PDA

View Full Version : Things That Bug You About Video Games

Turboboost
06-08-2006, 11:26 PM
Lets see how long we can get this forum running for...
I'll Start it off

Things That bug me about video games are:

NFSU2: Your nitrous gets refilled for drafting..:confused:
:"Rider's On the storm" playing over and over and over again.
:Escalade, Hummer, Navigator(who would race one)

NFSMW: Where in the world do you buy bodykits for a Lambo

Midnight club 3: For some reason, your cars can go on two wheels to drive between trafic.

Lets see how many we can get and ill compose a list after the thread slows down.

Turboboost
06-08-2006, 11:32 PM
Forgot to mention it... The games dont have to be all about cars either: Others work too:)

M_K_3
06-08-2006, 11:34 PM
to much to list... but man i dont want my buddy to see this lol he will go on for ever

gp36912
06-08-2006, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Turboboost

Escalade, Hummer, Navigator(who would race one)

NFSMW: Where in the world do you buy bodykits for a Lambo

actually i think you can actually find bodykits of lambos but you have to know where to look :(

as for racing escalades, hummers, navigators. well what can i say :D they race semis so i think it can be a possibility.

my picks are:

res evil - their camera angles suck :D

most racing games - no matter what game it is, they bump you and you go into the wall, you slam into them going 220 and they keep on truckin, o and the pit maneuver dosn't work on them. :D but when they do it to you it works.

Turboboost
06-08-2006, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by gp36912

actually i think you can actually find bodykits of lambos but you have to know where to look :(

Your right, I found some on the web...lol

And as for the Escalade, Hummer, Nav issue, I meant, who would race on the street...:bigpimp:

95EagleAWD
06-08-2006, 11:41 PM

res evil - their camera angles suck :D

Agreed.

But the chicks are hot... The girl from Resident Evil Zero... :love:

Wakalimasu
06-08-2006, 11:50 PM
not many games use the contra code anymo! :o

that totally bugs me..

up up down down left right left right.. ba ba select start?.. haha i don't even remember it

darkbanana
06-09-2006, 12:23 AM
I hate addicting games like diablo2.... sucked me in for 4 years at least haha

Turboboost
06-09-2006, 12:26 AM
I have a friend at school who was addicted to Warcraft... He used to be fairly smart, now he only comes to school like twice a week because hes allways playing Warcraft... now hes failing grade 10

jcrules99
06-09-2006, 12:29 AM
^ hahaha same man!! made me a nerd in grades 9-11, then i finally stopped playing that shit, we used to skip to play diablo.. how sad

i only buy sports games now!!! i have owned every nhl since 98 haha

Turboboost
06-09-2006, 12:43 AM
Forza: You only have to pay for damage in relation to your winnings

Eg; You crush a fender and win 20000 in a race, you pay 1500
You crush a fender and win 1000, you only pay 200

I'd like to find a bodyshop that does that:burnout:

tabouli
06-09-2006, 01:02 AM
The 24 hour races in Gran Turismo 4 bother me...
It's pretty much all I have left to finish too

Turboboost
06-09-2006, 01:14 AM
Yeah, I hate those endurance races in Forza:zzz:

Pihsiak
06-09-2006, 02:03 AM
Any MMO, EverQuest, WoW, Elder Scrolls?

Any game where I have to pay 60 bucks for it AND I have to buy a time card in order to play? I say a big FU to you.
For 60 bucks I can't play some mission games but i have to pay more? every month?

Best thing in the world? Bnet.
I heart DOTA

eb0i
06-09-2006, 08:39 AM
I hate games that ask you 20 million times to confirm if you want to save.

Or games that have extremely hard levels but no checkpoints in the level so that if you die you can start at the checkpoint.

Games that have insanely hard puzzles that are not solved unless you look for a walkthrough on the internet.

sports games where the transition of difficulty between rookie to the next level is insanely difficult.

when the AI cheats on a game.

snowboard
06-09-2006, 08:45 AM
most racing games - no matter what game it is, they bump you and you go into the wall, you slam into them going 220 and they keep on truckin, o and the pit maneuver dosn't work on them. :D but when they do it to you it works.

o man that shit kills me.
AI has like uber traction control/reflexes. and the stickiest tires known to the human race. BULLSHIT!
i also hate in NFS when the traffic turns infront of you, more bullshit.

2000_SI
06-09-2006, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by eb0i
when the AI cheats on a game.
:werd:
I hate it when where you bump up the difficulty, the AI actualy cheats instead of actually getting smarter (perfect bots on perfect dark).

Maybe its jsut my nerdy side, but I hate games where you spend 20+ hours palying though a story intensive game, finally beat the last boss, have a 30 second cutscene, and boom, game over. Fuck, I want a REAL ending. What happened to the other characters, what happened to the world i spent the last 30+ hours saving? (this mostly applies to RPG's..... Jade Empire and KOTOR 2 comes to mind)

soupey
06-09-2006, 08:54 AM
games that dont support gamepads properly, that mess up the axis and proper button configuration...also some games that SHOULD support gamepads but dont on pc.

OH and the weak ending to F.E.A.R. kinda bugged me too, but i havent played the expansion...

DeeK
06-09-2006, 09:46 AM
Heres what pisses me off...

Back in the day of the original NES and SEGA, the games were all about fun. didnt matter how shitty the graphics were, or the sound quality or whatever... they were pure, addictive fun.

Nowadays, all a game has to do is look good. If it looks good, but only has one level and plays like shit, its a fucking hit. $80, and 5 minutes later, it's a piece of trash.

I find that Nintendo games, although mostly childish are the most fun. Xbox is not too bad, and PSX games are all about how much time can be spent loading, and how good the graphics are... THATS IT.

I'm buying the new Nintendo wii just for that reason... ALL of the old NES, SNES, N64, Gameboy, etc etc.. they will ALL be released as a download off the nintendo .net to be played on the new wii.

I still have my old NES, SNES, 64.. but I can't find many games anymore.. not even on ebay..

FUN > Graphics and sound.
if you arent having fun, whats the point of playing?

thats my rant.

I'm so oldskool it hurts.

Nissanaddict
06-09-2006, 09:47 AM
EA NHL 2006. Everything but the skating engine. The AI is horrible, the whole game is way too arcadey.

NHL 2k6: Glitches, Freezes, skating engine (the swivel, those who have the game know what I mean), injuries occuring from light passes hitting an ankle, CPU scoring on your goalie with weaksauce shots, the wraparound abusing, no drop pass.....with all that I still prefer it to 2006.

EnRich
06-09-2006, 09:49 AM
I'd say I'm a pretty hardcore gamer... (PC only) but the thing that bugs me most, are companies that can't produce a decent game. It seems like every game coming out nowadays is the same. Think about the last time you played a quality game... IE, warcraft 3, starcraft, diablo, counter strike, BF2... They can't even make a good strategy game anymore, and dont even get me started on FPS's... Notice that most of the quality games are Blizzard creations... W.o.W I was impressed, and it is the best online game ever created, but the monthly fee's really piss me off... I can understand paying like 25/year for continued support, but 15-25/month is horrid... I returned my W.o.W game.

2000_SI
06-09-2006, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by soupey
OH and the weak ending to F.E.A.R. kinda bugged me too, but i havent played the expansion...
There isnt an expansion... not yet. All of us are kind of in the same boat here...

vietdood
06-09-2006, 10:43 AM
megaman zero and the recent megaman X games. added too much dialogue. it used to be all about the action and getting cool weapons.

Vagabond142
06-09-2006, 11:52 AM
^^^ Get the Megaman Anniversary and Megaman X Anniversary collections if you want some real oldskool gaming on your Cube, PS2, or Xbox

As for PC games... I like what the new Tomb Raider: Legends game did... it looked awesome, had a great story which is part one of a trilogy, played EXTREMELY well, and was very engaging. It's a short game (8 hours) but it feels longer because you're so involved in the game :D

I do play WoW, and yes, I have fun doing so because it is a quality product. They obviously spent a good chunk of time making it good, and continually update it... now all they need is more endgame content :D

Pee_Sack
06-09-2006, 12:26 PM
It has been said already but it is hard to find a game nowadays that is actually fun to play for hours. Most games get repeptitve because all the time and money was spent on graphics and sound and not gameplay.

QuasarCav
06-09-2006, 12:30 PM
I play games from the early 90's because they are way more fun and I dont have mid 20's fat guys pegging me off on online play.

Lands of Lore FTW.

Crymson
06-09-2006, 01:09 PM
I hate plane and helicopter campers in Battlefield 2.

And i Hate EA because they can't make a game that doesn't need 20 patches to play right, and because they don't listen to the competetive community surrounding Bf-2 and they nerf/un-nerf stuff because of too many whiners who suck.

EnRich
06-09-2006, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Crymson

And i Hate EA because they can't make a game that doesn't need 20 patches to play right, and because they don't listen to the competetive community surrounding Bf-2 and they nerf/un-nerf stuff because of too many whiners who suck.

yep good call... Like nerfing the fact that mines dont explode to ppl from your own team anymore... God are some are fuckin noob.... cry... Anyone else find the last patch destoryed their gaming experiance... I found my game got ALOT more jerkier... anyone else get that? esp in the heli? EA really does a bad job patching things.

Crymson
06-09-2006, 01:55 PM
^^

Yah, i can barely stand to play anymore.

I wish people still played Desert Combat for BF'42 or BF:V. Those were both way better games than BF-2.

Xtrema
06-09-2006, 02:14 PM
People on BF2 that shoots teammate just for access to artillery.

A_3
06-09-2006, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Nissanaddict

NHL 2k6: Glitches, Freezes, skating engine (the swivel, those who have the game know what I mean), injuries occuring from light passes hitting an ankle, CPU scoring on your goalie with weaksauce shots, the wraparound abusing, no drop pass.....with all that I still prefer it to 2006.

NHL 2k6 is a fantastic game. However, if you create all the rookies and re-arrange all the rosters manually, the game can't handle it and it crashes. Mine would always crash right at the save screen so I couldn't save my uber-season. Awesome game none-the-less.

The game that pissed me off the most was NFSU. That game was effing brutal, still makes me angry to think about it. I would be winning one of those marathon races for 9 mintues and 50 seconds of a 10 mintue race and in the last ten seconds traffic would cut infront of me and all the others cars would pass me even though I was miles ahead of them. If I didn't put that game down years ago, i'm sure I would have died of an aneurism.

DelSoln
06-09-2006, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by vietdood
megaman zero and the recent megaman X games. added too much dialogue. it used to be all about the action and getting cool weapons.

Metal Gear Solid was like watching a movie as well.

Originally posted by A_3

The game that pissed me off the most was NFSU. That game was effing brutal, still makes me angry to think about it. I would be winning one of those marathon races for 9 mintues and 50 seconds of a 10 mintue race and in the last ten seconds traffic would cut infront of me and all the others cars would pass me even though I was miles ahead of them. If I didn't put that game down years ago, i'm sure I would have died of an aneurism.

:rofl: :rofl:

frostyda9
06-09-2006, 06:55 PM
I hate n00bs that accuse everyone of cheating when their sorry ass gets owned repeatedly.

I hate how without fail, every time I exit Oblivion, I am left with a gaping black box on my screen and having to wait 15-20 seconds while Windows refreshes the desktop and displays the taskbar again.

Sharpie
06-09-2006, 06:58 PM
Annoying kids/british people on online games.

Kirbs17
06-09-2006, 08:43 PM
"Failed to join game" in Diablo 2.

INSANELY good people in CS. fuck, i suck at it, and i hate getting pwned :cry:

gp36912
06-09-2006, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Crymson

yup good call, last night i was at 2-20 because some guy was sitting there in a heli camping us, we had one spawn left and couldn't do anything.

b_t
06-10-2006, 12:05 AM
The fact that there is phoenix downs and Life spells in countless RPGs that work on characters who have had meteors dropped on them, but doesn't help to keep an extremely important non player character alive.

2000_SI
06-11-2006, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by b_t
The fact that there is phoenix downs and Life spells in countless RPGs that work on characters who have had meteors dropped on them, but doesn't help to keep an extremely important non player character alive.

Yeah I know what you are refering to.... but PD's only worked on people who are "Knocked Out," not characters who have had Sephiroths sword shoved through thier face :poosie:

Vagabond142
06-11-2006, 11:50 AM
One thing that annoys me about WoW (yes, I admit I play WoW), are people that will join a group for an instance, will take part in strategy discussion (ie what buffs, who tanks, etc), and as soon as we get into the dungeon they pull a Leeroy (basically run around screaming, waving their arms in the air, aggroing all the enemies in the dungeon to them and the party).

Also, I really hate people that will message me in the middle of me fighting going "kekeke summon plz thx" (seeing as I'm a warlock and we locks have a spell that can teleport a player to our current location) without even considering that maybe we're FIGHTING at the moment they message. -_-

ianmcc
06-11-2006, 12:10 PM
Most of my beefs are with simulations. They are:
-Power ups
-unlimited saves
-the ability to carry ungodly amounts or weapons and ammo and not get weighed down (where IS Lara Croft hiding the M-16 and the gernade launcher and the Uzis and the harpoon gun and the treasure and ammo for all these weapons)
-basically anything in a realistic role-playing game that doesn't imitate real life at least a little bit
-AI that "cheats" as opposed to improves as level increase
-stuff just lying around-in a Castle/maze/fortress/hideout who would really leave weapons, ammo, money and especially KEYS just lying on the ground! Just waiting for your ENEMY (you the player) to pick the sh*t up and come beat your Boss-ass!