PDA

View Full Version : wakeboarding license

inthesky
06-06-2006, 10:43 PM
hello all
does anybody know if there's some skiboating license or permit u need to pull a wakeboarder?

inthesky
06-06-2006, 11:10 PM
found some info about a license needed as of May 2004, can anyone confirm this?

http://www.boaterexam.com/s/boating_license.html

Thx

brettg
06-07-2006, 12:35 AM
I have my boaters liscence and it has nothing to do with weather ur pulling someone on a wakeboard or skis or tube or anything. the liscence is the same if you have a boat or seadoos.

I have 2 seadoos and my liscence is good for when i drive those and when i drive my friends boats and stuff like that weather were towing eachother or not it is good. you just have to have it with you.
you can get them at the boatshow which just past through town for free, if u pass the test they charge u the fee, like 50 bucks or wutever, and if u dont pass u can take it again no fee untill u pass.

either way my family has a cabin on the shuswap and the water ploice or wutever u want to call them are out in full force these days checking. ive been checked, all the check is if u have a liscence, no matter wut ur doing, ie towing someone.

inthesky
06-07-2006, 12:29 PM
hey thanks for the info.. what's your opinion on wearing a wetsuit while wakeboarding? someone recommended it strongly but i'd like a second opinion

thx again

civicrider
06-07-2006, 12:31 PM
theres no point in wearing a wetsuit unless the water is cold, i do alot of wakeboarding and i hate wearing a wetsuit riding its to restricting.

brettg
06-07-2006, 01:09 PM
ya i wakeboard a ton and havnt worn a wetsuit since i was like 13, lol. my parents bought me one and i wore it cause i didnt no the difference. lol. now when i wakeoard i just wear my neopreane life jacket. not as bulky as traditional lie jackets and much easier to move around it. you want to be flexible when on the water so id say hell no to a wet suit.

inthesky
06-08-2006, 04:20 AM
alright thanks guys..

:)