PDA

View Full Version : Alpine video bypass help

sean84
06-07-2006, 06:29 PM
I just installed a new alpine unit IVA-W200 and i was hoping someone could tell me how to by pass the brake and parking break thing. Thanks.

adam c
06-07-2006, 06:37 PM
if you do that then you void the warrenty

spike98
06-08-2006, 02:15 PM
I am not sure but i think alpine has some newer technology that you need to build a circut to bypass. The older models you could just ground the ebrake wire that comes out of the harness for the unit. Try that. If that doesn't work hit up www.google.ca

theken
06-08-2006, 02:28 PM
just put the wire to a ground

CivicDXR
06-08-2006, 04:11 PM
I've done it in my car... but I've taken the DVD/LCD out since...

Originally posted by theken
just put the wire to a ground

Its not that simple with Alpine decks...

Alpine got smart and realized that people wire their e-brake wire to ground and defeat the purpose of the interlock... they have a system where it will unlock by: stepping and holding the brake, then pulling the e-brake up, down, up, then releasing the brake...

the brake wire can go to the brake signal wire... the e-brake wire, hook it up to a switch, then hook the switch up to ground... the brake will be the brake signal, and the switch will simulate the e-brake...

or if you're lazy and have money coming out of your @$$, you can just buy this: http://cgi.ebay.com/Alpine-Electronic-Video-Bypass-The-Black-Box-R2-NEW_W0QQitemZ9729043151QQcategoryZ67771QQcmdZViewItem

HOLLYWOODJE
06-11-2006, 01:57 PM
i got a pioneer dvd deck in my car and i go tthe bypass switch

brett_00civic
06-11-2006, 04:08 PM
It is actually very simple to do on alpines...There are two ways you can do it...first simply find the video ground and ground it. the easier way is as follows. Find the wire that runs from your e-brake to your e-brake light in your dash(this is usually the one that the video ground runs off of) simply put in an on/off toggle switch. Then you want to have your video playing, flip the switch so the e-brake light in the dash console comes on. Since this is an alpine, you will have to use the same process with the foot brake that you would normaly use, but toggle the switch rather than pull the e-brake. THis also WILL not void your warranty on the deck because you are cutting a pre-existing wire in your car. This is what i did in my civic with the IVA-D310