PDA

View Full Version : HELP...im all wet! sunroof leaks

CCM Pro
06-08-2006, 03:21 PM
Hey i have a mazda 323 and when it rains a bit my sunroof leaks in a couple of spots and its getting to be a real pain. I have no idea how to stop it...I am wondering of someone has suggestions and/or a place to bring it to get it fixed. Someone help please!!:confused:

D. Dub
06-08-2006, 04:42 PM
Make sure its adjusted and closes properly

Spray the seals with silicone spray..they swell and it seals better for a while anyways.

Replace the seals

CrvenaZvezda
06-08-2006, 04:54 PM
I would replace the seals!!!

CCM Pro
06-08-2006, 06:01 PM
ok cool...where do i got to replace the seals? I have NO idea how to do that so I need to take it somewhere

Sharpie
06-08-2006, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by CCM Pro
ok cool...where do i got to replace the seals? I have NO idea how to do that so I need to take it somewhere
Your best bet would be to take it to a dealer and get it checked out. If it is to expensive hit up the wreckers and attempt to do it yourself.

Supa Dexta
06-08-2006, 10:04 PM
Is it a beater?.... If it's a beater sounds like a job for some cock..

edit... just went and checked it's actually spelled caulk, who knew...

CCM Pro
06-08-2006, 11:16 PM
its a beater...whats a caulk??

snowboard
06-08-2006, 11:17 PM
caulking, sealant.

The Cosworth
06-09-2006, 12:05 PM
If your cars sunroof is stock, you can get a moisture seal from a dealers part counter for Not to bad, but if its after market, go to a place that does after market stuff and they SHOULD be able to fix it. Apple Auto Glass does custom sun roofs. they might be able to fix a stock one too.

lint
06-09-2006, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

asuth077
06-09-2006, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta

:rofl: The best is if you tryed googling it

"Mazda Cock" nope
"Sunfroof Cock" nope
"Sealing Cock" nope

You must of found some messed up things.

Thaco
06-09-2006, 12:42 PM
i know i had this problem with a prelude i would get a shower when i pressed the brakes in the rain, apparently it is a common problem with preludes but it mayhelp you and hopefully help you avooid unnecessarily replacing the seal.

in the prelude there are hoses that run from the sunroof to allow it to drain out, there was one that went to each fender, the end s of these were tapered so they got full of crap, and then the water wouldn't drain out... so i just took the little tapered end's off the hoses and it worked perfectly fine after that, never a drip.

Das_Amaretto
06-09-2006, 09:09 PM
^BRILLIANT! :thumbsup:

thx 4 that, Thaco, just did mine and had to snake it with a hanger with how clogged it was, now water flows right out.

euro_racer
06-09-2006, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Thaco
i know i had this problem with a prelude i would get a shower when i pressed the brakes in the rain, apparently it is a common problem with preludes but it mayhelp you and hopefully help you avooid unnecessarily replacing the seal.

in the prelude there are hoses that run from the sunroof to allow it to drain out, there was one that went to each fender, the end s of these were tapered so they got full of crap, and then the water wouldn't drain out... so i just took the little tapered end's off the hoses and it worked perfectly fine after that, never a drip.

yes they are called run-off hoses i believe, it usually happens with older cars because they get claughed up. i once saw a car leaking from the rear view mirror because of that problem