PDA

View Full Version : Flood in Trunk!?

Prolifique
06-09-2006, 12:18 AM
I have a 95 Acura integra, so I find out before I have a leak so I take it to screamin paint works and he gladly helps me out and I find out I didn't have the insulation thing for my lights, so I gathered that was the end of it.. today as we all know rained like a munsoon I open my trunk and it's fine then i'm like oh well why not I take the carpet thing and look deep into the trunk sure enough it's like a pool. I have an aftermarket bumper as well but I'm thinking where in hell is this water coming from it's not from the top cause the carpet isn't wet when I open the trunk but underneath it's niagra falls.. and there is no rust cause the water should leak out but it doesn't it stays.. so how is water coming through? dude in screamin paintworks did a water test and we thought we had it down but iI guess not... if any of you have a similar experience or can give me advice please do Thanks i'm open to any comments.

Phuqu
06-09-2006, 09:15 AM
your taillight didn't have all the nuts to hold the light in. That could be the reason for the leak.

If your able to pick up the 8mm(?) nuts we can put all of them in and retest where it's leaking from.

If you can pick up the trim clips as well we can do that at the same time.

Have you heard about your claim yet? We can make sure it 100% doesn't leak when/if you book the car in for repairs.

Check your rubber weatherstripping for damage on that side as well.

Prolifique
06-09-2006, 10:08 PM
Thanks for all your help and time well spent on my vehicle. Atleast I think we know where the water is from, I doubt it's from anywhere else after we settle the rest and for anyone else Screamin paintworks is an amazing place good people who actually care for your car and not look at you like another number on their agenda to do list. Thanks and very appreciated.

Teggy2nr
06-10-2006, 12:17 AM
Dose ur car have a moonroof cuz i got some body work done on my car last summer and the body shop disconnected the drain tubes for the moon roof and didnt reconnect them to the hole in the side of the car to let it leak out and i had about 2'' of water in the spare tire well. http://www.team-integra.net/sections/articles/showArticle.asp?ArticleID=546this should explain it better

gofastmerc
06-10-2006, 09:12 AM
If it still leaks, just climb in the trunk and get some one to spray the out side with a hose. Take all the trim out so you can see where it comes in.

I had a Neon once that the water would come in from the tail light, track along the floor and find its way to the rear footwell. The tirewell didin't get any water at all. That one took a while...

Phuqu
06-10-2006, 12:01 PM
It was taillight gaskets and a toonie size plug on the rear body panel that was missing.

New seals and plug have been ordered.

Should be here start of the week.

frostyda9
06-10-2006, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Teggy2nr
Dose ur car have a moonroof cuz i got some body work done on my car last summer and the body shop disconnected the drain tubes for the moon roof and didnt reconnect them to the hole in the side of the car to let it leak out and i had about 2'' of water in the spare tire well. http://www.team-integra.net/sections/articles/showArticle.asp?ArticleID=546this should explain it better

It would be a god idea to check this. It happens on a lot of Integras

*prettyboy*
06-11-2006, 03:27 PM
:thumbsdow danhgg