PDA

View Full Version : Importing Issues IMPORTCONCERN.ca

radar2000
06-06-2006, 08:36 PM
okay thanks..close pls.

calgarys13
06-06-2006, 08:48 PM
thats the way it is...i have a car there and so do lots of people ..importconcern is a great company and dominic and christian are great guys and will do everything in there power but they can only do so much...2007 model years are coming out so they're jockying for space with major manufacturers....sooo you just hafta deal with it

theken
06-06-2006, 08:53 PM
yeah deal with it, theres nothing you can do, watch there site "sent on next vessel" 3 months later arrived in calgary, nothing you can do, besides buy one thats here already

mx73someday
06-06-2006, 08:59 PM
Dom said September or November? That doesn't seem right. If it's leaving by RORO vessel, it's not predictable when it will leave, but it should be before August. With RORO, we can only see in the future by 10 days, the schedules aren't held publically, we have to wait for the shipping company to tell our agents that a vessel is leaving.

With container shipping, vessels leave each week, so we can usually get a car out within a month from purchase, but it costs an extra $400-700 per vehicle.

radar2000
06-06-2006, 09:13 PM
The confusion is clear now. My buddy cleared it up with dominic personally. It was just a misunderstanding between him and dominic. Thanks for ur help.

Akagi
06-07-2006, 10:39 AM
Here is the thing everyone must understand.
Importconcern deals with finding vehicles in the broker stock, then getting the information out to clientel then selling the vehicles!!

RORO and other shipping companies * Are there own company *
They have little to do with importconcern, and it is depending on the situation at that company to regards with how long it takes for your vehicle to get here!.

Christian and Dominique are Very nice individuals, they will out out of there way time and time again to ensure the customer finds exactly what he is looking for, they have produced a great website and have been the leading competitors for JDM car importation.

If your vehicle does not arrive when it was quoted it is * NOT IC'S fault.. *

It is the fault of the delivery crate so don't take it out on IC.
IC does the best they can do, but when it comes down to it, after they put the vehicle on the boat they must sit back and let the shipping company do there work, its not even fair if you think about it to bad mouth IC when all they can do is twittle there thumb and hope the staff and the company shipping your product goes according to plan.

Also I have heard people dissing IC because they have had vehicles with several problems. IC brings in allot of vehicles from the broker stock / auction in japan.

Those vehicles are tracked down by a company which is not IC
They like to bring in examples which are cheaper * more affordable to general public * with alittle more imperfections. *

IC retrievs some of these vehicles so they keep there price down! Now they do the best they can to allow people to become more and more aware of the vehicles situation and or problems, If you get a crap car, its not IC's fault. They did the best they could for what they can do, its the buyers fault for picking up a Broker stock vehicle in the first place. It's risky and should not be expected to be a picture perfect vehicle!!

Buy a vehicle that is already in calgary, a vehicle hand picked by IC who then brought it fourth and passed it through OOP Then you'll see some gorgeous examples with flawless mechanics, And you'll realize IC does great work!.

Dont bash the company when they really have no control over when you get the vehicle, or what type of vehicle you recieve.
If you wanto leave it up to SCI buy a canadian landed SCI specific vehicle, not a broker stock vehicle which IC just allows available to clients!

Keep up the good work Dominic and christian, you guys have gone out of your way for my friends, and myself aswell to all the questions I may of had!

Dominic aspecially!
You'll be getting my business in the future.

thesmackdown
06-07-2006, 10:07 PM
one thing i've been wondering for a while is how cheap some of these cars must be in japan. They have a GTS-T skyline for 6500 bucks. So when you consider the shipping, brokerage and all that stuff and then their profit margin wow these cars must be like 2500 or so in japan....

Akagi
06-08-2006, 10:33 AM
check out yahoo motors, allot of the vehicles are being sold for 50 000 or less.
that is 5 hundred bucks!! for rx7's, skylines, civics.