PDA

View Full Version : Help: looking for something "different"

clem24
06-09-2006, 11:52 AM
As the title states, looking for a "different" restaurant. Been to all the usual (like sushi, Korean, pasta, whitey food), now looking fo something that is "different". Serves something unique. Any suggestions? :thumbsup:

QuasarCav
06-09-2006, 11:57 AM
Marathon, Eithopian food in the kensington area.

You eat with you hands using a communal plate and doughy bread like stuff.

jdmakkord
06-09-2006, 12:18 PM
Mango shiva, fusion east indian, great lunch buffet too. A lil bit pricey but killer food.

4wslude
06-09-2006, 12:51 PM
sahara, behind eu clare market, lebanese, and mediterrannean food, realy good stuff

xrayvsn
06-09-2006, 12:53 PM
Sultan's tent - I think it's Morrocan. You seat on big comfy pillows, eat with your hands. They wash your hands for you before you eat. Good food too.

clem24
06-09-2006, 01:25 PM
I've been to Sultan's tent. I didn't have a very good experience tho, because I went right after I had a filling done, so my mouth was still frozen (my fault of course). Ended up eating more of my lip than I did food. I just remember it being quite expensive, and the waiters heckle you if you request a fork.

Sahara sounds interesting.

What exactly do you eat at an Ethiopian restaurant? I don't want to be rude or anything, but just using common sense... I've actually seen that restaurant a few times, but never went in.

Thanks for the tips.. Keep 'em coming!:thumbsup:

blueToy
06-10-2006, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by clem24
As the title states, looking for a "different" restaurant. Been to all the usual (like sushi, Korean, pasta, whitey food), now looking fo something that is "different". Serves something unique. Any suggestions? :thumbsup:

Something different . Awesome Mexican food in Red Deer ( 1.5 hours north , right on Gaetz Ave ) , or try a curry chicken Roti ( Carribean ), they are awesome . Also , On 16th. ave near Sait is our fave Asia place called Emerald Garden , but go for the Portugese curries . They are awesome , and the place also has a awesome board menu when you walk in . The service there is also first rate , and they run a clean and efficent ship . Our favorite thing as of late is to just go out to some small town like Bassanno or something way out in the sticks ,and hit up there local Country Cafe or Kitchen type place . You'd be surprised at how awesome really homemade from scratch food can be . Most places also give you enough food to feed a family too . Usually very generous and kind folks .

rinny
06-11-2006, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by blueToy

Something different . Awesome Mexican food in Red Deer ( 1.5 hours north , right on Gaetz Ave )

Las Palmeras

Yes very good.