PDA

View Full Version : Opinion

vdubber
06-07-2006, 09:32 PM
Alright..here's the deal

The one day i drive my dads bmw to school only because my teg is in the shop and i try to go about like its any other day... I drive the car to school and every goes fine and it doesnt get keyed or anything and everything goes as planned, so i back out of the lot bein extra careful and it would mean my life to get in an accident..anyways...i am backing up and it is totally clear and out of no where comes my friend in his jimmy, he stops and i assume this is to wait for me to move forward out of his way or to let me in to go but he proceeds slowly and me not havin time to drive forward he " love taps" my dads car without thinkin ( on purpose) and leaves large paint transfer all along my the bumper of my dads car and large scratch along it.... I then call him wheni get home and look at the damage show my dad .

He tells me that there is no way he is payin for it and it was 100% my fault? The car is a black X3 with a large plastic molding for a bumper and cannot be simply fixed it must be replaced . It was qouted at "$1200" and it must be fixed..... Is it his rightful duty to cover the damage or would this be seen as my fault?

input is appreciated

Stephen81
06-07-2006, 09:37 PM
Any witnesses? Other passengers in your Dad's car or the Jimmy?

///|ndy
06-07-2006, 09:41 PM
When an accident takes place in a parking lot the blame is 50/50.
Meaning that you are both responsible for the damage done to your own vehicles. So you have to pay for the damages done to your dads car.

vdubber
06-07-2006, 09:42 PM
Yes, i had the guys step brother in my car and one of my chick friends way literally right at the back of my car and at the front of the jimmy and i asked her what she saw qouting " you were stationary ( meanin myself) and the jimmy rolled right into the back of you".................. there were about 2 or 3 other guys in the jimmy none of them which were farmilair to me