06-06-2006, 05:00 PM
http://www.pixel-shift.com/beyond/Lotus/Lotus_01.jpg

http://www.pixel-shift.com/beyond/Lotus/Lotus_02.jpg

http://www.pixel-shift.com/beyond/Lotus/Lotus_03.jpg

cheers!
( my apologies for cellphone pics )

jdm_eg6
06-06-2006, 05:02 PM
Oooh! nice, my girlfriends Uncle was looking at one of those, and while doing a test drive somone infront of him drove over a slice of sheet metal and folded it in to a flap and shot it into the front end of the Lotus, and left it with a rad ripped up front end... no cost to him, they seem to have insurance for that dillio :thumbsup: NICE shots man!

izzoblitzo
06-06-2006, 06:12 PM
I saw a grey one the other day.. I thought it was a ferrari at first, then I got around the side and realized it was a lotus. I think they retail for $350k? And can only order them from Vancouver?

snade831
06-06-2006, 06:15 PM
I'd like to speed off in one of those! :thumbsup:

Shoebox//Racer
06-06-2006, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by izzoblitzo
I saw a grey one the other day.. I thought it was a ferrari at first, then I got around the side and realized it was a lotus. I think they retail for $350k? And can only order them from Vancouver?

no they are much much much cheaper than that.

*edit* roughly $55k-$60k ish i think

Eleanor
06-06-2006, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by snade831
I'd like to speed off in one of those! :thumbsup:

Like that guy did from the auto show? lol.

Drew
06-06-2006, 09:41 PM
Ya if i'm right (and i'm not 100% sure so correct me if i'm wrong) but isn't this lotus just a toyota engine wrapped in a shell?

CrvenaZvezda
06-06-2006, 09:44 PM
Nice Spotting, God I love those CARZZZZZ!!!

l8braker
06-06-2006, 09:48 PM
^ Yea, someone else does the engine, it's just packaged together by Lotus.. It's a bare bones car, around 60-80 canadian. I got pics of a black one in the sw thats owned by a blonde, the thing is so small it's perfect for her!

AndrewMZ3
06-06-2006, 10:14 PM
I remember reading that the Elise has the Celica engine in it and the retail was 50kish US.

crazydriver
06-06-2006, 11:56 PM
2006 Lotus Elise
Engine
Toyota supplied, 1.8L 4-cyclinder
190 hp @ 7800rpm
138 lb ft @ 6800rpm

get the details @ http://www.lotuscars.com/

the motor should be a 2ZZ-GE , also found in the Exige, Pontiac Vibe, Toyota Corolla, Toyota Matrix and the Toyota Celica GTS

Lo)2enz0
06-07-2006, 12:01 AM
i saw one just like that about a month ago when i was up in edmonton

Shoebox//Racer
06-07-2006, 01:08 AM
hehe. just dont let the 190 hp fool you

power/weight ratios = :burnout:

Im sure there are some effing fast ones out there.

turab16
06-07-2006, 01:15 AM
this is a super car which utilizes down force and thrust to a maximum!

Evil engineering!! imagine adding a super charger to that engine, one could has a less than 4 sec 0-60mph car!!

i think i just had an orgasm......

Akagi
06-07-2006, 05:52 PM
You would not wanto super charge a 1.8 litre.
You'd want to turbo charge it.

Those are amazingly fast vehicles, so don't let the 190 hp fool you.
they weigh UNDER 2000 lb's.

If that car was pushing 350 hp it would be insanely fast and handle like a dream!

About 60 grand to pick one up!

Stephen81
06-07-2006, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Akagi
You would not wanto super charge a 1.8 litre.
You'd want to turbo charge it.

Those are amazingly fast vehicles, so don't let the 190 hp fool you.
they weigh UNDER 2000 lb's.

If that car was pushing 350 hp it would be insanely fast and handle like a dream!

About 60 grand to pick one up!

Why would you not want to supercharge a 1.8 liter?

There ARE both turbo and supercharger applications for the Elise.

Also, adding sick amounts of horsepower to any car does NOT increase it's ability to handle (please see the thread on Vipers) An Elise pushing 350hp won't just "handle like a dream" It would definately require more skill to pilot and the added power would require suspension and tire adjustments to even begin to take advantage of such power. If you've actually read the road tests of the Elise or Exige you'd understand.

Akagi
06-07-2006, 07:15 PM
Sorry I was in a rush out the door when I made that post! I'll specify.

Turbines run off exaust generated in the engine correct??? We'll the 1.8 litre engine has already been tweaked and will give the most use out of a turbo charger!!.

superchargers run off the belt! In a 4 cylander, the belt doesnt fork out nearly as much tourque and speed as a V6 or even a V8.

I use the general rule of supercharging a V6 minimum!

and turbo all 4 cylander applications.
However with the setback in the superchargers performance, it will make up for it in track times depending on if your hitting circut due to the fact ther eis no turbo lag.

On a quarter mile it just won't push out the same performance because the supercharger can only become as great as the belt that runs on a 4 cylander... rather then unlimited amounts of pottential a turbo can produce!

Stephen81
06-07-2006, 07:24 PM
Sorry I was in a rush out the door when I made that post! I'll specify.

Turbines run off exaust generated in the engine correct??? We'll the 1.8 litre engine has already been tweaked and will give the most use out of a turbo charger!!.

superchargers run off the belt! In a 4 cylander, the belt doesnt fork out nearly as much tourque and speed as a V6 or even a V8.

I use the general rule of supercharging a V6 minimum!

and turbo all 4 cylander applications.
However with the setback in the superchargers performance, it will make up for it in track times depending on if your hitting circut due to the fact ther eis no turbo lag.

On a quarter mile it just won't push out the same performance because the supercharger can only become as great as the belt that runs on a 4 cylander... rather then unlimited amounts of pottential a turbo can produce!

1) It's not always about making the MOST POWER< OMG LOLZ!Z
Depending on what goals you have and what you are willing to sacrifice (reliability, weight, etc) either setup has it's pros and cons.

2) People do not buy the Elise for it's 1/4 mile prowess. If I had an Elise and wanted to make power, it would be for the track. In that case, I'd want a more linear power curve and be able to take advantage of that power as soon as I went on the throttle.

3) For the love of all that is holy, the stock engine in the Elise is more than capable of testing the skills of experienced drivers on the track.

Akagi
06-07-2006, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by stephen_haxton

1) It's not always about making the MOST POWER&lt; OMG LOLZ!Z
Depending on what goals you have and what you are willing to sacrifice (reliability, weight, etc) either setup has it's pros and cons.

2) People do not buy the Elise for it's 1/4 mile prowess. If I had an Elise and wanted to make power, it would be for the track. In that case, I'd want a more linear power curve and be able to take advantage of that power as soon as I went on the throttle.

3) For the love of all that is holy, the stock engine in the Elise is more than capable of testing the skills of experienced drivers on the track.

Don't get me wrong. I just gave you my reasons why I would turbo charge a 4 cylander over supercharging. I wasnt specifically speaking of the elise!

I completely agree with what your saying about that vehicle! and there is no need for it, now it does depend up to the individuals wants / needs.

I personally would turbo charge the vehicle, I enjoy the feeling of the turbo lag and the sound of the turbo! Call me old fasion however I like turboing 4 cylander and leaving super charger for larger displacement engines!

However for track use a supercharger specifically built for that vehicle will generate quicker times, due to the lack of lag you would not have because it wasn't turbo'd.

* ** Back on topic ** *

gorgeous spot!! I still have yet to see one, i'm sure it will drop my jaw when I do! How do you go about bringing one into calgary??

robpark
06-07-2006, 07:30 PM
The car LOOKS cool, but is a TOTAL bitch to get in and out of. THe door sill is tall and WIDE. Not to mention the entire interior is CHEAP/flimsy... I know it is all in an effort to save weight.... but wow...

Would never buy one... $60K for a go-cart.

Sharp looking cars either way.

Akagi
06-07-2006, 07:48 PM
Why do so many people complain how easy or un easy it is to get in an out of a car.. I don't care if I need to lube myself up wiht butter to fit in the cock pit, I enjoy once i'm INSIDE that it is a super tight cockpit race car fit, where my eye site and concentratoin goes to driving while i'm held solidly inside the vehicle.

I'm all about being inside the car, not caring if * wow its going to suck when I wanto get out.. *

bit deal if thats the number one thing on your mind, when your driving 120 in a super fast car * GET OFF THE ROAD YOU"LL KILLL SOMEONE *

Tik-Tok
06-07-2006, 07:57 PM
I saw an episode of TopGear where they raced the Lotus Elige S (supercharged version) VS and 05 mustang gt, obviously the Lotus won, but I was amazed at how the mustang kept up... (at the finish line)

Video of LOTUS VS. MUSTANG (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGx1Au8Rh9c&search=lotus%20vs%20mustang)

Stephen81
06-07-2006, 08:00 PM
Why do so many people complain how easy or un easy it is to get in an out of a car.....
bit deal if thats the number one thing on your mind, when your driving 120 in a super fast car * GET OFF THE ROAD YOU&quot;LL KILLL SOMEONE *

One of the reasons I sold my Celica is that I was tired of getting in and out of the awkward driving position - you're right, when you're inside it's all good...but for running errands, etc it's horrible - not that you'd be running errands in an Elise though haha.

You'd be suprised...yes, the Elise is an amazing handling machine but some people DO consider the ingress/egress to be a little too much.

Akagi
06-07-2006, 08:02 PM
OH I totally agree * IMO * The trickier the better!! Because I dont mind at all.

However my mindset is quite different then the average soccer mom!

Z_Fan
06-07-2006, 08:06 PM
I saw that same car the other day. I presume it to be the same, since I doubt there's a tonne of Orange Lotus Elise's floating around. It was down near Chinook.

I was surprised at how big the car was. I thought it'd be smaller. Go figure. :dunno:

nonsane
06-08-2006, 07:34 AM
Respotted at Calgary Sports Car Club events:

http://www.specr.net/danny/images/album39/DSC00934.sized.jpg

http://members.shaw.ca/slpics/20060603_CSCC/19.html

Nice to see that they actually race it :D

(pictures not taken by me, copyright their respective owners)

Redlyne_mr2
06-09-2006, 08:32 AM
Its what the next gen mr2 should have been ...awesome car

dino_martini
06-09-2006, 06:44 PM
Sweet. I saw a blue Elise on Sirrocco drive. Pretty nice little cars. When I become rich, I want to take on a project that would involve turbo'ing or supercharging a elise. That or, trying to shove a v8 into it..that would be hilarious. :eek: :rofl: