PDA

View Full Version : what to do about a bank mistake

h_s
06-08-2006, 12:06 AM
i got a visa card recently, after maxing it out, i heard a little legend from my sister that i have an account at a bank (that i wont mention) with some cash in it, i did, 9 whole dollars, but when i went to the branch, the teller took my d-l and pulled up a couple accounts, turns out i have 900 in one and 800 in another savings, so i pull out 400 to pay off insurance/tires... i ask for a statement of past transactions and turns out theres a bunch of daily debit transactions for liquor stores and kfc, i thought this was odd because my mom (joint account... i think) hasnt had a drink in 15 years and is a vegetarian, so i ask her.. turns out thats not my account, just some guy with the same name as me, what should i do??? one friend said withdrawl all the money and dont ever go back, another said just leave it.. keep the 400 and forget about the other guys accounts, another guy said take out some money from time to time... what should i do??? what would you do?? will i get screwed by the cops/bank?? it was a bank error that wasnt my fault, id return the money if it came down to it though,

EK 2.0
06-08-2006, 12:08 AM
karma will get you...

so you KNEW the money wasnt yours...and you still took it??

rc2002
06-08-2006, 12:10 AM
I'd do the right thing. Give back the money that's not yours. Bank transactions are easily traceable.

h_s
06-08-2006, 12:10 AM
no i took the money and then found out it wasnt mind and am contemplating what to do now, take more, leave it, return it, if it helps i did spend $40 dollars of it at cms today

dave101
06-08-2006, 12:12 AM
very interesting situation. be the good samaritan and return the money! you never know what kind of situation money-wise the other guy is in.

(however, if you find out hes a rich motherfucker, take some out from time to time:devil: )

Weapon_R
06-08-2006, 12:15 AM
The bank WILL find out, they aren't stupid and when they do, they will come after you.

3G
06-08-2006, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by h_s
i ask for a statement of past transactions and turns out theres a bunch of daily debit transactions for liquor stores and kfc, i thought this was odd because my mom (joint account... i think) hasnt had a drink in 15 years and is a vegetarian

I think I know whos account that is lmao

eb0i
06-08-2006, 12:16 AM
Don't take more, return the money. It can only get worse from here if you either keep the money or get more of it. Because the person that you just took money from will notice and he will inquire about it and the bank WILL find out and trace it to you. From there only bad things will happen.

lint
06-08-2006, 12:17 AM
the right thing to do is to return the money since it was a mistake. Dount anything bad would happen, since you really didn't know it was a mistake until afterwards.

if the guy has $900 and $800 in 2 accounts, chances are he's going to miss a $400 withdrawl and alert the bank. I would not recommend going back and trying to make another withdrawl. They'll probably be tipped off and have the account flagged.

h_s
06-08-2006, 12:18 AM
yah,, kind of easy to trace it to me if his name is exactly the same as mine, (8 letter first, 7 letter last) not a very common bob smith, tom jones name

and hes not very rich at all, $1500 paydays, blows most of it @ liquor stores and rona home and garden

mucat
06-08-2006, 12:21 AM
Like richardchan2002 said, bank transactions are always traceable.

And it is not your money. Before, you didn't know it wasn't your accout and mistakenly took the money, now you know, you should give it back.

Plus, you don't know how important are the money to the owner, the owner might need to use those money right now.

TheShotgun
06-08-2006, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by h_s
i got a visa card recently, after maxing it out, i heard a little legend from my sister that i have an account at a bank (that i wont mention) with some cash in it, i did, 9 whole dollars, but when i went to the branch, the teller took my d-l and pulled up a couple accounts, turns out i have 900 in one and 800 in another savings, so i pull out 400 to pay off insurance/tires... i ask for a statement of past transactions and turns out theres a bunch of daily debit transactions for liquor stores and kfc, i thought this was odd because my mom (joint account... i think) hasnt had a drink in 15 years and is a vegetarian, so i ask her.. turns out thats not my account, just some guy with the same name as me, what should i do??? one friend said withdrawl all the money and dont ever go back, another said just leave it.. keep the 400 and forget about the other guys accounts, another guy said take out some money from time to time... what should i do??? what would you do?? will i get screwed by the cops/bank?? it was a bank error that wasnt my fault, id return the money if it came down to it though, Whats shitty about someone like you is that you even have to ask this question. Wow, society and people suck.

TheShotgun
06-08-2006, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by h_s
yah,, kind of easy to trace it to me if his name is exactly the same as mine, (8 letter first, 7 letter last) not a very common bob smith, tom jones name

and hes not very rich at all, $1500 paydays, blows most of it @ liquor stores and rona home and garden

And it's HIS money to do it with!! Not yours!! Fuck man!

/////AMG
06-08-2006, 06:46 AM
Why would you even think about taking it?
Save yourself the hassle and return all the money and let the bank know about the mistake.

Thaco
06-08-2006, 06:50 AM
theft is theft, and it will catch up with you.

snade831
06-08-2006, 07:11 AM
ya, give it back. karma is a bitch

gram
06-08-2006, 07:19 AM
It's called bank fraud. I would strongly suggest you get your a$$ in to that bank and come clean. Otherwise you'll have 1-5 years to think about it in the slammer. Not really worth $400.00

READ THE FINE PRINT ON YOUR BANK ACCOUNT!

Banks hire Investigators and have cameras for these types of situations. On top of all of this you go on a forum where you can be traced to talk about it? You'd be lucky to get off owing them interest for your "borrowed" money.

kaput
06-08-2006, 07:45 AM

GoChris
06-08-2006, 08:05 AM
so now you know its not yours and are thinking about taking more out?

think of some choice words i'd like to write here. keep the money, go to jail, it will be worth it

Aleks
06-08-2006, 08:09 AM
Bank once put 15 Grand in my account by accident. it sat there for a month. i finally went in and told them about it and they gave me 5 bux as a reward!

They also said had I spent it there is nothing they could have done. Their mistake. Still I would have felt to guilty taking it.

/////AMG
06-08-2006, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Aleks
Bank once put 15 Grand in my account by accident. it sat there for a month. i finally went in and told them about it and they gave me 5 bux as a reward!

They also said had I spent it there is nothing they could have done. Their mistake. Still I would have felt to guilty taking it.

How long ago was that? I'm sure they still would have tried getting back most of it.

air_mikey
06-08-2006, 08:26 AM
if you went into the bank and took out money from someone elses account they will find out. those cameras are pretty good. I work at a bank and saw the picture from one of those, and man, you can make out every single detail. They will catch you for bank fraud, or even identity theft. I would return the money...and depending on which bank it is, they mite have written down your dl number on the transaction slip so...

TrevorK
06-08-2006, 08:35 AM
The bank is able to correct the error themselves if they notice - they don't need your permission.

sputnik
06-08-2006, 08:36 AM
The bank auditors will catch you and you will have to pay it back or there will be a nice derogatory comment on your credit rating.

Thaco
06-08-2006, 08:59 AM
It's not just the legal end of it, but you probably just took some poor guys rent money.

Si_FlyGuy
06-08-2006, 09:08 AM
You have a joint account with your mom? What are you, 12?
Geez give the money back already. Your sister should be fired too.

h_s
06-08-2006, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Si_FlyGuy
You have a joint account with your mom? What are you, 12?
Geez give the money back already. Your sister should be fired too.

i was, little trust fund emptied for the downpayment of my sisters house. i guess ill hit the bank today to give it back

Aleks
06-08-2006, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by /////AMG

How long ago was that? I'm sure they still would have tried getting back most of it.

This was about 6+ years ago. They just said they would have tried to get it back but If i refused they probably couldn't do anything. 15Grand was huge for me back then. Even today you just don't take whats not yours so I wouldn't.
I did find it funny that she said here is 5 bux for your honesty get a coffee and a donut.

nonsane
06-08-2006, 10:08 AM
If you found 400$ missing from your account wouldn't you want the person who took it out to return it?

For a mistake like that the teller could be FIRED. (Would you want to be fired for someone elses greed?)

OR person probably needs to pay rent/mortage and could be evicted!

There is alot more harm that can occur than you think.

hustler
06-08-2006, 10:19 AM
from the many repeated testimonials broght forward in this thread choice is simple the reprucussions, and guilt just arent worth it. All for what $400?

Xtrema
06-08-2006, 10:39 AM
I was the receiving end of this scam/problem. Teller mistakening withdrew from my account. They trace it down and put all the missing money back. But I didn't know what action they have taken. Most likely the teller got into shit.

It's probably honest mistake if you don't know about it. But you do so you should pay it back.

http://cdn.channel.aol.com/ch_tv/my_name_is_earl_tv_200_lee
Karma is a bitch.

asuth077
06-08-2006, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by GoChris
think of some choice words i'd like to write here. keep the money, go to jail, it will be worth it

:werd: Maybe even go in with a weapon and demand money from everyones accounts.

Ben
06-08-2006, 10:47 AM
Sounds to me like you're the poor one h_s. Criticizing someone else’s hard earned account and you're the one stealing and actually having to ask if you should give it back.

Stick to your joint account momma’s boy. Your inconsiderate ass could cause a lot of problems for other people, that and the fact you're doing it with a bank, they'll figure it out.

Kamen
06-08-2006, 10:47 AM
Why would you even contemplate taking more? Even if the bank doesn't find out, I'm pretty sure the other KFC loving dude will when he finds out 400 finger licking good dollars are missing...

Don't let greed consume you, unless you like dropping soap.

Bill Cosby
06-08-2006, 10:52 AM
i cant even believe you are thinking about draining this guys account, karma will fuck you in the ass for the rest of your life, and i am talking about karma the man spending the rest of his life in the slammer for raping billy goats

enjoy :thumbsup:

cmodem
06-08-2006, 01:40 PM
can somebody just land this guy into jail with identity theft.

USED
06-08-2006, 02:14 PM
I can't believe that you would actually come on here and ask if you should take more! You are one fucked up individual. Think about if this person had done this to you, you would probably be crying on beyond that someone took you money. :thumbsdow

BebeAphrodite
06-08-2006, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by h_s
no i took the money and then found out it wasnt mind and am contemplating what to do now, take more, leave it, return it, if it helps i did spend $40 dollars of it at cms today

Your first post and this post seriously made my jaw drop.

Originally posted by TheShotgun
Whats shitty about someone like you is that you even have to ask this question. Wow, society and people suck.

Originally posted by USED
I can't believe that you would actually come on here and ask if you should take more! You are one fucked up individual. Think about if this person had done this to you, you would probably be crying on beyond that someone took you money. :thumbsdow

I totally agree. It amazes me that you would even consider this, you're like those people who when they find a phone somewhere they will consider whether or not to take it or if they find a wallet, whether or not to drain the money and keep it.
I don't even think there should be a question regarding things like that, my first thoughts are to return an item to someone. When I've lost wallets and cell phones I've had everything returned to me and at great relief, I like to think that by me returning things to their rightful owners that there are good people out there who will also return my stuff to me.

Wow wow wow. Some people are just unbelievable.

CalgarySupra
06-08-2006, 02:36 PM
yeah i had atb put 250,000 accidently in my business account. i did check that sub account until a month later. atb makes a lot of mistakes. they where not even looking for it. who cares about money. money is generally over rated. why would you take someones money ? see in calgary you can get a JOB anywhere and make money. i still dont get why people are that lazy

5hift
06-08-2006, 03:03 PM
What you've already done is fraud. I have a hard time believing (and so a lot of people that have seen this thread) that you honestly thought your account which was supposed to have $9 in it actually had $900, and that you even had another account with $800. No one with the ability to do their own banking or even get to a bank can be this stupid.

If your going out of your way to empty an account that only has $9, and you mentioned your visa is maxed out, forget being broke, your negative dollars right now. Anyone in this situation would not just forget about $1700 they have in two different accounts. It doesnt really make sense as well, that a joint account with your mom would only have $9 in it as most adults dont let their accounts run this dry. Secondly if it was a joint account with your mom, it was made when you were a kid, meaning the account its primarily in her name, and your second on the list meaning you cant close or empty the account. Lastly if it was a joint account with both your and your moms names on it, I dont see how it could get confused with a single person account that it did end up getting confused with.

Also you mentioned that you got a chance to look at the transactions list and didnt recognize any of the purchases. What any normal honest person would do in this situation is speak up to the teller to find out whats going on with their account. You realized the mistake the teller made and what was going on, and thought you would be slick and take out some cash to see what happens.

The worst part of your story is you ripped off some poor guy who obviously doesnt make alot. Instead of feeling bad you comment on how he spends his measly paychecks on booze and KFC. He maybe a poor alcoholic, but you do realize that at the same time your completely dependant on your parents, and probably have no expenses living at home, and to top it off your not only broke, but in debt. Way to call the kettle black.

From the number of holes in your story to all the things that dont add up, its pretty obvious whats going on. Your even lying in your posts on Beyond. You knew what was going on and tried to profit from it. Now that it might get traced back to you, your worried probably because you'd get in trouble from the Bank, Police, or even worse, Mommy.

topmade
06-08-2006, 03:11 PM
:closed: :closed: Be a man and go back to the bank and make it sound like a mistake and give the money back, even if you have to make payments. Banks screw up all the time and you will have to pay back sooner or later :closed: :closed:

asuth077
06-08-2006, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by 5hift
What you've already done is fraud. I have a hard time believing (and so a lot of people that have seen this thread) that you honestly thought your account which was supposed to have $9 in it actually had $900, and that you even had another account with $800. No one with the ability to do their own banking or even get to a bank can be this stupid.

If your going out of your way to empty an account that only has $9, and you mentioned your visa is maxed out, forget being broke, your negative dollars right now. Anyone in this situation would not just forget about $1700 they have in two different accounts. It doesnt really make sense as well, that a joint account with your mom would only have $9 in it as most adults dont let their accounts run this dry. Secondly if it was a joint account with your mom, it was made when you were a kid, meaning the account its primarily in her name, and your second on the list meaning you cant close or empty the account. Lastly if it was a joint account with both your and your moms names on it, I dont see how it could get confused with a single person account that it did end up getting confused with.

Also you mentioned that you got a chance to look at the transactions list and didnt recognize any of the purchases. What any normal honest person would do in this situation is speak up to the teller to find out whats going on with their account. You realized the mistake the teller made and what was going on, and thought you would be slick and take out some cash to see what happens.

The worst part of your story is you ripped off some poor guy who obviously doesnt make alot. Instead of feeling bad you comment on how he spends his measly paychecks on booze and KFC. He maybe a poor alcoholic, but you do realize that at the same time your completely dependant on your parents, and probably have no expenses living at home, and to top it off your not only broke, but in debt. Way to call the kettle black.

From the number of holes in your story to all the things that dont add up, its pretty obvious whats going on. Your even lying in your posts on Beyond. You knew what was going on and tried to profit from it. Now that it might get traced back to you, your worried probably because you'd get in trouble from the Bank, Police, or even worse, Mommy.

PWNED

eb0i
06-08-2006, 04:43 PM
I wonder how the bank just let him withdraw money using a drivers license. Wouldn't they notice that he doesn't have the same address....birthdate...

Don't you need a bank card and a pin to access this other guys account as well?

Sharpie
06-08-2006, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by eb0i
I wonder how the bank just let him withdraw money using a drivers license. Wouldn't they notice that he doesn't have the same address....birthdate...

Don't you need a bank card and a pin to access this other guys account as well?
You would think now adays you would need a pin and bankcard # to take out money...

talon31
06-08-2006, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by h_s
i got a visa card recently, after maxing it out, i heard a little legend from my sister that i have an account at a bank (that i wont mention) with some cash in it, i did, 9 whole dollars, but when i went to the branch, the teller took my d-l and pulled up a couple accounts, turns out i have 900 in one and 800 in another savings, so i pull out 400 to pay off insurance/tires... i ask for a statement of past transactions and turns out theres a bunch of daily debit transactions for liquor stores and kfc, i thought this was odd because my mom (joint account... i think) hasnt had a drink in 15 years and is a vegetarian, so i ask her.. turns out thats not my account, just some guy with the same name as me, what should i do??? one friend said withdrawl all the money and dont ever go back, another said just leave it.. keep the 400 and forget about the other guys accounts, another guy said take out some money from time to time... what should i do??? what would you do?? will i get screwed by the cops/bank?? it was a bank error that wasnt my fault, id return the money if it came down to it though,

im used to your stupid comments in the oilers thread, but this is beyond stupid. how could you even consider it? atleast you say your going to give it back, i just cant believe you needed beyond to convince you. :thumbsdow

Toms-SC
06-08-2006, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Ben
Sounds to me like you're the poor one h_s. Criticizing someone else’s hard earned account and you're the one stealing and actually having to ask if you should give it back.

Stick to your joint account momma’s boy. Your inconsiderate ass could cause a lot of problems for other people, that and the fact you're doing it with a bank, they'll figure it out.

amen :thumbsup:

Myers
06-08-2006, 05:59 PM
hahah for fucks sake just return it.. having to ask a bunch of people what to do? its fucking obvious... return it... that way karma will never come after you.. well it may for coming on here and having to ask what to do! jeeeez
:nut:

~Leah~
06-09-2006, 07:52 AM
I don't understand how someone with the same name gets into the wrong account. Don't they ask for your bank card??? And if you don't have that, some other form of ID.... that's fucked and so are you. Like others have said, your story doesn't add up... I kinda hope situation this fucks you in the ass... with no lube... multiple times... some people are very very stupid. Prime example: you.

Mixalot27
06-09-2006, 05:51 PM
If you had to show ID to withdraw the money, then the mistake will likely be reversed by the bank. What will happen is that whoever's account the money came out of will notice its missing at some point, then they will notify the bank. The Bank will then look up the transaction in question and most likely have documentation of your ID info, so they will know it was you who took the money. Then they will debit the money from your account (assuming you have that much in there). Otherwise it will put your account in overdraft, your account will be frozen and you will likely be reported for fraud. This will make things very unpleasant for you.

So do the right thing and just return it. It may have been a mistake at first. However the minute you realized it wasn't your money you are obligated to return it. If you don't it will likely affect negativly on your relationship with your bank and your credit at the least. In addition I think you may face criminal charges as well. So just give it back

Donmega
06-12-2006, 01:12 PM
y would u even ask such a stupid question? It wasnt yours to begin with, its not yours now, and it won't be later.................................soooo..........wtf?? is that hard of an answer? as for the money u already spent put it back.

fuk sakes

h_s
06-12-2006, 11:17 PM
ok, went to the bank and turns out that the teller fucked up with the transaction history, turns out it was my money and theres another 36000 left in there :D

and... PLEASE stop with the holier than thou, fuck off return the money attitude, dont act like youve never taken a handout in your life

btw: by the take it, leave it, return it post, it wasnt what i was thinking about doing, it was my options that i had in front of me

dankish1
06-12-2006, 11:24 PM
keep the money! lol if they realise that they fucked up then they will take it from your account.
it is a bank that has secure banking right?
cause if it is then the guy that is out the money will jsut have it retuned from the bank. if not then id definattly return it....
karma is reallly a bitch

BlackArcher101
06-12-2006, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by h_s
ok, went to the bank and turns out that the teller fucked up with the transaction history, turns out it was my money and theres another 36000 left in there :D

:bullshit: You expected $9, but now you find out there is $36,000 but don't seem that all suprised. Uh okay then.

Palmiros
06-13-2006, 12:01 AM
Hey listen, as far as "being guilty goes" thats no offence. I doubt this guy went into the bank and gave them fake id or something. Sure, its not right to steal someones money, BUT their mistake, their problem, where did all the "you`re guilty, fraudulent transaction" crap come from?

M_K_3
06-13-2006, 12:06 AM
nevermind lol *edit*

AzN'SKillZ
06-13-2006, 12:16 AM
^agreed, if tis was true thou i would say give the money back cuz karma will eventually get u

if i got 15 g in my bank cuz of a fcuk up i would give it back but at least keep a little for myself.

anarchy
06-13-2006, 12:28 AM
As said previously, you'll get caught. They will easily trace the money, and you'll get nailed pretty hard by the authorities. Return the money ASAP and you might be okay. You'd be an absolute idiot to try and take more out.

boopydogg
06-13-2006, 12:33 AM
the moment you found out that it wasnt your account it was no longer a mistake it became fraud. It may not be leagally fraud(i dont know the law) but morially its fraud.I'm not an angel by any means but i do have limits and i was taught the difference between right and wrong and this is wrong. keeping it was wrong. Just tell them about the mistake and i bet they will be understanding about it, but the fact that you spent all the money on things for yourelf and just blew it and then you say "i'd return it IF it came down to it" no you should return it because its not yours.

ianmcc
06-13-2006, 09:45 AM
Hey, thats the $400 that went missing from MY account. And I blamed my wife! Just give me the money and I won't say a word. Promise. It'll be our little secret.........

gatorade
06-13-2006, 03:31 PM
what a tool

h_s
06-14-2006, 11:58 PM
honest to god everything ive said in this thread is true, i took the 400 bucks and thought it was mine, found out it wasnt mine and went back, turns out the teller fukced up and im sitting on ALOT more (parents are loaded trust me, if you knew me in high school you would know)

my buddy always told me those beyond guys are fuckin morons but never really realized it until now, you guys are fucking tools, like i have nothing better to do than to post on beyond to get rid of my own guilt?? fuck right off

BlackArcher101
06-15-2006, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by h_s
[Bmy buddy always told me those beyond guys are fuckin morons but never really realized it until now, you guys are fucking tools, like i have nothing better to do than to post on beyond to get rid of my own guilt?? fuck right off [/B]

You're posting on beyond.... that makes you... a beyond guy! Your friend is right. If the other beyond members are like you, then everyone is a moron.

eljefe
06-15-2006, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by h_s
honest to god everything ive said in this thread is true, i took the 400 bucks and thought it was mine, found out it wasnt mine and went back, turns out the teller fukced up and im sitting on ALOT more (parents are loaded trust me, if you knew me in high school you would know)

my buddy always told me those beyond guys are fuckin morons but never really realized it until now, you guys are fucking tools, like i have nothing better to do than to post on beyond to get rid of my own guilt?? fuck right off

Your "buddy" ? By your self deluding posts and bipolar ranting I can't imagine anyone would actually want to consider you a friend. Manners would be nice too, Fuck right off please

Sharpie
06-15-2006, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by h_s

Wow if you dont like beyond then fucking leave no one is keeping you here.. Now go cry to mommy and daddy for some more money....

2000_SI
06-15-2006, 04:14 PM
Your upset because people ragged on you for asking if you should steal MORE money from someone elses account :rolleyes:

If the first withdrawl was a mistake, fine, shit happens. Your a fucking idiot because you thought it was someone elses account after the fact and then asked if you should steal more!

Yeah, people on beyond are morons because they are honest:rolleyes:

gatorade
06-15-2006, 05:51 PM
your parents need to teach you a lesson in morality and hardwork, morality because you should have known it was wrong right away, and hard work so you could understand you were taking someone elses hard earned money.

canadian_hustla
07-30-2006, 07:46 PM
yeah made the right decision by returning the money..

I used to be a teller at TD, they write your DL# on the back of the transaction slip you sign, so if you did take it.. take more money and run, they could hunt you down with the DL# on the back of the transaction sheet (which is sent through trace and is faxed back to the branch for investigative purposes) - in which the camera footage etc etc are backdated and used.

Teller's do make mistakes, however 99.9% of customers will do the right thing and return the money - you always get that .01% that are envious self righteous pieces of shit who will con whatever they can from a blue collar person's hard working dollar

you did the right thing by returning it, you are not in jail, you don't have a criminal record which will hinder any chances of GOOD employment in the future - give yourself a pat on the back, society loves you

l8braker
07-30-2006, 07:57 PM
Holy fuck you're an idiot.

silbergrau330
08-08-2006, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by h_s

and... PLEASE stop with the holier than thou, fuck off return the money attitude, dont act like youve never taken a handout in your life

btw: by the take it, leave it, return it post, it wasnt what i was thinking about doing, it was my options that i had in front of me

You, my good sir, are a piece of shit. You magically found an account with 36,000 in it :bullshit: ? And yes, many have taken hand outs, this is not a hand out, THIS IS FUCKING STEALING! And from someone who prob works hard to earn it. You are everything that is wrong with society, drop dead you fuck. :guns:

black_2.5RS
08-09-2006, 05:07 AM
Ummmmm, what the hell is wrong with you?

MrPid
08-09-2006, 06:32 AM
Dooms_Bane! (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=139871) Quit fuckin' around!

Merkur
08-09-2006, 10:11 AM
How can you not know that you have an account with 36000 dollars in it?? And secondly if your parents are that rich why do you max out your credit card and go to bank to withdraw 9 dollars?:bullshit:

Tik-Tok
08-11-2006, 08:30 PM
One time, I e-mail transferred money from bank 'x' to bank 'y', the next day I checked to make sure everything was good. The money was in bank 'y', however, the money never left bank 'x'... I checked the account history and saw that overnight bank 'x''s computer system put the money back in, and under the transaction message was "error" or something.

It's been 2 years, no one has found the error yet, and I haven't even spent the money yet (always make sure that the exact amount is the minumum in that account).

If this were another person I was stealing from, I'd have returned the money instantly... but since it's a big faceless corporation that posts record profits every 1/4. FUCK `EM! (though I really dont know when I'll get around to spending that money, it was a significant amount too)

Cruz
09-03-2006, 06:29 PM
Maybe 2 months ago, I made a deposit and paid off 2 credit cards and made a transfer all in the same visit. Somehow the teller made a boo boo and miscounted the deposit (possibly due to the multiple transactions). I didn't even notice that she had made the mistake until I received a call from the bank the following morning. I then checked my receipt and sure enough, noticed the $100 mistake (in my favour). They reversed the entire transaction and redid it properly.

This isn't Monopoly. Bank errors in your favour don't usually happen in real life.

biggie_82
09-05-2006, 07:22 AM
This all sounds a bit off. Most banks would require you to enter your PIN prior to releasing funds. If not they would require a piece of ID (sometimes 2) if you forgot/didn't know your PIN. I also find it very odd that when the teller did pull up your profile that the many descrepancies didn't throw her off (your telling me there was another guy like you with the exact same birthdate)??

The other thing is wouldn't she have noticed that your $9 account wasn't showing up with the profile but in fact two different accounts??

Could be a bizarre mistake on the teller here but in my opinion there are so many red flags popping up that I'm surprised you even got the money.

Mar
09-05-2006, 09:50 AM
What will happen if you keep it?
Likely the bank will contact you but there's not a lot they can do. All that money is insured, the account owner will get it all back.

What would I do?
Return what I can and notify the bank. If I spent the $400 and would have to sacrifice to replace it, I'd tell the bank it was their mistake. But if I still had it, I'd give it back.

elmo909
09-06-2006, 04:55 PM

BlkMaxima
09-06-2006, 05:02 PM
WHEN the bank finds out the money will come out of your acount and put you into the negative!:thumbsdow

yellowsnow
09-07-2006, 01:23 PM
Yeah you're dumb. So you're saying the 36000 is your parents money? i find it hard to believe a teller found this money just hiding somewhere. Even if it's your parents money, i hope you're returning it to them.

And yes, once the bank finds out, they will take the money out of your account. And if you don't have enough money, they will freeze your account and you will be charged an NSF fee for every cheque, automatic debit coming out of your account... and your credit rating will go down the shithole.

and NO, i have never stolen $900 from anyone in my life. Not everyone is a thief like you, some of us have morals

Mar
09-07-2006, 09:41 PM
This guy just keeps lying to try and make it better. Are they handing out credit cards in high schools now? If my parents were rich enough to move $36,000 cash between accounts and not worry about their kid spending it at CMS, I wouldn't be driving a 15 year old Civic.

88CRXGUY
09-07-2006, 09:48 PM
I think that this guy is just getting to get attention and to be all cool. He is just some little tool wanting us to think that he's all grown up because he asked us what should he do. Any normal person would have the logic to understand between right and wrong and give it back. Why would you come on and ask a bunch of strangers of what you should do. Your a fucken idiot and when you get some common sence you should come and post something mature and decent that we can talk about(not something this stupid).

If it was your money you'd be pissed. Your some little punk bitch teenager and all that you do is care about yourself. So get some logic(common sence) and some maturity and come and post(same goes with your friend).

riceeater
11-04-2006, 10:27 AM
fuck too bad this happened almost 2 months ago... fuck this fruit bag, i'd call his bank and inform them of this shit if i knew his name :nut: :rofl:

36k kicking around? that COULD be, assuming your parents started a college fund for you, but boy will they be surprized when they found out their retard son has been dipping into it to pay off credit cards and "mods" so he keeps his other accounts looking clean :rolleyes:

but hey, tell me something... when you got the original transaction record, there was no account TOTAL on those papers?? hahaha you're SOOOOO full of shit that its fuckin pathetic... what sort of dumbass cashier mistakes 2 accounts totallin 1700bux, with ONE account having 360000????? BUUUUUUUT, BUT, even if it was true, that makes NO SENSE as to where the KFC and liqoure charges came from, so shut the fuck up you scum son of a bitch.... someone please post this fag's name and lets call crimestoppers on his ass and let them figure it out.... he can add it to his plethora of "cops have it out for me" threads :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: fckin quiff

seer_claw
11-04-2006, 10:47 AM
I think that this guy is a f'ing idiot. After the last post I'm wondering why he's still around. The threads are retarded, any person with common sense would know what to doin any of the situations this dumbass finds himself in. I really don't think that he does much for this site. I say Ban.

LEB MAFIA
11-04-2006, 11:06 AM
From Eating KFC and Boozing up hes prolly dead already lol

riceeater
11-04-2006, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by LEB MAFIA
From Eating KFC and Boozing up hes prolly dead already lol

and if not, he's probably been dead inside for a while :rofl:

88CRXGUY
11-04-2006, 01:14 PM
He's just a little punk bitch sitting on his computer at home trying to get attention. Since that he seems to be a liar no one wants to be friends with him, thats why he post things on Beyond thinking that we will believe it. He's doing what any starved teenager would do. Maybe he'll realize once he gets his ass kicked a couple of times for lying maybe he'll stop, but I dout it.