PDA

View Full Version : HKS exhaust too loud?

i-ninja
06-06-2006, 07:24 PM
Got my Hks carbon ti exhaust, but friends of mine said too loud, cops will stop and ticket me. is the hks that loud? and can we install that by ourself, cuz one of my friends is mechanic.Thank you very much.

noodles
06-06-2006, 07:29 PM
unless your driving like an idiot they wont pull you over just for the exhaust. if you get resonators installed it wont be bad...

rc2002
06-06-2006, 07:32 PM
If your mechanic friend can't install the exhaust, I'd be very surprised. It's not the loudness that you get a ticket for - if your tip is wider than stock, that's what the ticket is for. Your exhaust could be quieter than stock, but you'd still get an enlarged exhaust tip ticket.

i-ninja
06-06-2006, 08:01 PM
OMG..the tip is definitley larger than stock........

sl888
06-06-2006, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by i-ninja
OMG..the tip is definitley larger than stock........
LoL yeah I have the HKS Hi-Power for my ep3 and yeah I've been able to almost get a 2 L bottle into it! Honestly it's not that loud and mine came with a silencer (don't use it though). I've always heard good reviews on HKS exhaust and imo it's one of the best sounding exhaust.

theken
06-06-2006, 08:16 PM
if you keep your cats or resonators you wont even notice a difference over stock really

dj_rice
06-06-2006, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
If your mechanic friend can't install the exhaust, I'd be very surprised. It's not the loudness that you get a ticket for - if your tip is wider than stock, that's what the ticket is for. Your exhaust could be quieter than stock, but you'd still get an enlarged exhaust tip ticket.

Does throwing in the silencer reduce the size of the tip to the point of I can argue with the cop and say the size of the hole the silencer is?

i-ninja
06-07-2006, 06:05 PM
good idea

Kaos
06-07-2006, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

Does throwing in the silencer reduce the size of the tip to the point of I can argue with the cop and say the size of the hole the silencer is?

No, because the tip size is still too big.
Everything besides stock is considered illegal.

Myers
06-08-2006, 04:39 PM
how anal are the cops about it though? i mean if your driving hard constantly and attract attention they are going to get you.. but if you keep it low key on the road you should be fine right? Is it actually illegal? as in a ticket'able' offence to have an aftermarket exhaust? purely based on size?

iceburns288
06-08-2006, 04:44 PM
You bought a Carbon Ti? Damn! Just the Ti for the Z is 1300 bucks, I can't imagine how much the upcoming Carbon Ti is going to cost.

Carbon Tis have carbon fiber mufflers and titanium piping, FYI:drool:

CRXguy
06-08-2006, 08:20 PM
My car is pretty loud and surprisingly, I've never been pulled over for it(knock on wood). I usually just put it neutral and coast or leave it in 4th gear. Maybe cuz I drive a wagon. :thumbsup:

Any canister style exhaust will be loud, for the most part.

i-ninja
06-09-2006, 12:06 AM
I love my HKS, not even loud, really deep and rumble, angle exit looks awsome!!