM
Man I took a marketing course at haskayne last semestrer and the objective was to sell cutco products to ppl for charity (for that class) and well we made over 20 grand in profit for children's wish foundation. It was pretty cool, but it would be hard to sell those cuz htey are damn expensive. i managed to sell 750 bucks worth over 3 month, but i didn't try i just asked a few friends and they bought, if I tried would have been much higher. But at any rate the knifes are fantastic but too damn expensive. I wouldn't want to sell em for a living i know that, cuz its hard to convince ppl on how good the knifes are when they so damn expensive

cman
06-05-2006, 08:09 PM
Those fuckers keep leaving me voice messages, sounded like a scam to me with their money offers...

Graham_A_M
06-05-2006, 08:16 PM
^ its ALMOST a scam, just barely legal. I think its pretty generous to call it a "job". Sure you make $12/hr when your showing people the knives, but when your not showing them off? your busy wasting your gas and time driving to peoples houses. Its esscentially $5/hr plus your gas and vehicle expenses, so is it worth it? :rolleyes:

on par with Quixtar/ Amway.com

AllGoNoShow
06-05-2006, 08:27 PM
Dunno where everyone gets their 15 and 12/hr wages from, they offered me $21 + commission per sale.

Keep the comments coming though.

I'm considering it as a kind of off the table job, do a few on the weekends I don't work, the odd one on a weeknight I don't work, just some extra coin.

theken
06-05-2006, 08:52 PM
go work in a retail store

beecue
06-05-2006, 09:04 PM
hahaha i went there last year .. i thought it was a telephone marketing survey job .. when i got there .. i was like wtf .. and left after like 20min .. seriously how many people are looking to spend $70+ on knives

AllGoNoShow
06-05-2006, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by beecue
hahaha i went there last year .. i thought it was a telephone marketing survey job .. when i got there .. i was like wtf .. and left after like 20min .. seriously how many people are looking to spend $70+ on knives

Actually quite a few. Never even knew about the job before today but have had Cutco in the family for awhile now, my parents, grand parents, family freinds and relatives all have Cutco products and are very happy with them, yes a little more expensive but we have gone though tons of knives here at home and at our cabin ourselves, these have done a very good job so far.

theken, I already have a fulltime job, making more then any retail place has offered me that I have looked into, same goes with the other guys who posted work in retail. This, as I said, would be an on the side job just to bring in a little change now and then if I went through with it.

Nova316
06-05-2006, 10:21 PM
Google Vector Marketing scam...
That should be enough to stop you from ruining your summer...

kerry
06-06-2006, 12:12 AM
I wouldn't do it.

My friend did it before, not worth it.

They make it seem like a great job, but it's only great
for their management positions. It's a lot of work,
and really won't make you "extra coin".

If you want extra cash driving around doing fuck all,
get a job being a delivery guy, I've done that before
and I made WAY more doing it 2wice a week than my
friend who did Vector Full time.

~Leah~
06-06-2006, 07:38 AM
James, don't be stupid, just don't do it buddy. There's better options out there.

kaput
06-06-2006, 07:55 AM

thinmyster
06-06-2006, 08:15 AM
Dunno where everyone gets their 15 and 12/hr wages from, they offered me $21 + commission per sale.

Keep the comments coming though.

I'm considering it as a kind of off the table job, do a few on the weekends I don't work, the odd one on a weeknight I don't work, just some extra coin.

Holy Fauk DO IT then! it seems like you already have your mind made up. But make sure you come back so we can all say we told you so!

Ps. To new grads or anyone in college!!! NEVER SIGN UP FOR SUMMER JOBS/OPPORTUNITIES ON CAMPUS ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY COME CLASS TO CLASS

SinisterProbeGt
06-06-2006, 09:18 AM
Vector is great if you are an exceptional sales person.
Really they Pay very well but only for people who have multi sales per month of there best and most expensive product.
Mgt is also attainable by any person(s) but following the steps to get there.
Sell so many packages plus train some people blah blah blah
Any ways I tried this for about a minute and a half.
But made some good coin for the time.
Its also pretty shity having to Prey on your friends and family for the first little while to get gong.
Cutco is a great product. Just a little expensive.
I say if you’re good at sales or have the gift to gab then do it.
If you are merely mediocre at it and can’t talk to girls to save your life then get a job at Mac’s
P.S There Hourly deal is a HUGE SCAM. You will never see those $$. Basically they will pay you hourly o the deal s or very close deals that you get. Other than that if you can’t prove and verify who you were seeing and when. They will dismiss your appt calling it (not with in our regulations) on your time sheet.

QuasarCav
06-06-2006, 09:24 AM

Actually quite a few. Never even knew about the job before today but have had Cutco in the family for awhile now, my parents, grand parents, family freinds and relatives all have Cutco products and are very happy with them, yes a little more expensive but we have gone though tons of knives here at home and at our cabin ourselves, these have done a very good job so far.

theken, I already have a fulltime job, making more then any retail place has offered me that I have looked into, same goes with the other guys who posted work in retail. This, as I said, would be an on the side job just to bring in a little change now and then if I went through with it.

You would fit them perfectly,

Use your head.

GQNammer
06-06-2006, 12:43 PM
I've been to one of their seminars about 4 years ago and it seems like they're pulling off the same shit they are today as they were back then.

When they say you're not going door to door, that means they expect you to call up every one of your friends and family that you know. Then those people you have on your list goes and gives you more people they know. So it's basically you're depending on your "business" on referrals.

Vector makes it sound like everyone out there will spend 500-1000 on knives if you give your clients an idea how good the knives are. It's a bunch of BS. Unless you know a bunch of people who are rich and don't watch infomercials like i.e. Ronco's knives, then maybe you can pull that shit off.

And for the 21bux/appointment. They give you a whole assload of disrespect when you tell them you had an appointment and sold absolutely nothing. And then in the end, after 2-3 appointments you have that end up not selling anything, they give you the heave hoe.

I can go on and on how bad this company is. In all honesty, if you can make good money with this company, you're probably better off being a car salesman.

GTS Jeff
06-06-2006, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by kaput
Look at all the people telling you to avoid this, why are you still defending it? He is afraid of looking stupid in front of everyone. Most people are like that. It's ironic how the dumber you are, the more defensive you get about looking dumb, thus making you look even dumber.

Toms-SC
06-06-2006, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
He is afraid of looking stupid in front of everyone. Most people are like that. It's ironic how the dumber you are, the more defensive you get about looking dumb, thus making you look even dumber.

:rofl:

t-im
06-06-2006, 01:23 PM
You seem dead set on doing it. SO do it, and prove everyone on Beyond wrong.

QuasarCav
06-06-2006, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by t-im
You seem dead set on doing it. SO do it, and prove everyone on Beyond wrong.

He tried that with his 40K luxury car purchase.

AllGoNoShow
06-06-2006, 09:07 PM
Never defending anyone but since when is Beyond 110% correct?
Why would I follow everyones opinions of my own life?
What kind of challange is there if I do as everyone says?
Where would debate and reasoning come out if nothign were ever challanged?

GTS Jeff, don't start explaining yourself too much their.

Quasar if you wanna be a moron, go ahead, do it outside of my thread though, and read my posts with a little bit of attention and you will understand more, dumbass.

googe
06-06-2006, 10:19 PM
Never defending anyone but since when is Beyond 110% correct?
Why would I follow everyones opinions of my own life?
What kind of challange is there if I do as everyone says?
Where would debate and reasoning come out if nothign were ever challanged?

In that case, I do not think you should drive into a wall. Who agrees?

Gondi Stylez
06-06-2006, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by beecue

yea i made that mistake too but i had enevr heard of cutco before... the guy asked me of what i though of his knives and all the cooking stuff and i basically told him it was all shit and left...

i could easily find ppl to spend 70 or more on a knives, heck i spend over 70 on one knife.. but the quiality is crap and all in all its just a pyramid scheme.... id rather work at crappy tire! :D

Gondi Stylez
06-06-2006, 11:36 PM

im surprised that these SHITTY ASS cutco knives works for you and ur family/extended family. if you think those are great i wonder what you'll think about real quality knives :nut:

products like that rock and chop, magic bullet and the list goes on is nothing more that a crap product being thrown out on the market that impressionable people are sucked into. i feel bad for you and for eveyone else who buys this shit.... one day i hope to be like the oxi clean man who thinks the world is cleaned with oxygen... what a load of crap....

anyways, back on topic... dont take this job

broken_legs
06-07-2006, 07:53 AM
My Cutco Experience:

Way back in the summer of 2000 I was young and stupid and looking for a job back in BC. Saw some add in the paper and the starting wage was $14/Hr. "WOW thats pretty darned tootin" I thought! So I got my mom to front me some cash for a nice shirt and tie, went on down for what I was told was going to be an interview and instead turned out to be a group brainwashing session.

The Vector Grand Cult Lord let us all sit in a sweltering room and watch some lame video then interviewed us all one at a time. Even when I was 18 I knew it was a scam... I told them I wasnt interested, but not before giving them my resume. Those guys called me twice a week for a good month before they finally gave up.

It's a scam! This company is totally crooked. The whole operation is bordering on cult!

Sure I know some people who made a couple bucks, and sure if you are a stellar sales person you could make some cash, but after a while you're going to end up going door to door... It's inevitable. If you're that great of a sales guy GO SELL CARS and make some real money.

Google It.
Vector Marketing Scam (http://www.google.ca/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial_s&hl=en&q=vector+marketing+scam&meta=&btnG=Google+Search)

googe
06-07-2006, 09:48 AM
its not a scam. people just like to cry because they took the job and sucked so it must be a scam. its just sales. you sell things, you make money. you dont, you make nothing. i know lots of people that have done it and some made next to nothing while others were getting free all expenses paid vacations every few months, barbecues, computers, etc.

i do dislike their "im a starving student just listen to what i have to say" tactic though, thats pretty annoying.

i wouldnt do it. theres a lot of money to be made if youre good at it though.

GTS Jeff
06-07-2006, 03:16 PM
GTS Jeff, don't start explaining yourself too much their. Why should I waste my time and effort to writing out a long treatise on the fallacies of the Vector Scam when you won't understand nor care anyway?

It's not that I don't want to help you by offering my opinion, it's just that you don't really care for my opinion to begin with. So in this situation, the most I can really do is type one-liners that smarter people will pick up on right away.

Am I being a total dick? Yes, yes I am. But why should I be nice and offer good advice to you? There's already plenty of people doing that here and all you've done is cut them down. Phuc dat.

Graham_A_M
06-07-2006, 09:21 PM
WOW is this idiocic, you know what? James, go right on ahead and do it if your THAT set on it. But keep in mind, NOT ONE person here is endorsing you to get involved. YOUR RIGHT Beyond isn't always 110% right, but when EVERYBODY votes AGAINEST you getting involved in something; doesn't that speak numbers?

I defended Quixtar (another MLM company) to the death, I was quite literally purple in the face defending it to my friends and family, when everybody knew that I was an idiot to get involved in it. The years passed by and I was still losing money working my guts out "someday I'll be big in this thing" I kept on saying. My biggest problem? trying to get the two years of my life back that I wasted in that joke. I think LOTS of other people would tell you they have simular stories. I know I sure do, my older brother used to be in Cutco a whiles back. He did it for a while. Please re-read my first post about getting $XXX dollars when your showing your presentation, but that DOESN'T factor in the time or money to drive out to a persons home to show them it. Like Quixtar, they "WOO" you with the promises of big money and all that glamour. Too bad thats reserved for the people on the top, and not scrubs like you working your guts out. For everybody making good money, there is probably over 100 of you guys barely scraping by, just "following your dreams" as they put it.

And its SO FRUSTERING because your going down that same path, and its like your just turning a blind eye to everybody else trying to steer you the right way. I'm busy as HELL but I'll take the time to type this shit up so maybe you'll not waste your time and money in that joke. My brother got out of it since its horse shit, they just play on your emotions, and use it to manipulate you to do more sales or whatever. Yes they are great knives, but at a cost!!, The problem is, the profit margins for you are so minimal that the turn-over rate is stunning. Ask a "manager" or whatever you'd call the person above you; is it an "upline" (?)
but ask them how many people a person would have to have "under them" before they make decent profits, and CAN walk away from the selling aspect and still make a good profit. My older brother was damn good at what he did and he tried hard, yet still the profits VS. the time spent making it were horrendous at best.

YOu know? I'm just saying what EVERYBODY else is, nothign more, yet you STILL probably wont listen to me either eh?
Are you STILL going to learn the hardway? :banghead: :nut:

well have fun James, Enjoy wasting your time :rolleyes:

AllGoNoShow
06-07-2006, 11:27 PM
Never said I wouldn't listen to you guys, just have to put up some sort of defendment to get some reasoning :)

Looked over a bunch of online sites and comments and this thread and decided that unless you bust your ass for who knows how long to get up from just a sales rep *one-on-one*, it isn't damn near worth it, so fuckit, no Vector for me :)

cityhunter2501
06-07-2006, 11:36 PM
yeah, its a door to door salesman job.

my good friend who's black prontly refused the job saying to the Vector guy "would you let in a black man carrying knives i your house?" :rofl:

Ben
06-07-2006, 11:37 PM
no Vector for me :)

Smartest post EVAR!!

Zenshi
06-08-2006, 08:07 AM
So we can finally put an end to this stupid job? :)
vector will never have a grasp on the beyond people! :P

Myers
06-08-2006, 10:01 AM
its a scammmm.. had the job last year... not worth it unles you ahve really good family connections, and lost of time to put into it.

Freestylin
06-08-2006, 10:17 AM
haha..i remember this..we had to sit through a couple a hours at first for the interview listening about cutco and then they do some process of elimination to see who would be a good employee. At the end, they offered me the job and expected me to show up for 3 in class sessions which is UN-paid and so at home i decided not to show up. LoL...once i thought about it...it is kinda hard to reach out to middle class ppl who want high end knives...you got to really dedicate your time into this to be making good money.

Myers
06-08-2006, 03:35 PM
hahah i remember the interview.. they did a good demonstration.. i sat there and twiddled my thumbs the whole time.. looking at the ceiling.... and she offered me the job.. when i didnt show up to the meeting i got a snotty phone call from them.. reaming me out for not going.. so called it quits and just hung up

Mazstyle
06-08-2006, 04:32 PM
Man selling $70 knives is small change, you gotta get into selling $2500 vacuum cleaners. Or wait, they call them air purification systems now. And in between you can sell Quixtar products, and to really make BIG money sign up with Primerica and sell life insurance/mutual funds to everyone you know, and remember to recruit all your friends!

dragonone
06-12-2006, 03:24 PM
i called immediately the next day to say that it's not what i was looking for
when u (and I) even considered the job offer than 'we' must be pretty desparate