PDA

View Full Version : Silverhill Acura

TC2002
06-06-2006, 05:29 PM
Situation:
My good friend bought a new CSX, fully loaded from them. Has had crap service and issues ever since. What can she do about it? I don't know what to tell her. Obviously she can't get out of the deal.

Issues:

1) Was told the car was in the lot, and she could pick it up in a couple of days. 2 weeks later, she called (seeing how no one even contacted her to let her know the car was ready to go) and was told there was a delay because the car had to be shipped in, and there was a miscommunication that it was IN the lot. No one informed her of this.

2) When she got it, the battery was dead, and needed to be replaced. Brand new car.

3) Dealt with that issue and found more problems: rusty locking wheel nuts, water marks around the car (so much for detailing...), scratches on the back bumper, the driver side door and a rock chip on the front bumper, the moonroof was also uneven on the passenger side, even after paying $250 for the 3M coating to prevent rock chips, there are chips in the hood after a day of driving, and when she touched it, she said it felt like the coating was actually put on top of the chips.

4) Had the damage written down on the bill of sale.

5) Sent in complains to the head, but no avail. All they did was tell her she could leave it with them and they will fix it.

6) She went to Europe for a MONTH, and her car STILL isn't done. Well, the lock nuts were fixed, but the fact is that, she went in to look at it yesterday (or whenever), and found even MORE damage done to the car. Chip in the front of the car in front of the wheel, and there was no one to account for all of this. No one to talk to her, after a month of this crap, let alone to apologize.

Any idea what to do? Should she just forget going back to Acura to get all this stuff fixed and just go to a shop? Good thing they've paid for everything so far.

harley11
06-06-2006, 05:37 PM
sell the car and start over? sounds like a lemon..I bought a 2001 civic nothing but problems sold the car 2 weeks later best thing i could have done...I bought another 2001 civic and was a great car...weird i guess.

dragonone
06-06-2006, 05:39 PM
i thought u could return the entire car within a certain amount of days
talk to the service manager, he's a reasonable guy
or otherwise, speak to a lawyer!

FivE.SeveN
06-06-2006, 05:43 PM
Thats really odd for Silverhill, usually they're really good about service. Maybe they're going downhill lately. :dunno: Have a chat with the manager for sure, they shouldnt ignore their customers like that..

LudeRoca
06-06-2006, 06:45 PM
i dunno about silverhill. Seems like their success has gone to their heads. I go down there sometimes to pick up parts for work and they take forever to help. I spend more time there then i do driving there and back.:thumbsdow

TC2002
06-06-2006, 06:45 PM
I don't know if it's a lemon, but she is getting played, that's for sure. She does enjoy the car, but hates the crap service she is getting. Yah, I'll tell her to see if she can have a talk with the service manager or something.

rc2002
06-06-2006, 06:50 PM
Why did she even take the vehicle? With all that stuff wrong, I would've asked for another car.

The car is going to look like that after a couple months of driving anyway - rock chips, scratches are unavoidable. Personally I wouldn't waste the time and energy - I just wouldn't go back to Silverhill.

achca
06-06-2006, 10:29 PM
sometime i wish we have another new acura dealership in calgary.

frozenrice
06-07-2006, 06:42 AM
Northwest Acura............

TC2002
06-07-2006, 07:55 AM
True enough.

heavyD
06-07-2006, 08:05 AM
Honda paint is crap. When you buy a Honda or Acura dealing woth rock chips is part of ownership especially in Calgary 'the city of paved gravel roads'.

rc2002
06-07-2006, 08:24 AM
Isn't that true with all cars? I see rock chips on just about every car in the city...

benyl
06-07-2006, 08:28 AM
Honda and Subaru paint is especially cheap. funny enough, I find Chrysler paint to be WAY better. BMW has cheap ass windshields!

heavyD
06-07-2006, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
Isn't that true with all cars? I see rock chips on just about every car in the city...

In my experience with my Honda's & my brother's I found Honda paint chips worse than domestics and other imports.

heavyD
06-07-2006, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by benyl
Honda and Subaru paint is especially cheap. funny enough, I find Chrysler paint to be WAY better. BMW has cheap ass windshields!

Ha Ha. My Neon has gone a full year of driving in this city and outside of a couple of minute specs, has no rock chips.

Aleks
06-07-2006, 08:56 AM
And this Is why I 3m'd the crap out of my new car:
Bumper, hood, fenders, mirrors and roof :nut:
Got a good deal thru my brother too

yellowsnow
06-07-2006, 09:01 AM
Acura dealerships are the shit. Doesn't your warranty cover everything including rust, body work, etc? I know for subaru they have that. Stick that warranty in their face, and if they refuse complain to the head office. 1-866-78-ACURA

I've had my fair of battles with Northwest Acura, they are pricks until you go to the head office to complain. Mind you, I've never needed to use my warranty when i bought my RSX, but their service department sucks ass and don't know anything about customer service.

Dren
06-07-2006, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by yellowsnow
Acura dealerships are the shit. Doesn't your warranty cover everything including rust, body work, etc? I know for subaru they have that. Stick that warranty in their face, and if they refuse complain to the head office. 1-866-78-ACURA

I've had my fair of battles with Northwest Acura, they are pricks until you go to the head office to complain. Mind you, I've never needed to use my warranty when i bought my RSX, but their service department sucks ass and don't know anything about customer service.

True...northwest is a bitch with the warranty.

yeerj
06-07-2006, 09:37 AM
I took my car into Northwest Acura to install a new powered antenna. They installed the new antenna but also disconnected the lines for my windshield washer fluid. When I went to use the washer fluid and it was spraying all over under the hood.

I spoke to the service department and they repaired the problem but charged me to do so.

I never went back again.

TC2002
06-07-2006, 06:23 PM

I don't know what her warranty covers. Thanks for the head office number, though, I'll pass that along.

I've never had service to brag about from any dealership (if I don't know anyone working there), if I think about it. :thumbsdow

blue Zed
06-07-2006, 07:01 PM
I keep seeing"silverhill acura",and the comments it seems 9 time out of 10 that this place is a place i want to avoid!!!!!

Or is it just me?

TC2002
06-22-2006, 02:53 PM
Ha ha! They just bought the car back from my friend for the original purchase price. Go figure.

CasperWho
06-22-2006, 03:00 PM
Silverhill Acura = :thumbsup:

CasperWho
06-22-2006, 03:00 PM
Silverhill Acura = :thumbsup:

nadroj23
06-30-2006, 10:18 AM
i honestly think (havent been there myself) would be 10 times better then northwest.....sorry to say but i went to northwest after buying my RSX used private sale to get my oil changed orginally gonna go get it checked out well all i needed was an oil change..so i go pick my car up im 19 years old dont look young but do if you know what i mean. so anyways go to pick up my car and i stand there for 15 mins at the counter and about 5-7 people looked at me smiled and walked away............nobody asked if i needed anything....so anyways i finally talk to somebody cant find my paperwork.......but lucky me i spot it for him fuckin tards. so then they have the nevre to ask me if i own the car....?????? any of their business if i own the car or not? i dont fuckin think so. i coulda been picking the car up for a friend or something doesnt fuckin matter something that shouldnt be asked. if it was stolen why would i take it to a dealership to get serviced? so they put the vin in and see STOLEN ya smart....fuckin retards their and same with crowfoot honda dont much like that place either. dealerships are fuckin rediculus with prices. so i was told my distributor and sparkplugs needed to be changed on my old car a civic. they told me close to $800 for them to change. i went to crappy tire and got NGK spark plugs plus brand new rotor and distributor cap for close to $200 installed myself in 30 mins.....

TC2002
06-30-2006, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by nadroj23
i honestly think (havent been there myself) would be 10 times better then northwest.....sorry to say but i went to northwest after buying my RSX used private sale to get my oil changed orginally gonna go get it checked out well all i needed was an oil change..so i go pick my car up im 19 years old dont look young but do if you know what i mean. so anyways go to pick up my car and i stand there for 15 mins at the counter and about 5-7 people looked at me smiled and walked away............nobody asked if i needed anything....so anyways i finally talk to somebody cant find my paperwork.......but lucky me i spot it for him fuckin tards. so then they have the nevre to ask me if i own the car....?????? any of their business if i own the car or not? i dont fuckin think so. i coulda been picking the car up for a friend or something doesnt fuckin matter something that shouldnt be asked. if it was stolen why would i take it to a dealership to get serviced? so they put the vin in and see STOLEN ya smart....fuckin retards their and same with crowfoot honda dont much like that place either. dealerships are fuckin rediculus with prices. so i was told my distributor and sparkplugs needed to be changed on my old car a civic. they told me close to $800 for them to change. i went to crappy tire and got NGK spark plugs plus brand new rotor and distributor cap for close to $200 installed myself in 30 mins.....

No kidding?! :thumbsdow Who are they to judge who is worth good service and who is not?!? Especially asking if you own the car.

Vdub_girl
06-30-2006, 12:39 PM
Rocks chips are unavoidable with new Acuras. My TSX is covered in them even though it's only a year old. My last 4 year old Jetta only had a quarter as many after 180 000 kms. I'm seriously considering moving away from TSX just because of the poor and extremely thin paint.

TC2002
06-30-2006, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Vdub_girl
Rocks chips are unavoidable with new Acuras. My TSX is covered in them even though it's only a year old. My last 4 year old Jetta only had a quarter as many after 180 000 kms. I'm seriously considering moving away from TSX just because of the poor and extremely thin paint.

I agree, but that is for all cars, and not just new Acuras. How bad were your chips?

Altezza
06-30-2006, 01:28 PM

NW Acura sux. Because of them, I will never own or let another family member own an Acura ever again.